Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nintendo Community Fangame Convention  (Read 4626 times)

Nintendo Community Fangame Convention
« on: August 09, 2007, 06:49:37 pm »
I’m happy to announce we will be affiliating with the Nintendo Community Fangame Conventionor just “NCFC”. The convention will be held from October 24th to October 29th.

Registration Deadline is: September 29th.

I first want to convey to our users that this is *not* a replacement for z3, I will post further information regarding z3, after this announcement.

The NCFC will allow the entire Nintendo fangame community to join together and see what products are being created within the community. This will be a great way to highlight your creativity as an individual.

The other affiliating websites include: Mario Fan Game Galaxy, Metroid: Fan Mission, the Zelda Game Network and Metroid Headquarters. ZFGC is proud and happy to join with these websites, to let the world know what people have been up to, in the ways of Nintendo fangame creation.

Here is a quote from the website directly regarding the NCFC:

Thanks to combination of popular demand and inevitability, it's time to start getting ready for the first Nintendo Community Fangame Convention, an effort to create an E3 (the old one, mind you) for Nintendo fangamers all across the board. So far, Mario Fan Games Galaxy, Metroid: Fan Mission, The Zelda Game Network, and Metroid Headquarters have all agreed to participate in this fangaming extravaganza. In addition, the staff of the upcoming game maker Stencyl has agreed to sponsor us.

The current plans for NCFC take place over the course of five days: October 24 to October 28. This is a month prior to the release of Super Mario Galaxy, giving everyone a little something to anticipate before it hits shelves. Anyone making a Nintendo-based fangame is welcome to showcase it at this convention.

Various events are also planned over the five days, including a mini-game competition! Unfortunately, we can't tell you the theme yet because working with it on short notice is half the challenge. And yes, there will be a plethora prizes and Nintendo memorabilia up for grabs. NCFC will also host a - hopefully - 24-hour radio show featuring music and previews of upcoming fangames at the convention. If there is enough demand, we also have plans to allow for various fangame-related workshops.

Also scheduled for NCFC is an exclusive live interview with Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario. Please see this: http://ncfc.taloncrossing.com/martinet.htm for more information on the interview.

If you're interested in having a "booth" at NCFC or hosting a workshop, please see: http://ncfc.taloncrossing.com/register.htm

Stay tuned to this website for more updates on the NCFC - shaping up to be the biggest event in fangaming.

For further information please visit the NCFC website at: http://ncfc.taloncrossing.com/

There are a few more things to add. We have an old button at the bottom of the NCFC web page; it’s the only one I could find off hand. If anyone would like to design us a new (or a few new) affiliation buttons please send them to me via PM. No promises if your button will be used, or if we will use them in the future, please specifically highlight just “ZFGC”. They should be the standard 88 by 31.

ZFGC’s z3 will be delayed indefinitely. Our hopes and goals are to have things ready come Christmas Break. I sincerely apologize for these delays and we hope we can make the best of this. NCFC is not a substitute for z3 and ZFGC would have proudly affiliated with or without z3.

If you have any questions regarding either z3, ZFGC, NCFC or any of its affiliates, please let me know and I will try me best to get those questions answered. I encourage you to join their forums for more information.

If you require hosting for the NCFC please contact me, or utilize the NCFC’s contact page. Project Pages is another hosting option. I will be happy to provide hosting for anyone’s project, I have a few domain names (including this one), along with a reseller package that isn’t being used to its fullest extent.

If anyone else is interested in providing hosting, please contact me, I’ll forward you to the right person.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 02:48:17 am by 4Sword »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
Re: Nintendo Community Fangame Convention
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 04:16:27 am »
Two new updates.

NCFC has been delayed due to a few date conflicts. It will now be taking place on October 24th to the 28th.

Also Registration will be closing September 29th.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 02:40:17 am by 4Sword »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 12:18:02 am »
  • Ancient Admin / Gaurdian
Just a reminder, the convention is starting tomorrow!
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 01:54:53 am »
Another reminder. If you require more information about #NCFC or wish to hang out with a few NCFC members, check out their chatroom on the Windfyre Network (irc.windfyre.net) #NCFC. If you lack an IRC client use http://ncfc.taloncrossing.com/chat.htm.

(It's the same network that #ZFGC is located on.)
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 02:10:59 am »
Closing Remarks and Awards are about to take place.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 47 queries.