Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Save Wii Games Direct To SD Card (Starting Spring 2009) and new DS Official  (Read 5331 times)

Save Wii Games Direct To SD Card (Starting Sprin...
« on: October 02, 2008, 05:53:30 am »
http://kotaku.com/5057877/save-wii-games-direct-to-sd-card-starting-spring-2009#c8092207

Finally. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has just announced that, beginning in Spring 2009 (at least for Japan), Nintendo Wii owners will be able to download software directly to an SD card. "We have to address the console's insufficient memory storage," said Iwata, speaking at today's Nintendo Fall Press Conference. This obviously applies only to WiiWare and Virtual Console games, but hey, since they were the things clogging up your memory in the first place, it's hard to see this as anything other than good news. Not perfect news, but still, better than silence.

http://kotaku.com/5057870/nintendo-announce-new-ds-the-nintendo-dsi

During their Fall Press Conference today, Nintendo have - as expected - announced a new version of the Nintendo DS. Called the Nintendo DSi, it eschews the GBA slot (boo!) in favour of a slight downsizing (it's a little thinner) and a range of improvements. The handheld's screens have been enlarged, and will now be 17% bigger (at 3.25 inches) than those found on the DS Lite. As for the rumoured additions, both have proven to be correct, with "audio enhancements" made to the handheld, while it will also now include a .3 megapixel (640x480) camera. And that's just the start of it.

The DSi also features an SD memory card slot, making it possible to take pictures with the DSi and then view them on the Nintendo Wii. The DSi features a built-in browser, and it's possible to download games and keep them on the DSi.

For digital delivery purchases, there is a DSi Shop, from which users can download DSiWare from. Pricing categories for the DSiWare are: Free, 200 points, 500 points and "Premium" or 800 points. Customers will get 1000 free points to spend at the DSi Shop that are good until March 2010.

The DSi will be released in Japan on November 1. It will retail for ¥18,900 (USD$180), and will be available in two colours, white and black.

The SD card save thing will be kind of pointless unless you can run the VC and Wiiware games directly from it.

Also, Discuss.

Re: Save Wii Games Direct To SD Card (Starting S...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 06:07:17 am »
Cool.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 06:33:35 am »
It hasn't been confirmed by Nintendo yet...

LOL @ YOU
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 06:47:13 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
Can we just turn this into a Nintendo Press Conference discussion topic?

Videos from the conference.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/index.html#event

New Punch-Out for Wii
Sin and Punishment 2 for Wii
Monster Hunter 3 for Wii
New Dynasty Warriors for Wii
New Tales game for Wii

Mario and Luigi 3 for DS

These are only what I remember.

http://kotaku.com/5057882/nintendo-re+releasing-gamecube-games-on-wii-pikmins-first

Nintendo is also rereleasing GameCube games on the Wii. Only one announced so far is Pikmin.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:54:20 am by Takuthehedgehog »
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 07:04:12 am »
  • :3
Can we just turn this into a Nintendo Press Conference discussion topic?

Videos from the conference.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/index.html#event

New Punch-Out for Wii
Sin and Punishment 2 for Wii
Monster Hunter 3 for Wii
New Dynasty Warriors for Wii
New Tales game for Wiid
Street Fighter 4 for Wii

Mario and Luigi 3 for DS

These are only what I remember.

http://kotaku.com/5057882/nintendo-re+releasing-gamecube-games-on-wii-pikmins-first

Nintendo is also rereleasing GameCube games on the Wii. Only one announced so far is Pikmin.
Added one to your list! And !@#$% yes, Pikmin! The one Gamecube game I still need to get!
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 07:21:01 am »
!@#$% yeah, new Tales game, i hope it comes to the US.

!@#$% yes at Mario and Luigi 3, i loved SS and PiT.

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 10:41:43 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Coolness. :) Finally my Wii's "Hard Drive" will clear up. Also, saving games to your DSi and keeping them there = Virtual Handheld..?
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 10:42:22 am »
It's pretty !@#$% lame, to see this new DS! Because the difference between the DS and DSLite where not too big. But the difference between DSI compared to DSLite is huge! :-X

At the brightside.. there are some cool new games announced.

LOL @ YOU
LOL @ YOU

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 11:21:27 am »
  • The Mike
I thought the DSi would look a little different though but that's alright. It sounds way better that a couple days ago though. I'm also glad about the SD Card being a secondary storage for the Wii which should have been done ages ago. At least it's here now! XD

• Zelda Eternity

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 11:33:45 am »
It's pretty !@#$% lame, to see this new DS! Because the difference between the DS and DSLite where not too big. But the difference between DSI compared to DSLite is huge! :-X

At the brightside.. there are some cool new games announced.

LOL @ YOU
LOL @ YOU

NO, LOL @ ALL OF YOU

DSI? It stands for  Dual Screen Idiotic.

.3 megapixel camera - for when your 5 year old cellphone camera just is just too clear.

Thinner in size - now you can maybe fit it in your hot pants.

Larger Screen - for seeing the notes clearer in your now obsolete guitar hero game.

SD Card slot - So you can pay for crappy games of a similar design to those you could play for free in flash form.
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 12:34:10 pm »
  • :D
Dude this thing looks like a piece of !@#$%.

Did you guys read the battery life specs?  They were pitiful.  Stick with your DSlites.

Not to mention no GBA slot.  And there is no way this camera is any better than a cellphone camera-- Doesn't everybody here most likely own a camera already anyway?

Saving Wi games direct to SD is good though.  I've been waiting for this :)
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 12:42:52 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
You guys might not like it, but I see this as a step up for the company. The new DSi obviously has a market, and the whole SD saving this is pretty cool (hopefully we can play games directly from it as well now). Mario & Luigi 3 looks pretty good and Pikmin Wii sounds interesting.

I'm beginning to get my faith back in Nintendo.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 12:43:24 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
lol @ the crappy power looking power button.

Anyways, it was all pretty promising till I read the first line "No GBA slot" WELL THAT'S BULL.

Oh well, as long as it still supports flash carts then I'll get it (since I don't have one). Although, I wish they'd add some more RAM to the damn thing.

Also... !@#$% YEAH PUNCHOUT. GOD YES. I loved that game on SNES.

Why is little Mac black? :( (lol m rapr)
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 12:48:02 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I think I'm going to trade in me and my brother's two phat DS's for credit on this thing. (We have a DS Lite as well, so that would mean two instead of three).
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 12:58:45 pm »
  • Royal Assassin
That's the only thing I DON'T like from Nintendo, I respect Nintendo, but each time you buy a console and later a newer, better, modern version comes out.

I bought the DS Lite color black, I would like to buy the DSi but it would like abondonning my DS, and it will never be replaced by some new system with camera and SD card features.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 01:06:10 pm »
  • b e p i s
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 01:36:54 pm »
That's the only thing I DON'T like from Nintendo, I respect Nintendo, but each time you buy a console and later a newer, better, modern version comes out.

I bought the DS Lite color black, I would like to buy the DSi but it would like abondonning my DS, and it will never be replaced by some new system with camera and SD card features.

Better? ROFL. This is a downgrade.

DS Micro would be a better name.

You guys might not like it, but I see this as a step up for the company. The new DSi obviously has a market, and the whole SD saving this is pretty cool (hopefully we can play games directly from it as well now). Mario & Luigi 3 looks pretty good and Pikmin Wii sounds interesting.

I'm beginning to get my faith back in Nintendo.

Getting your faith back because of some mediocre japanese games? Whatever man.
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 02:00:18 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Nintendo has announced a new "Play on Wii" selection of GameCube games to be remade for Wii.

During their fall conference this morning, Nintendo Co, Ltd. announced that they would be starting a new range of games called the Play on Wii range. These games are modified GameCube games remade to utilise Wii controls.

During the conference, only two titles were confirmed to be heading to Wii through this range: Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat and Pikmin. No doubt more titles will be announced in the future.

The Play on Wii range has been confirmed to be launched in both Japan and Europe, but no word from Nintendo America just yet. We'll bring you more on this as we get it.

Twilight Princess anyone? :awesome:
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 03:01:02 pm »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
Oh well, as long as it still supports flash carts then I'll get it (since I don't have one). Although, I wish they'd add some more RAM to the damn thing.
They're adding a free web browser to the DSi. It can be inferred that means it also has more RAM.
...Unless the browser only works on the DSi store. Which would be !@#$% retarded.

Also, WHY HAVN'T THEY MADE THE NEW M&L GAME INCLUDE WARIO AND WALUIGI YET? I guess it just makes TOO MUCH sense to do something so awesome, so they just threw in bowser or some stupid !@#$%.

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 03:04:06 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
They're adding a free web browser to the DSi. It can be inferred that means it also has more RAM.
...Unless the browser only works on the DSi store. Which would be !@#$% retarded.

Really? Sweet. Hopefully it isn't just for the DSi store, that would be bull.

Also, WHY HAVN'T THEY MADE THE NEW M&L GAME INCLUDE WARIO AND WALUIGI YET? I guess it just makes TOO MUCH sense to do something so awesome, so they just threw in bowser or some stupid !@#$%.

You never know, they could be in it.

Also Waluigi hasn't been in any canon Mario games. Only those spin-offs and crap.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 75 queries.

anything