Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A genuine request regarding Twilight Princess spoilers  (Read 1465 times)

A genuine request regarding Twilight Princess sp...
« on: October 31, 2006, 06:20:28 pm »
So Twilight Princess is (finally!) nearly upon us. People in the industry have played it, strategy guides have been printed and magazines are running their launch features. A lot of new information is going to be made available in the remaining couple of weeks before its US release, which means - for those of us who want to experience the game without knowing everything of what to expect - SPOILERS.

I want to make a serious request for people to be aware of what they post, and that some people might not want to hear it just yet.

So I guess I'm proposing an clearly labelled TP discussion thread where any and all spoilerrific talk should go, and possibly a message in the Important Info directing people there. What I don't want to stumble across are topics titles like "OMG!!!!!!!! DID YOU KNOW TETRA IS ZELDA!!!!!!!!" which, in an instant, ruins a part of the story for those who didn't want to know. Apologies for those of you who've not played Wind Waker yet, but now you see my point.  :P

Obviously, the alternative is to stay away until, for those of us in Europe at least, 8th December, which I would rather not have to do...

What do you guys think? I hope you don't think I'm being a hard on about this, but I just want to enjoy the game with the surprises intact! And I know not everybody here is even interested in TP, but if you could honour this request it would be really cool. Cheers.  ;D
Re: A genuine request regarding Twilight Princes...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 06:28:09 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
I could not agree with you more.

I absolutely hate when that happens like it did with me one time visiting Gamefaqs after someone pirated Halo 2 before it was even released.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 09:43:20 pm »
I am also one of those who doesn't want any spoilers, at all. There will be people playing through the whole game on release day, or finishing it the day after, proceeding with posting spoilers all over the internet.

When I had been to buy Harry Potter 6 (latest book, I bought it a month after release), and sat down to read it, my brother came in to say:
You know, Snape kills Dumbledore!

You could imagine how disappointed I was. He just revealed the whole plot of the book...

I truly hope this won't happen again, neither from my brother, nor any forums. There really should be a rule added that you need to warn severly before you post any spoiler on the forums. Or something...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 10:53:56 am by Soulrivers »
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 10:13:36 pm »
I strongly agree.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 10:19:56 pm »
  • .越//
this post wont stop people to post spoiler...

so...

just dont look in a thread with "twilight princess" in it

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 10:21:39 pm »
There should actually come a tempory rule for not spoiling things from Twilight Princess.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 03:01:53 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
yah i agree, my brother is notorious for ruining things.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 03:08:46 am »
Thank you KM, it seems people listend to you. :P I've been sayin this since last september.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 12:15:08 pm »
fair request...

link gets pregnant in TP btw.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 12:21:01 pm »
  • hungry..
fair request...

link gets pregnant in TP btw.
Arrrgh you !@#$%!! :(

I didn't want to know!?

It annoys me enough that America gets the game a month before me, but running commentaries on the game as they're playing just really !@#$% me off lol :P
  • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 02:22:43 pm »
If people are behind this can we take some action please? A thread about new footage - containing what some could view as spoilers - has been started today...

As I suggested previously, a single thread, stickied, where ALL Twilight Princess-related discussion should take place would be preferable. Could a mod comment on this, please? Or even make it happen? :) Cheers.
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 02:31:38 pm »
Tetra is Zelda?

WTF!
You just ruined Wind Waker for me!
Thanks a lot!

* Kleaver throws controller out the window in rage.

...Anyway, Couldn't we make one topic and tell people to mark their spoilers by coloring them in blue or something. I do not remember if we have a spoilertag to make the text invisable on all board themes. By I have the idea that everyone uses blue anyway.
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 02:40:10 pm »
...Anyway, Couldn't we make one topic and tell people to mark their spoilers by coloring them in blue or something. I do not remember if we have a spoilertag to make the text invisable on all board themes. By I have the idea that everyone uses blue anyway.
We needn't do all that. Just a single sticky thread for all TP-related posts, where those who don't want spoilers can avoid.
Personally, all I'm really concerned about is thoughtless posts in other topics.
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 03:01:47 pm »
Okay, I'll make it and look out for spoilers.

I made it, but then erased it. I did not see that much spoiler posts in other topics. Maybe I should just make a sticky to mark all spoilers for Twilight Princess or Phantom Hourglass. I think that would work best.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 03:09:14 pm by Kleaver »
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 03:26:49 pm »
Thanks, Kleaver. I'll be avoiding the Zelda Talk board anyway.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 64 queries.

anything