Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 387396 times)

Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer ...
« Reply #580 on: December 10, 2007, 10:43:49 am »
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 05:40:46 am by .TakaM »

sunshine92

« Reply #581 on: December 10, 2007, 03:58:33 pm »
ok. whoa. this game is awesome, and to think, a fan made a near-nintendo-quality zelda game. i think its amazing, dude, i mean, graphics, dialogue, story, it all fits. if you would like any help with this project, let me know, okay? it would be a great honor to help out with something like this. if you need some dialogue or concept or just get stuck, e-mail me and we can collaborate. bellamy67211@yahoo.com

and again, congrats!  XD
« Reply #582 on: December 10, 2007, 09:09:51 pm »
haha i love how tight the zelda community is! everyone wants to hep everyone. its great
makes me kinda emotional :'(
heh

anyways. something i noticed in the trailer, link seems to throw quite a long distance... i havent played a 2d zelda in a while, but it seems like quite a long distance for it. just wondering if thats something you'll change, or if thats the way its supposed to be.
« Reply #583 on: December 11, 2007, 12:58:43 am »
Update time. :P First of all, I've uploaded a fine-tuned version of the last demo, now christened the NCFC Demo, since that is now only a week off.
Get it here if you want it. It's just the same as the last but with a couple of niggling things removed - in particular that whole stopping-dead-when-changing-rooms thing, but most obviously I've shaved quite a lot off the filesize by compressing the WAVs and it's now a more acceptable 4MB. Also, I toyed with diagonal rolling but I pulled it out. It doesn't look right at the moment and I need to work out why...

There is also something those of you who are having slowdown issues might want to try... The / and * keys on the keypad now switch between a 'frameskip' mode, where the screen draw rate adjusts itself if the room speed drops. To counteract it the room *should* remain at 60fps - it just won't refresh that many frames per second. Try it. I dunno, you'll probably just jerk all over the map and it'll be totally unplayable, but it might keep things constant for at least one of you...! :P

Anyway, the real reason for today's update is to give you a first glimpse of Noon, the Sheikah shaman who created the Shadowgazer and originally defeated the Maren long ago. More of his backstory will be revealed in time but he's basically your guide and mentor through the game, and even though his physical body died long ago, his consciousness is doomed to walk the nightmare realm forever, though he can contact Link in the waking world via the Shadowgazer.

Designing him has been probably the hardest thing I've done so far in this project. It was important to get him right since he's such a key character and presence, and I must have done literally dozens and dozens of concept sketches before even getting close to this. That might be a story for another update, but I'm posting it now since he's going to be revealed in some art for my NCFC booth next week anyway.

The idea came from throwing everything I'd come up with so far away and taking a second look at Sheik from OOT. The skin tight costume... Pretty fruity. S & M, almost? :P So I began brainstorming from this point. So he's been a prisoner in the nightmare realm for an eternity with nothing for company but mankind's darkest thoughts... That would send a man pretty crazy, and he'd probably act a little creepy, so it came to me that I should make him jester-like, with long floppy sleeves reminiscent of a straitjacket, but also with some *ahem* bondage gimp overtones. What you see above is very much a toned-down version of that idea. Toned down partly to fit in with the WW style the game uses, but also toned down cause some of it was pretty out there... Yeah, I think I'll save some of those sketches for a rainy day. XD

Thoughts? Like him? I finally do, and I began spriting him a couple of days ago - as you might be able to see from my PI.

Anyway...
well I tested the demo again (and with my slow comp took around 15 mins to get to octoroks) and no, link wasn't flashing when i rolled through it. same deal with the pellets. and I didn't test this, but if you swing your sword at the pellets, does it destroy them or whack them back or hurt you? cause on wind waker you can knock them back by swinging your sword too.
Can't reproduce that I'm afraid. I can walk through the octos when flashing, which I knew about and need to look at, but roll, no. I bounce off every time, and in every scenario. Sorry.

Cheers,

KM
Behold my sprited version of Noon (from the waist down)
It was just too good to wait for a sprite to be made so I made my own.
Link: "Who put the ape in Apricot? What've they got that I ain't got?
Ganon: "Courage?"

CoFounder of:
« Reply #584 on: December 11, 2007, 01:17:58 am »
hahaha you're awesome. :D
though its not really MC style  :P
« Reply #585 on: December 11, 2007, 01:19:02 am »
what do you mean not MC Style :huh:

CoFounder of:
« Reply #586 on: December 11, 2007, 02:12:54 am »
it doesnt look so much like it would fit in with the Minish cap sprites XD
though i know its intention wasn't that haha

on third glance it does kinda suit. maybe it confused me because of its 'never before seen-ness'
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:18:31 am by cshawns »
« Reply #587 on: December 11, 2007, 02:17:16 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
Well, Noon is already sprited, his face was finished Two months ago. :P

The face of it is from KM's PI.
The body should be more minish-cap like, have a look at some of the guards from MC, or maybe just some of the screenshots. ;)
« Reply #588 on: December 11, 2007, 05:58:32 am »
that's where he got the face.

and he said from the waist down anyway.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #589 on: December 11, 2007, 12:17:48 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
@LegacyofTheOracles: Yours looks to fat to be noon. XD
« Reply #590 on: December 11, 2007, 07:44:59 pm »
MC style as far as I can gather is supposed to be chibi

CoFounder of:

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #591 on: December 11, 2007, 08:51:22 pm »
  • .越//

chibi~~!

yes it is supposed to ^^ ( and i cant help myself thinking of "dude wheres my car" right now ^^ )

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #592 on: December 12, 2007, 02:13:19 am »
I know what you mean... I think :huh:
« Reply #593 on: December 17, 2007, 08:56:14 am »
I know what you mean... I think :huh:
You don't have the slightest clue, do you?

CoFounder of:

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #594 on: December 17, 2007, 09:34:16 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I understand if you two (Subrosian and LotO) are siblings or something living in the same house, but please refrain from having your own sub-conversation banter in threads when you can more than likely turn around and discuss whats on your mind o.0 it kinda hijacks the thread a bit from the original poster

Thank you :D

TwilightMystics

« Reply #595 on: December 31, 2007, 09:24:31 pm »
Hello there, I'm new to this site but I've followed it recently here and I really am looking forward to this project. To be more
specific I would like to cooperate in developing this game. I have to say I'm totally new at making games myself, I am an artist, I draw 3D and real looking characters, also I draw a sort of selfmade cartoon style. Drawing on the computer is still hard to do (though I'm practising with Corel Draw 12, and I have a tablet and I do not have a scanner yet :( ), another speciality of me is making boxarts.

You know the covers of games and dvd's etc. You can see my page over here: http://www.vgboxart.com/author/twilightmystics/
But now I'm drawing Link for this game (if you don't mind) and remodeled Noon, I'm curious though what the Marens are going to look like?
But please answer to my question if you would like help with art (your artwork looks sweet anyways) and maybe promoting?

mingomgap

« Reply #596 on: January 02, 2008, 07:02:52 pm »
I too want to help you have less work
Whether we want to make a version
In Spanish, meaning that the game asked for the language and the player chooses to your liking
By doubts you notice that I have the game maker 6 pro XD
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 07:14:19 pm by mingomgap »

Neat Username

« Reply #597 on: January 02, 2008, 08:36:18 pm »
I'm also new here, but I'm not going to offer you help (I'd probably hurt the game more than improve it).  I just wanted to say that you're doing a great job; I look forward to seeing how this game turns out.

Also, you might want to apply for a job at Nintendo.
« Reply #598 on: January 06, 2008, 01:39:04 pm »
Thank you for the numerous offers of help - interest is always appreciated - but I'll be working alone on this project.

I want to work through this at my own pace, however slow that may be at times. For example, I've not even looked at the game for weeks now, everything's in my head, and work probably won't start again for another week... At times like that I really don't want to have to answer to anyone's expectations but my own. I hope you understand.

That said, it's possible I may need the services of a composer (or composers) at some point down the line, but I don't think that will be for a very long time.

As far as how the project is going at the moment, like I said, I've had a bit of a break but I know from where I'll be starting again so I'll make it the basis of the next update, which I guess will be at the end of this month.

Edit:
I'm curious though what the Marens are going to look like?
This is a old sketch of the final concept:

More details here. I haven't finalised the colours yet, but I have begun spriting them. They've sort of grown in stature too, and have gone from being slightly taller than a human to boss-sized. More about their evolution at a later date... ;)

Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 06:36:46 pm by King Mob »
« Reply #599 on: January 06, 2008, 10:56:22 pm »
That said, it's possible I may need the services of a composer (or composers) at some point down the line, but I don't think that will be for a very long time.
interesting... I would like to do it, it just depends on how busy I am.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 75 queries.