Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Okay, deleting replies is getting old  (Read 3745 times)

Okay, deleting replies is getting old
« on: September 30, 2010, 03:43:38 am »
Since I feel we are an open enough community to discus this, I am opening this up:
I will try to be as civil as possible.
Quit deleting my replies.  I do not care which mod/admin is doing it.  It is very childish.  I have had MAYBE ONE reply that is wrong of me.  I could have been notified and I would have changed it accordingly.This is not the bad one but,  I just jumped into FISSURE'S Square topic about FF;CC.
I made a reply that said to his question"What happened?"
I said," Square-Enix milked a franchise."
First off, I believe I have full right to say that as I have bought and beaten nearly every game to bear the title "Final Fantasy" both import and localized.
Second, nothing was spammy about my reply that was completely deleted as I voiced a legit response.
Third, if that was considered a troll(though I was not), I would have replied to why I believe it is a milked franchise.

I have been around for a few years.  This, in my opinion, is uncalled for.  I don't believe I am the only one this is happening to as I have seen Mirby's and I believe even FISSURE's threads/replies deleted before.  True they can delete their own posts but, I'm just saying.

Not trying to instigate a members vs mods/admins.
Saying that it is unnecessary to be deleting your members' replies simply because you do not agree with them or the truth is too hard to swallow, because having my replies deleted implies to me just such feeling in the staff.

tl;dr Quit deleting member's replies.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mirby

Drifter
Re: Okay, deleting replies is getting old
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 04:01:46 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I had a post in the "There has to be an easier way to do this..." thread that was deleted. If something's wrong with a post we make, tell us. Don't delete it without warning. If you want us to stop doing something we may have done wrong, at least tell us what we did so we don't do it again.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 04:18:50 am »
I'm sorry I just want to be helpful, please don't delete my posts I was only trying to help... sorry :(
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 04:44:03 am »
Damnit, I feel like an ass.  That exact topic I used as an example was the wrong one.  :/
I apologize but in the same token, my and other's replies are still getting deleted.

Again I apologize for confusing the topics in my head.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 05:12:07 am »
Wow, they actually deleted your milked reply post O_o. Ugh. It's your opinion, there was nothing wrong with it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 05:30:43 am by FISSURE »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 05:19:07 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
*sigh*

<_< This is why making 2 threads that have exactly the same general content and same general title is a bad idea.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 05:24:03 am »
The moderator log doesn't seem to have any recent entries beyond that which is mostly me deleting spam/ad bots that register. Otherwise though looking through the deleted posts board Theforeshadower, I only see one post of yours which was deleted - and that one is next to Mirby's. I agree that when someone's post gets deleted they should be notified as to a reason why in either a PM or a post in that topic, I don't know who deleted the post beyond a reasonable guess. Also though about the posts I don't see which you claim were also deleted, sometimes if the Internet cuts out when you try to post something, that which you tried to post will not go through.

If I had to guess and if it was a moderator that deleted your posts, their reasoning might have been along the lines of both of you making a point of "respecting" the veteran users here - in the sense of them being on a higher level than those who are new. It cuts at the idea that if someone new doesn't show you respect that doesn't mean you should show them disrespect back.

But instead you obviously didn't even read the part where he utilizes the random function.
But instead you obviously didn't even read the part where he utilizes the random function.

Pisses me off...but all I can do now is lol.  I am sorry but having 11 posts overall and posting like that makes me wish I had an ignore feature until members hit 100 posts.

I completely missed the "floor" as I don't use random() very often, so you talk to me like I am a moron...I love this forum....

This is something I have heard talked about in another setting. Essentially, if someone goes after your knowledge of something because they think that it is flawed or incomplete, that is not to say that they think you lack all knowledge. I am not saying you being egotistical, but it is alright to be wrong or give off the appearance of being wrong sometimes.

Respect for the older members here, people!

Also, figures DJ would figger sumtim out. ^.^

Mostly about the constant stuff you repeat often about being a veteran member, simply being here longer gives you no claim to authority it just doesn't. People with skills tend to not have a need for personal respect anyway, their work is good enough for them not to need such trivial things.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 05:35:08 am »
On my part, that reply was probably rude.  I hadn't gotten sleep at all that week and the response NAM gave towards me just set me off I guess.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 05:36:02 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
4Sword-

Nothing was deleted <_<;;

as TFS said; he was referring to the wrong thread, which again I referred to in my post, which states

*sigh*

<_< This is why making 2 threads that have exactly the same general content and same general title is a bad idea.

Take a look in Gaming and Entertainment. There are 2 threads with almost identical content. That's where the confusion is.
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 05:37:42 am »
4Sword-

Nothing was deleted <_<;;

as TFS said; he was referring to the wrong thread, which again I referred to in my post, which states

*sigh*

Take a look in Gaming and Entertainment. There are 2 threads with almost identical content. That's where the confusion is.

Yeah, just noticed his reply is in my other topic >.>

Personally i think we can all blame Square Enix for this whole thing.

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 05:40:57 am »
Oh, I didn't quite catch that, well I guess no worries then.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 05:41:13 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I wasn't serious about that first part there, 4Sword. I know that I've gotten flak for trying to wear the veteran member status as a badge that gives me more rights than others, which is why I don't do that anymore. And when it sounds like I am again, I'm not serious about it.

The second part I was, because I know DJ's good with coding, and was complimenting him about it.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 05:57:53 am »
w-what

Pisses me off...but all I can do now is lol.  I am sorry but having 11 posts overall and posting like that makes me wish I had an ignore feature until members hit 100 posts.

I completely missed the "floor" as I don't use random() very often, so you talk to me like I am a moron...I love this forum....

when was this said, why wasn't I informed

you don't have to worry too much, I used it so unoften that I didn't even know some of the intricacies behind it  (i.e. random() goes from 0 to n-0.00000001) (which was reflected in my post) (I'm used to the GM8 function irandom_range() because I had been waiting for that for a long time)

I'm eating Oh's! (however that's spelt; it's a cereal) and listening to chiptune music, do I know my place yet

also sorry if my posts are getting deleted, I'm not even remotely familiar with this forum, I mostly come here to see updates on projects
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 60 queries.

anything