Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386388 times)

Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer ...
« Reply #700 on: May 15, 2008, 08:28:47 pm »
Haven't played the demo in a while, so I decided to replay it.

One thing that irked me was that it was really hard to hit octoroks with thrown rocks - I think that you should make the collision box slightly bigger for rocks that are thrown, just so it's easier to hit stuff.

As usual, I await the next demo with deep intent. Your game really is becoming a "sine qua non" of ZFGC.
« Reply #701 on: May 29, 2008, 05:20:23 pm »
*bump*

i came across the demo among all the crap on my desktop. so i played it. i was reminded of how good this is. i'm stoked for the next update. keep goin KM.
« Reply #702 on: May 29, 2008, 08:58:53 pm »
Actually, I think it might be better not to post until he updates, as it will give other people on this board a chance to showcase their games.

I'm sure his demo will be out soon.
« Reply #703 on: May 31, 2008, 01:57:01 am »
This is hot stuff. <3

audioworm333

« Reply #704 on: May 31, 2008, 06:20:43 pm »
awesome! i just signed up today.. i also played your demo(not z3, couldn't download..  :'() and its awesome! cant wait for u to finish the game, or atleast add lake hyilia..  ;)

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #705 on: May 31, 2008, 06:24:12 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Actually, I think it might be better not to post until he updates, as it will give other people on this board a chance to showcase their games.

THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums

audioworm333

« Reply #706 on: May 31, 2008, 08:35:54 pm »
hey man everytime i goto download the z3 game it dont show the download button!  :'( can you just post the download button plz?

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #707 on: May 31, 2008, 10:25:33 pm »
  • Silly cat!

... Are those supposed to be flames in the doorway? If so, that doesn't really make logical sense :P.

Hoffy.
« Reply #708 on: May 31, 2008, 10:52:49 pm »

... Are those supposed to be flames in the doorway? If so, that doesn't really make logical sense :P.

Why doesn't it make sense?

I think it's supposed to be like spikes in front of/in the doorway, except it's just flames.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #709 on: May 31, 2008, 11:57:54 pm »
If you've played four swords (not adventures) you'd know they're actually in the game.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #710 on: June 01, 2008, 03:17:06 am »
  • Pichuscute

« Reply #711 on: June 01, 2008, 10:21:32 am »
awesome! i just signed up today.. i also played your demo(not z3, couldn't download..  :'() and its awesome! cant wait for u to finish the game, or atleast add lake hyilia..  ;)
hey man everytime i goto download the z3 game it dont show the download button!  :'( can you just post the download button plz?
Still works for me, but here's a link anyway.

BTW, the NCFC demo superseded the z3 demo - it's the same but with a few little tweaks, so you might be getting confused and thinking they're 2 different demos. They're not. :P

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #712 on: June 01, 2008, 12:31:04 pm »
Hey king mob, any progress?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #713 on: June 01, 2008, 09:13:56 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Hey king mob, any progress?
Let's let King Mob make the updates when he feels like it. We don't want to keep bumping this one. Or...as Scooternew put it:

Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #714 on: June 02, 2008, 08:34:24 am »
  • Silly cat!

Why doesn't it make sense?

I think it's supposed to be like spikes in front of/in the doorway, except it's just flames.
Think about it. If Link is standing upright next to the flames, and the flames are lit in an oblique direction, it'll look odd because fire usually burns upwards due to hot air rising and all that. Of course, it might just be the flames being "blown" in that direction.

If you've played four swords (not adventures) you'd know they're actually in the game.
Oh, well, I have played Four Swords once or twice, and obviously I forgot about that graphical feature :P.

Hoffy.
« Reply #715 on: June 02, 2008, 09:35:22 am »
the flames are merely going with the perspective of the doors/walls, hof.
It's the best solution really
« Reply #716 on: June 03, 2008, 01:50:40 pm »
I've finally finished the segment I've been working on - the Maren boss battle - so I guess it's update time. XD

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abl6ANbYZok" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abl6ANbYZok</a>
Download (640 x 480)

I first introduced the Maren over a year ago, but they weren't a fully-formed concept. Since then I've pretty much nailed it down and begun to put them in the game. My original intention was that whenever you were in the nightmare realm and you 'solved' a person's particular nightmare, the Maren responsible would be revealed right there and then, and you'd have to fight it wherever you happened to be. I quite liked the simplicity of that but I was worried they'd just be like glorified Poes and I really wanted them to be more intimidating. But if I made them any bigger it might be problematic if, say, the room was quite small or there was a lot of obstacles in it, and if I made them any tougher than the Poes in OOT or TP they'd be more like mini-bosses and having to kill them over and over would just become a chore...

So I came up with the idea of having one Maren per area (using the example of the places you've seen in the last demo, there would be one Maren plaguing Castle Town, one for Kakariko Village, one for Lon Lon ranch, and maybe one for whichever ship happened to be in port) and that Maren would be responsible for all the bad dreams in its vicinity.

Once you've helped all the inhabitants of a particular area and the parasitic Maren no longer has any hosts, a portal opens up that goes right to the heart of the nightmare (basically its lair - once a binding circle where Noon imprisoned it all those centuries ago) where you have to kill the weakened Maren once and for all. It would be more like a mini-boss battle, but obviously there would be far fewer of them, and I might contrive some !@#$% about them all sharing a kind of hive mind and learning from your previous battles, adjusting their attacks according to your expanding arsenal - just to keep you on your toes! :P

A slain Maren drops the Nightmare Locket it wears round its neck. These lockets contain the tortured soul of the Maren, and can be taken to Noon for him to 'exorcise' (since the Maren were not always evil ;)) essentially turning a bad dream into a good one, and releasing it into the world again. That's the final stage of cleansing an area of nightmares.

I'm posting a video now that I'm (for the most part) satisfied with the animation. As I've said before I've been trying to get it to 'swim' around in the air in short, fluid bursts like a squid, with the pointed edges of its cloak flexing like tentacles, and as you can see it's virtually there now. Since the majority of the sprite is flat black I really have no excuse not to make the animation as good as I can. :P And the 'ink' it squirts fills Link's head with nightmares and temporarily disorientates him. What that means for the player is the controls are reversed - which is why you'll see me stumbling all over the place at certain points!

Other things you may notice from the new video are the small changes and tweaks I've been making to the engine. Diagonal rolling has been introduced; walking speed has been increased (for the last time :P); Link now flashes red when hurt; you can throw the boomerang diagonally now, and also charge it to release a whirlwind and blow things away; stuff like that. There's other stuff I've done based on suggestions, like increase the size of the triggers for picking up objects, but nothing particularly evident from the video.

Hope you enjoy.

KM
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 07:58:07 am by King Mob »
« Reply #717 on: June 03, 2008, 01:56:40 pm »
Very, very nice King Mob. That really is on par with professionally designed games. Good job.
« Reply #718 on: June 03, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »
This is absolutely beautiful. I'm speechless.

A few things I want to comment on.

I noticed that there seemed to be no sound when each "tentacle" came out of the ground. That seemed kind unfitting. Also, when Link swings his sword and attacks the Maren, the same four "hi-yahs" play in the exact same order, which might get slightly annoying. They are supposed to be more random.

Other than that, I think you're just missing some sound effects, but all the tiny additions - diagonal rolling, charging the boomerang, etc. - make this game great.

Oh, yeah, the graphics are Nintendo quality. Don't know how you do it.

Is the entire battle fought the same way? And where is the music in the background from? One more thing - are all these Maren battles going to be essentially the same, are they going to be different, more challenging later on, requiring different items, etc.?

Also, any idea when your next demo will come out? We anxiously await it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:29:11 pm by Scooternew »
« Reply #719 on: June 03, 2008, 03:53:31 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
This is easily the most impressive fan project i have ever seen, and its really looking amazing.
Good work KM, will we be seeing a demo anytime in the near or not so near future?

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 74 queries.