Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Recent posts" window...  (Read 4261 times)

"Recent posts" window...
« on: May 24, 2006, 11:49:36 pm »
* Drewdelz turns into a nagging old man...

The spam section clogs up the "Recent Posts" window thing. It can be kinda annoying for unknown reasons... >_>
I don't really give a !@#$% what's going on in the spam section, it screws up people who want to track recent forum happenings. I think we should be able to turn off the spam section if we want to.

Here's a pick showing what I mean:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9695/lawlzfgc0ai.jpg

* Drewdelz digi-volves into SUPER-NAGGING DREWDELZ!
Re: "Recent posts" window...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 11:52:36 pm »
Cool I am on that List XD
I don`t know I kinda Like seeing Spam
I can see What the newist Spam Fad

bran371

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 01:19:49 am »
Spaz, he means individual board ignoration (is that a word?) settings so he doesn't get the spam section recent posts. I can understand that, I guess, though I myself am a spammer at heart. We just need to steal DSR's ignore function.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 01:54:42 am »
  • hungry..
I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. I think not having spam on the recent topics list is a great idea.
  • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 03:50:53 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
I agree that it should be removed, it's...pointless to have nonsense-threads appear on the recent posts list :D
Let's keep pointless posts inside the stupid, annoying and pointless messages-section, shall we ;)
My name is Pitt
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 02:46:53 pm »
I too have had a problem with spam posts going on the recent posts list.  Every time I try to post seriously, my post is always  moved down the list in less than a few seconds.  In fact, this post will probably be covered up and forgotten for a long time.

This is getting to the point were ZFGC does not feel like anything anymore, and why wouldn't it, spam topics get more recognition than Zelda fangames.
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 02:56:25 pm »
Such a shame of that 161 pages topic :P

But sure, I wont really miss it...but it was still fun. Lets have a vote about it. Because in the past people complained ZFGC was TOO serious with removing the Spam forum. Now its back and people have other complaints. So lets have votes.

dylan623

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 09:57:37 pm »
I think Spam should stay, but there should be a separate "recent posts" window for it. ;)
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 10:01:13 pm »
I think Spam should stay, but there should be a separate "recent posts" window for it. ;)
It would just take up more space.  If you put it on the board index in the information area at the bottom of the page, it would bush all boards up, and if you put it in the spam section, it would be pointless because you would be able to see the most recent post and most recent topics anyway.  Spam really shouldn't be glorified by having its own recent posts window.

dylan623

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 05:31:30 pm »
It would just take up more space.  If you put it on the board index in the information area at the bottom of the page, it would bush all boards up, and if you put it in the spam section, it would be pointless because you would be able to see the most recent post and most recent topics anyway.  Spam really shouldn't be glorified by having its own recent posts window.
Maybe Spam could not appear in the "recent posts" window at all.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 05:38:19 pm »
That is basically what everyone has been saying.  It gets annoying to see the whole list congregated by spam. 
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 08:29:01 pm »

Uhh, that would be what this whole topic is about... o_O
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 61 queries.