Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I was wondering why there isn't any forums to just take about zelda games?  (Read 3235 times)

mab246801234

I was wondering why there isn't any forums to ju...
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:46:03 pm »
I was wondering why there isn't any forums to just to talk about zelda games?  You don't really need a topic for every zelda game but at least a forum to talk about any Zelda game in.  This is a zelda fan site so I think it should have at least one forum set aside to talk about all the different Zelda games.  And not just a General Gaming Forum to talk about just about everything under the sun that may or may not have to do with Zelda games.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 09:48:30 pm by mab246801234 »

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
Re: I was wondering why there isn't any forums t...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:50:50 pm »
  • Things to see and people to do.
We had one a long time ago. I don't quite remember what happened to it, though.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:53:34 pm »
We had one a long time ago. I don't quite remember what happened to it, though.
Lack of original discussion I think.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:54:02 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
LOL and this isn't the place.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

mab246801234

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 10:04:45 pm »
I posted this topic originally under the GFDSDK forum and it got moved here.  It was supposed to be a suggestion and it says next to the forum, "If you have any suggestions to post them here.  But If nobody is talking about the Zelda games in the forum that was here I guess there's not anything anyone can do about that.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 10:07:38 pm »
I posted this topic originally under the GFDSDK forum and it got moved here.  It was supposed to be a suggestion and it says next to the forum, "If you have any suggestions to post them here.  But If nobody is talking about the Zelda games in the forum that was here I guess there's not anything anyone can do about that.

The ZFSDK is the forums development kit. Or discussion there of. This topic isn't about it. Plus theres been a !@#$% up on my part of the moving of this topic as it doesn't even belong here...

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 10:10:54 pm »
  • The Mike
Shouldn't this topic be in the Feedback forum? Anyway, there should be a forum even though there is no discussion. You never know but yet, I asked the same question before and it never happened.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 10:38:22 pm »
Simply put; Lack of use. In fact the whole zelda aspect of this site is incredibly pointless as nobody really give a toss about it, hence the lack of discussion. Unfortunatly any attempt to change this usually annoys a lot of the userbase.
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 12:32:38 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Simply put; Lack of use. In fact the whole zelda aspect of this site is incredibly pointless as nobody really give a toss about it, hence the lack of discussion. Unfortunatly any attempt to change this usually annoys a lot of the userbase.
Kind of getting your facts mixed up. Nobody cares about the Zelda aspect, yet it annoys the userbase when we get rid of it?

I think that it's a good idea, but probably not applicable to ZFGC as it is now. Maybe one day down the road, if the site ever grows. (lol, right)
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 01:59:15 pm »
Kind of getting your facts mixed up. Nobody cares about the Zelda aspect, yet it annoys the userbase when we get rid of it?
Yup thats about right, the hypocritical nature of zfgc's userbase, despite the fact that something is useless they won't accept change >.<.
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 04:40:44 am »
Yeah... I would get annoyed by the name change. Even though I think we should focus less on Zelda and fan games. But I want to keep the name ZFGC for more historical purposes. I have been at ZFGC since I was 8 and it was EZBoard. Five years of ZFGC, it seems wrong to change the name.
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 05:26:17 am »
Gamers Advanced was !@#$% awesome, too bad the staff pussied out on it.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 05:33:44 am »
I wouldn't describe this site as a Zelda Fan site, we're mostly focused on creativity sparked from using Zelda as a base. I think that's more fitting.

It would have failed, trust me on that. Plus we got better E3 coverage..
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 05:35:56 am »
I wouldn't describe this site as a Zelda Fan site, we're mostly focused on creativity sparked from using Zelda as a base. I think that's more fitting.

you're wrong
  • Google Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 05:47:50 am »

you're wrong

At least I don't post for personal amusement.

How the !@#$% can I be wrong about a project I was involved with, a project I assisted with the development and management of, a project I understand and see the faults in, after having managed a much more successful website that occurred there after. (which also failed due to lack of staff support).

Please, do not tell me what I am wrong about when I have far more information about something than you do.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 05:49:43 am »
What happened with Gamers Advanced is comparable to a squirrel trying to be a squid; with the squirrel ultimately failing because it is better at being itself and just because it could observe the squid's niche does not mean it could emulate it.  At least from my observations, what brings people here besides others that are already here is illustrated in this progressive categorical line - Nintendo -> Zelda -> Fan Games -> Programming.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 05:50:46 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

you're wrong

At least I don't post for personal amusement.

How the !@#$% can I be wrong about a project I was involved with, a project I assisted with the development and management of, a project I understand and see the faults in, after having managed a much more successful website that occurred there after. (which also failed due to lack of staff support).

Please, do not tell me what I am wrong about when I have far more information about something than you do.

^this, and stop trolling <_<;;
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 05:56:12 am »
What happened with Gamers Advanced is comparable to a squirrel trying to be a squid; with the squirrel ultimately failing because it is better at being itself and just because it could observe the squid's niche does not mean it could emulate it.  At least from my observations, what brings people here besides others that are already here is illustrated in this progressive categorical line - Nintendo -> Zelda -> Fan Games -> Programming.

Well said, except the awesome part about squids is when they change colors..

With that said, depending on how ZFGC reforms itself over the next few months will be how we'll manage the boards over the next few months. I consider our main focus to be game development, rather than zelda itself, zelda is just the influential part of what we do here.

GA itself was a wonderful idea and had a very good chance at being successful from the administration view point, however here is what we did wrong. We took a community that was focused around Zelda Game Development and pushed it into a general game website, there's very little logic in it and our goal and intentions of it was taking a gob of users with us, so we'd have some form of base under it. The reason for merging with DSR was to find a bunch of users that would at least appeal to the Zelda aspect, via the Nintendo link, it was really our only route, other than bring ZFGC back, which eventually happened after ZFGC-X and all of that crap. It's very easy to get burnt out on managing a website, specifically if it's not going the way you want it to.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 74 queries.