Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "I'm Leaving" "I'm Back" "I'm leaving again"  (Read 5488 times)

"I'm Leaving" "I'm Back" "I'm leaving again"
« on: September 30, 2006, 12:32:42 am »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
GOOD GOD! If people are going to leave then LEAVE!  >:(
How annoying is this incessant need for people to get attention by leaving only to return 2 days later?
HELLO? Its a forum, if you're going to go then go, there really isn't any need for enormous posts explaining your reasons. This is driving me crazy I go onto the hello/goodbye forums to say hi to new members and all I see is "Wah wah ZFGC isn't as good as it used to be I'm leaving forever" (cry me an effing river, ZFGC has changed deal with it people) then an hour later "I'm back oh god I missed you guys so much".

I'm glad Sol has chosen to freeze peoples accounts who leave. Way to be! If you say you're leaving forever cos you hate the "new" zfgc then it should be a permanent departure not some convoluted way of getting attention.

-EDIT- HEY! wheres my grave digging rant/ topic gone? :(
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 12:44:38 am by Uppy »

Limey

Re: "I'm Leaving" "I'm Back" "I'm leaving again"
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 12:36:48 am »
!@#$% you.  I've had a busy !@#$% life, my computer has been broken for the past 2 weeks (no zfgc, I was fine), and I've been a member for zfgc for much longer than you have, so stfu.  I wanted my friends to know that I wasn't going to be here for a while.  And I never said I was leaving forever. 

Don't be a DICK, I'm not deleting my account nor trying to make drama out of it, I made a humble topic, .

I was planning to put this in my topic, but anyone who wants to reach me: rds@camsul.com ... -_-
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 12:39:38 am »
I wasn't talking about you in particular I was talking about the HUGE amount of "I'm leaving" topics.
As for being a DICK:
funk you.  I've been a member for zfgc for much longer than you have, so stfu.
>:(
tight butthole I didnt start this topic to make enemies. Despite the rant at the beginning I was actually making a point rather than having a go at anyone specific. Sorry if I offended you
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 12:44:03 am by Uppy »

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 12:46:13 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Well I would agree with you, but I did it too. People change their minds alot. Complaining about it doesnt do anything. So im tired of bitchy whiny topics :)
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 12:50:27 am »
Yer I just needed to vent.... its so frustrating seeing topics like those I described above though I mean people leaving a forum cos they don't like a select few people here. I mean is that how these people act irl? They get an amazing job or gorgeous girlfriend then leave cos they don't like someone around them? Of course not. you ignore the people you don't like, you don't post in their topics etc. no point getting all mardy and leaving. Is there?

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 12:55:40 am »
Limey, you came out of nowhere thinking this whole topic was about you.  Unless you can prove that it is, then it is just a topic about members who frequently leave and come back creating a reason each time.  I know that sometimes people personify a topic to be about them, and I know that it is hard to resist flaming, but that temptation to do it does not justify it.

Anyway, I do not like it when members leave and come back, but that is only if they say they are going to leave permanently.  Those who leave for personal reasons are OK with me, but those who leave and in the process upset a lot of members with negative remarks only to come back in a few days is a pointless thing to do.  In my opinion, that would be a way of rule-breaking; flaming, then leaving, and then returning to face a lesser punishment.  Besides that though, it is OK to come and go.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 12:57:22 am »
  • The Mike
I agree, I think posting topics about coming back and leaving is a little dumb. If they're gunna leave for a month or so then yeah, post a topic, but if your gone for around a week or less, there's no point in making a topic about it if it's just a waste of time.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 01:00:58 am »
Thank you 4Sword and HBM, you understood exactly what I ment, as for Limeys flame, its fine, I can handle it.
Like I said this topic wasnt aimed at any one person and certainly not those who leave for a genuine reason.

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 01:21:04 am »
There are a lot of topics annoucing people leaving. If you find it annoying my recomendation is don't look in there. We stuck all of these topics into a sub-forum for a reason, so it doesn't mix in with the stuff people want to read. (Not that comings and goings are important or not important). People leave, people come back.

As for people 'bitching' in topics, or whatever pedlya said, thats what this area is for, its called Forum Feedback. As I said to the people who hate leaving topics, don't read this area, if it bugs you that much.

In general, we're working on reducing the amount of flaming on the board, right now the only problem i see with the leaving topic is, people flame eachother, and are very rude to eachother. If it continues and our moderation staff has issues controling the area, maybe we'll shut it down. I doubt that will be the issue, I have faith in Hal, and his team. We're trying very hard to get on top of issues that were left for us to deal with. Alex did a great job cleaning things up, but there are still some places that need mopped up, and Alex and I knew that when Alex left.

So please give is time to control these issues, and please keep posting about issues as you see them. We want to hear these things, and we want to fix the concerns users have with our community.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 02:12:34 am »
Well if it comes to getting rid of it don't get rid of the introducing yourself part that is very usefull to new members.
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 03:21:47 am »
  • [sic]
I agree somewhat. Perhaps there should be some very simple guidelines for the leaving section, like not posting that you're leaving non-temporarily. I actually left and returned to the forum about 4 times now but I've never made a topic about it.
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 01:52:33 pm »
You know I have been thinking for months about leaving ZFGC but when ZFGC went down 2 days. I was like damn ZFGC is down and I checked atleast 20 times a day if ZFGC was back(No Joke). So the moral of this story is that think really really really really good about it when you are making an topic that you are leaving.
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 04:22:27 pm »
  • [sic]
Er, what? It's really not necessary to create topics at all. If you're leaving to make a statement, the truth is, nobody really cares. If you're leaving because you honestly don't like the place, your activity should have already been decreasing. Just disappear. Just leave. Don't announce it.
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 04:29:45 pm »
Er, what? It's really not necessary to create topics at all. If you're leaving to make a statement, the truth is, nobody really cares. If you're leaving because you honestly don't like the place, your activity should have already been decreasing. Just disappear. Just leave. Don't announce it.
People do not care? That depends on which people leave.
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 05:37:01 pm »
I personally just leave and come back without any notice. I'm only slightly close with like 1 member on this forum after all these years, and they ussually know if im not hanging aorund as much.

As far as freezing accounts go. I don't think that is the moderators right to do that to every person who says they are leaving. Sure it is annoying how people do this and come back, but Andrew said it all for me already, you don't have to let it bother you so much, it was put in a sub forum for a reason. It's not hard to sort out the good and bad topics in there when you are checking for new members.
But unless the person is going to far, and doing this constantly, and flaming the forum every time I think no mod should toutch their account without permision. So what if they are being imature and annoying? At least it is in the sub forum and not where we are forced to deal with it on a daily basis. Up and freezing the accounts of those who leave is just plain stupid and ignorant, because everybody has the right to come back, or change their mind depending on the circumstances, no matter how annoying or stupid they are being. Am i wrong?
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 05:58:58 pm »
As I said in the topic where users were requesting that we go in and fix all signature url errors for ZFGC. == I personaly don't feel I have the right (even as an administrator) to dig through your account settings, unless you personally ask me to fix something for you, such as your name, email address, password, etc. My job is not to go fix URL's or freeze users accounts because they don't want to be here anymore. It may be wise to post some sort of 'rules' in the coming and going boards, but really I think we have too many rules already, we need to step away from over complicating everything we do. If you don't like the hello/goodbye sub-forum, don't read it.

Now, I don't want the comments there to push people away from discussing things like this, but come to us with ideas, rather than streight out bitching. Bitching is fine, but do it with ideas at hand, solid ideas!

The posts are getting out of hand in there, maybe a reminder that says "Please only post if you are leaving the forum premanately!" Users who's computer broke, who's house caught on fire.. things like that can be said in community speak. Thats what its for? Discussing things like that.

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 10:12:14 pm »
There whouldn't even be a Hello/Goodbye section with the way things are now.  -_-;  Even the staff are going into the "Good Bye" topics and saying stuff like "See you next week."
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 03:37:49 am »
I'll raise the issue with hal, and we'll discuss setting restrictions on how the hello/goodbye topic is used. I dislike the fact we have to write rules and regulations for every single board, but what works works.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 03:52:33 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Honestly, If all else fails just make that Subforum into a "Introductions Only" forum to encourage people to just leave without causing drama, and if they are temporarily leaving and its a serious reason that they care to share that can be dicussed without the possibility of straight flaming, it can be in community speak (ie vacations). If they are in Community Speak its more likely for Mods to check those topics for flaming and deal with them sooner.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 03:58:02 am »
CrystalAngel, are you left handed? >.> Thinking outside the box.... eh.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 78 queries.