Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mask of the Gods  (Read 28090 times)

Re: Mask of the Gods
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2011, 01:39:53 am »

To the coach, you could adapt the wagon  of wood train that I did.
 I think that fits better than using the tile of the wooden house. Your tile is too large.
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2011, 03:11:24 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Thanks Leduardo, that's a good idea. The horse cart tiles were never supposed to be too permanent, I just whipped them up right quick so the game could be played. They were also kind of a test, figuring out how to work with a character sprite that large, because rpg maker can use these large sprites, but they still only occupy one tile.

I have some undetermined amount of free time this weekend, perhaps I'll get a better horse cart with animation done. Thanks for all the help and suggestions, guys.
Mask of the Gods - New Screens
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2011, 04:10:59 am »
  • It's just Max.
So, I moved the making this game computer into my room and started to make progress again!

Ikana city is now complete, at least, as far as you can go with the amount of plot that's going on, plus some that is inaccessible. There are some parts that aren't done yet, but that's because they're relevant to side quests that can't be done without leaving the city (which you can't do for now), or to the plot later. But as far as exploring Ikana in the upcoming demo (thinking it'll be for NCFC, just for kicks), it's done.

The demo still needs to be tested, so if anybody is interested, let me know. Getting my friends to test it is... difficult. They've all got real lives and don't want to spend an hour or so playing a zelda fangame, with the exception of my girlfriend, who tried to buy hearts from the store to give to girls walking around the street... She was mostly just upset with the game for that reason, so not too much help there : ) ...

So, screenshots of what's new:

Ikana has been populated! There's a whole bunch of people. A bunch of them are on schedules where a number 1-3 is picked randomly, and they go about that day's business. Some NPCs, those to do with side quests, change when various objectives have been completed, and the rest do different things depending on how far the game's plot has advanced.

The Spring Caverns have been constructed. Tunnels carved by age-old underground rivers connect Ikana and Snowhead, and are the source of the Ikana River. There is a side quest in there now that you can't complete until you have access to Snowhead and the Goron Village.

Shooting Gallery Mini-Game. Bows and Arrows are too boring. We've moved on to a rail cannon.

Ghost shop. Most subject to change, because I don't think I really like the layout...

So, suggestions or anything? Also, if you're interested in testing, drop me a line somehow.
Thanks guys!

TDWP FTW

Forstride Productions
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2011, 05:57:56 am »
  • Forstride Productions
Ooo...The new screenshots look neat.  Makes me want to go and add dynamic NPCs into my game (I mean, I plan on it, but like right this second.  XD).

Now uh, the water tiling in the second screenshot is messed up, but I'm sure you know that.  I might be interested in testing, not sure.  I've been busy with my own game, and trying out other games usually wrecks my train of thought.  :P
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 01:23:26 am »
  • It's just Max.
Hey guys, I entered NCFC!
But don't vote for me, vote for Martijn!
Anyway, I don't think this link will for for a couple hours, until NCFC starts, probably, but here's my booth:
http://www.nintendocfc.com/booth.html?id=23

Hope to see some of you guys at the event. There's no new screenshots for now, but I did make this little banner that's in my signature at the moment. It links back here, I believe.

Also, when the NCFC thing starts, the newest download of my demo (in my arbitrary system is demo 1.65, haha) will be available there. I'll get a link to it up here pretty soon too.

Homegrown, or uh, whatever your name stands for now, yeah, I do know about the water, I just.... don't know how to change it. I've been doing pretty good for graphics, but I made the water tiles animate myself, and I'm just not clever / having enough time to fix them up. If you ever seen any minish cap animated water autotiles, let me know, haha. They work on a system where it's a 3x3 grid, where the middle tile is the one that takes up the majority of the body of water, and the corners are made with the side tiles... this means that a upper left protruding corner of land will necessitate a bottom left inside corner of water cattycorner to the upper left of it. A bit confusing, but see the problem? Whether the corner of water is cornered on the two sides with land, or on the two sides with water, it still uses the two sides with land tile... I don't really know how to explain this very well...
Mask of the Gods - demo update
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2011, 04:18:48 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Hey, quick update. As I mentioned, with NCFC I put up the newest demo. As far as I've been able to find, it's bug free, and every part you should be able to access is complete. There's a lot to do in Ikana City, but that's all skip-able if you just want to get on with the plot.

Demo link is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ry08zk0ufyyi78p

What's going on with the game at the moment is the Deku Swamp. Most of the maps are done, with the exception being in interiors of the Deku Village and the Witches' house. The main obstacle here is spriting for now, I've gotta whip up lots of customs for this area. I've already done some basic tree things, because the Dekus live in trees in this game... I'm not entirely sure how I feel about their ability to climb, considering... they have no arms? But I think it looks pretty good, and is a nice change. I also need to sprite some Deku furniture and stuff, as well as all the stuff in the Witches' house. And the Twinrova sisters themselves... And the monkeys... and their banana tree... I've already gotten a start on this mossy tree:

And then I can map the Woods of Mystery, which I'm excited about! I may also give it a less cliche name! It's gonna be a lot like the Lost Woods of OOT, in the it has a definite layout and some unique areas, but lots of tunnels that will take you back to the start. Home to lots of side quests!

But yeah, you can look forward to lots of Deku Swamp stuff coming up.
Mask of the Gods Artwork: Kafei and Igos
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2011, 06:00:40 am »
  • It's just Max.
Damn, college made me busy.

Anyway, I decided this game isn't dead, it was just in a coma and it's out, at least over winter break. Which is to say, not too much was done recently, but today and yesterday I went through and made some updates:

Redid world terminus dungeon
Changed milk bar scene (shorter)
Messed with enemies, improved them, centralized damage taking, etc
Extended battling Garo shells in the castle
Fixed up Kafei infiltrating the stone tower a bunch (less frustrating)

Also, and the main reason for this update:
I drew a picture.

It's the protagonists, Kafei and Igos, in the first dungeons, with bosses behind them. The lantern was changed to ember seeds, but I felt like a lantern would look better in this piece, so...

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 05:19:11 am »
  • It's just Max.
Minor updates since winter break has started. I spend the first two days off throwing up and then recovering, in that order, so, no work done then... Today's progress:
Added animations for Igos hammer and sword attacks
Built Deku village area
Sprited Deku King
Reworked the area of Ikana castle where you defend it from the Garo shells
Fixed up Garo enemy a bit
Changed up the scene of Kafei and Igos splitting up

Also, I have a stand up bass for the moment, so that will slightly hamper progress. In a good way, though, because I'll actually be learning something useful with my life, haha. Already figured out the main part of the pink panther theme, the most important song on standup bass, and started working on cannon in D with a bow. No real idea how to use a bow, so it'll take some work....

I took a couple screenshots of the progress today, but am at a loss as to uploading them to the Internet. I thought I could take the screenshot on the computer, transfer it to my iPad, and then Internet it, but it wouldn't transfer, so I dunno. I may just do more art like in the above post. Maybe I'll make a topic for the art I do for this project in the art forum until I can take screenshots again...
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2011, 06:30:42 am »
  • It's just Max.
Alright, screaming fans  :P
Haha, but I did some significant progress this weekend, including finishing the Deku Swamp (minus the Deku Village, I don't know enough about it yet) and that part of the game all the way up to the first dungeon, which I'll probably start on tomorrow.
Progress is weird, because I'm missing the laptop I use for making this game, so I put it all on a flash drive and fight over "shared" PC time. But this means that I'm using a much faster computer, so... ups and downs.

I did take a few screenshots, since I'm on a computer with internet now:

So, official dungeon one is up next, along with getting acquainted with the Deku tribe, figuring out who they are, what they're about, how they fit into the plot and theme. What the theme of the game really is. Big existential questions like that, haha.

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2011, 01:00:51 pm »
Dude, I think we all did significant progress this weekend XD
I've seen the screens (very good work btw) and there's just one thing that... ummm bothers me and it's the textbox haha.
I thing it could be less rpgmaker maybe.

And that, well very good job sir with the screens and the news tilesets.
Greetings!!
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2011, 11:34:35 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Thanks, Donokron : )
Hmm, yeah, the text boxes. I'm looking into that, I think I'll get a new border style up within the next few days, although, we're you referring to the font itself? Although it's a pretty generic Helvetica, it's bothered me how it doesn't really go, too. I've tried to change the font to something more Zelda style, but so far, I've been unsuccessful...

Also, a bit ago, I did some more artwork of one of the characters.
It does kinda give big hints about the plot, though, so I'm gonna try out spoiler tags:
Show content

Also, I did the majority of the first dungeon today. I've still got a little bit of spriting and testing cut out for me, as well as creating the boss, which is a big tree creature that attacks by growing damaging flowers, but they will stun the monster if you burn them before they've fully grown.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2011, 01:12:43 am »
Hmm, yeah, the text boxes. I'm looking into that, I think I'll get a new border style up within the next few days, although, we're you referring to the font itself? Although it's a pretty generic Helvetica, it's bothered me how it doesn't really go, too. I've tried to change the font to something more Zelda style, but so far, I've been unsuccessful...

It does kinda give big hints about the plot, though, so I'm gonna try out spoiler tags:
Show content

Also, I did the majority of the first dungeon today. I've still got a little bit of spriting and testing cut out for me, as well as creating the boss, which is a big tree creature that attacks by growing damaging flowers, but they will stun the monster if you burn them before they've fully grown.

Im actually very impressed with the artwork. Well done man!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2011, 05:50:38 am »

Show content

The Spoiler Tags do not work, friend.
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2011, 11:57:28 pm »
About the text box... make it completly transparent, so it does not appear, this way you will have only the letters appearing (hopefully with the small flashing box at the bottem)

So once you have this,
You create a picture of a textbox, this allows you to make the design really complicated if you would like to, etc.

Then before the "display message" command, you create a "show picture" comand, you possition it directly under the text. After the message ends, you have a nother comand "delete/hide picture'; which would delete that textbox from view :P

zeldahuman

*Master Shortpants*
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2012, 11:29:37 pm »
I played the demo, and it was wonderful!! Also, I've been looking at the screenshots and such you've posted through-out this topic, and I only have a few small little complaints...

1.) When I first started playing, it took me a minute to realize Garo had a robe-like thing on. In one of your screenshots, it literally looks like Garo is holding an over-sized pot. I think you can fix this by picking a different color for the outline of his robe so it blends as one picture. You know what I mean? Here, look at this example if you're got getting what I'm saying.

2.) Why are you mixing Minish Cap and A Link to the Past tilesets? I mean, you make it work, but I'm curious as to how you came upon the decision to mix the two.

That's all I really had to say...
  • The Hidden Forest
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 04:36:21 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Wow, thanks for playing! Quite honestly, I don't ever expect people to play this, so I'm floored, in a good way. Thanks!

About the outline of his robe, I can easily change the outline color, but I don't understand what you mean by the frying pan, haha. Since I already know what's supposed to be going on, that's all I see. I tried to look at your link, but it isn't working.... :/
Anyway, I've added 'update Garo sprite' to my list. Although there's been like zero activity on this game in a while on here, I have occasionally been working on it, actually.

About the slow slow progress, I've only been able to work on this sparsely recently. My USB got a virus from my girlfriends laptop, and she didn't think it was a big deal but the thing went through and deleted the program I use to make this game. Deleted everything on the USB, in fact. Since the laptop can't do Internet, I haven't had a way to download RPG maker again, so I can't do much work unless I take the game to somebody else's PC. Thus.... Slow progress.

As for the graphics, I like minish cap LOTS better, personally, so I default to that style. However, no minish cap tile sets have the elements I need for clock town, and when I started this game, I didnt really know how to sprite. So since ALTTP had the graphics I needed to make clock town, I brought those in when necessary.
I know lots of people are terribly opposed to this practice, but I don't think it's too bad. I mean, sometimes certain tiles clash, but lots don't, so if you edit the colours and choose carefully, they can fit together fine and you can use what tiles ou need.

zeldahuman

*Master Shortpants*
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2012, 08:30:30 pm »
Here's an updated link (I don't friggin' know what happened to the first one, haha):

CLICK

Do you see how I took the black outline of his robe and made it a darker brown color? It makes the sprite flow a little better. :)

Also, I don't know if it's just mine, but once you finish the demo and you have the place where you can test the weapons of the game, Kafei, when he lands form his jump, disappears and then reappears. Is it because it's switching sprites?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:38:11 pm by zeldahuman »
  • The Hidden Forest
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2012, 09:34:38 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Aha, I see what you mean. Yeah, that improves it a lot. I'll go make those changes ASAP. Of course, soon as possible, it'd be impossible for me to do that without first watching the Dark Knight, because I really want to do that. Haha : D

I think the jumping thing shouldn't be doing that anymore, but I'll look into that too. Out of curiosity, because I forget, how far does the most recent demo go? Does it go all that way to where Kafei and Igos split up, or further, or not as far?
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2012, 05:16:23 am »
  • It's just Max.
I looked into the jumping. It's fine at this point, at least on my computer, he doesn't disappear at any point anymore. I guess I fixed it at some point?

Also, I went and fixed up Garo's sprite, as well as made some architectural addendum:

Fancy bay windows with cool roofs. No real purpose, I just wanted to...

zeldahuman

*Master Shortpants*
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2012, 07:00:27 pm »
The current demo stops when Igos and Kafei split up. Kafei goes into the boat, leaves, and then you get to screw around with the controls and weapons.
  • The Hidden Forest
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 77 queries.

anything