Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "I'm Leaving" "I'm Back" "I'm leaving again"  (Read 5891 times)

Re: "I'm Leaving" "I'm Back" "I'm leaving again"
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 04:20:26 am »
This might be a really stupid idea, but going with Crystals idea, on top of that, maybe make a rant forum at the bottom of the main index, with archives, which still, would have rules that the rest of the place has, to respect, etc. But if people are going to rant about how much they hate the place now, or whatever stupid reasons they are leaving for, or general garbage that nobody likes poluting the rest of the forum, they can just do it in the dump area of the forum for loser posts. Because meerly making that change will only cause them to move into community speak to tell their story. And hopefully, this way they would just go to "the dump" or whatever to say it. Staff would still monitor it for flaming and what have you, but this way it is not flooding the introduction area, or causing chaos in community speak. "IF it catches on" Plus nobody will complain about these kinds of posts anymore because they are in their own garbage area not disturbing the rest of the forum.

I never fully thought through this yet, It just popped into my head when I read Crystal's post, so maybe its not a good idea, but I thought I would mention it anyways.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 04:22:53 am by skully »
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2006, 12:25:36 pm »
  • [sic]
As I said in the topic where users were requesting that we go in and fix all signature url errors for ZFGC. == I personaly don't feel I have the right (even as an administrator) to dig through your account settings, unless you personally ask me to fix something for you, such as your name, email address, password, etc. My job is not to go fix URL's or freeze users accounts because they don't want to be here anymore. It may be wise to post some sort of 'rules' in the coming and going boards, but really I think we have too many rules already, we need to step away from over complicating everything we do. If you don't like the hello/goodbye sub-forum, don't read it.
Actually I was just trying to fix broken links universally. I didn't think any staff should have to change user's sigs themselves if it came down to that.

Now, I don't want the comments there to push people away from discussing things like this, but come to us with ideas, rather than streight out Female puppying. Female puppying is fine, but do it with ideas at hand, solid ideas!

The posts are getting out of hand in there, maybe a reminder that says "Please only post if you are leaving the forum premanately!" Users who's computer broke, who's house caught on fire.. things like that can be said in community speak. Thats what its for? Discussing things like that.
I definitely agree with that idea. That'd probably be the most effective way.
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2006, 12:43:12 pm »
Honestly, If all else fails just make that Subforum into a "Introductions Only" forum to encourage people to just leave without causing drama, and if they are temporarily leaving and its a serious reason that they care to share that can be dicussed without the possibility of straight flaming, it can be in community speak (ie vacations). If they are in Community Speak its more likely for Mods to check those topics for flaming and deal with them sooner.

Shouldn't they things like that in community speak anyway?

Community Speak is is for topic that involve you or the community. Concerning you, it would mostly be things that involve your real life, but not necessarily. It should also be somewhat important.
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2006, 03:09:14 pm »
Skully I agree(how many times is that now 984? ;D)

Maybe if you are leaving to make a point say it in community speak and then just make a regular topic in H/G.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 45 queries.

anything