Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386395 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer ...
« Reply #720 on: June 03, 2008, 06:37:47 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Odd suggestion; and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before (I'm not going through 40+ pages to find out XD)

Have you considered perhaps making a boss force you to revisit Koholint (or small parts of it)? After seeing that video... for some reason I just envision one of the Maren bosses making an appearance in one of the dungeons forcing you to walk through a very dark and nightmarish Koholint Island to chase him down and finally battle him in mabe village or something (or maybe him forcing you to start out at mabe village, then you fight him up in the windfish egg, since its only a few rooms away from Mabe Village anyway :P)

I dunno, for some reason thats sticking in my head pretty hard :P
« Reply #721 on: June 03, 2008, 08:15:00 pm »
  • Pichuscute
Oh dang, this game is awesome.  It makes me wanna quit my fan game, but I won't.   The animation is awesome, the only thing its missing is a few sound effects. It looks really fun, though.
« Reply #722 on: June 03, 2008, 08:18:45 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Well, I'll just my lift my hat for you.
Amazing job with everything. Animations, sprites, programming etc. Seriously, great job!

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #723 on: June 04, 2008, 12:51:06 am »
Figured out the music.

Puppet Ganon, Snake form.

What is this?

That wasn't in the video.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #724 on: June 04, 2008, 01:02:15 am »
  • Xiphirx
Figured out the music.

Puppet Ganon, Snake form.

What is this?

This.

I seriously can't believe you did this in Game Maker.

I have one question though, how long does it take to load?
  • For The Swarm

A Storm in the Desert

Eternal Triangle
« Reply #725 on: June 04, 2008, 07:06:23 am »
  • Wear the Deku Sprout Smile :]
King Mob, I return momentarily to goggle in amazement at the fantastic work you've been doing with this game. I hope progress continues and the game sees the beautiful release it should. I hope you're keeping plenty of backups :P
Surely you can do it!
Believe in your strengths...Believe...

-Happy Mask Salesman
« Reply #726 on: June 04, 2008, 08:45:01 am »
Love the video, glad to see that the maren sprites turned out well.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #727 on: June 04, 2008, 01:24:25 pm »
I noticed that there seemed to be no sound when each "tentacle" came out of the ground. That seemed kind unfitting. Also, when Link swings his sword and attacks the Maren, the same four "hi-yahs" play in the exact same order, which might get slightly annoying. They are supposed to be more random.
Yeah, there will be some effects for the tentacles coming out - once I decide what they should sound like. The sounds were kinda rushed, just to get this video done and out there...
And Link's little yelps are meant to be like the 4-hit combo he does in Wind Waker.

One more thing - are all these Maren battles going to be essentially the same, are they going to be different, more challenging later on, requiring different items, etc.?
They will evolve as you progress and certain additional attacks/defenses will require the rest of your arsenal, yes.

Odd suggestion; and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before (I'm not going through 40+ pages to find out XD)

Have you considered perhaps making a boss force you to revisit Koholint (or small parts of it)? After seeing that video... for some reason I just envision one of the Maren bosses making an appearance in one of the dungeons forcing you to walk through a very dark and nightmarish Koholint Island to chase him down and finally battle him in mabe village or something (or maybe him forcing you to start out at mabe village, then you fight him up in the windfish egg, since its only a few rooms away from Mabe Village anyway :P)

I dunno, for some reason thats sticking in my head pretty hard :P
I wasn't going to directly reference previous games, no. But I am putting in little easter eggs as I go, and the Maren share certain characteristics with the nightmares in Link's Awakening, so... Yeah, I just might sneak something like that in there. XD

What is this?

It's from an introductory cutscene. Just explains that the room you fight in was a binding circle which Noon used to imprison each Maren.

I have one question though, how long does it take to load?
On my computer the executable, containing absolutely everything I've done so far, loads in 10-11 seconds.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. And the next demo will arrive when it arrives. I wouldn't like to say just how much longer it's gonna be. :P
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 05:25:56 pm by King Mob »
« Reply #728 on: June 04, 2008, 02:04:40 pm »
This game is.... it's.... so.... perfect.... that video blew my mind. It's beyond anything I've seen over the internet, especially in GM.

You deserve so much more attention then you get now.
the a o d c
« Reply #729 on: June 04, 2008, 03:20:42 pm »
  • Huzzah!!!
Looks very nice. I can't wait to play it.
« Reply #730 on: June 04, 2008, 10:36:00 pm »
 :o
What an impressive second demo.  XD I haven't played it yet, but the video makes it look very promising.

I really don't know what else to say. It just looks REALLY good so far. I haven't seen another fan-game of this caliber. Of course, after I play the demo I'll probably have some slight critiques.

I wasn't going to directly reference previous games, no. But I am putting in little easter eggs as I go, and the Maren share certain characteristics with the nightmares in Link's Awakening, so... Yeah, I just might sneak something like that in there. XD

You know, now that I think about it, the Maren DO sound kind of like the idea of the Nightmares taken further and expanded upon. In fact, the name "Maren" reminds me of the girl "Marin" from LA. Is that just coincidence, or did you derive some of your inspiration from there?

Nothing wrong with that though.  :)

A slain Maren drops the Nightmare Locket it wears round its neck. These lockets contain the tortured soul of the Maren, and can be taken to Noon for him to 'exorcise' (since the Maren were not always evil ;)) essentially turning a bad dream into a good one, and releasing it into the world again. That's the final stage of cleansing an area of nightmares.

Wait, so will you be able to visit the dream world of these "good Marens" after you've cleansed an area? And what do these good Marens look like? Or are you keeping that hush-hush for now?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 10:55:08 pm by legendarylugi »

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #731 on: June 05, 2008, 08:53:43 am »
  • Silly cat!
Eh, I suppose the video was okay.

* Hoffy is actually really impressed.

Hoffy.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #732 on: June 05, 2008, 07:11:54 pm »
  • .越//

A slain Maren drops the Nightmare Locket it wears round its neck. These lockets contain the tortured soul of the Maren, and can be taken to Noon for him to 'exorcise' (since the Maren were not always evil ;)) essentially turning a bad dream into a good one, and releasing it into the world again. That's the final stage of cleansing an area of nightmares.

Wait, so will you be able to visit the dream world of these "good Marens" after you've cleansed an area? And what do these good Marens look like? Or are you keeping that hush-hush for now?

i think he actually means that when you "banish" the night"mare'n" then the shadow like draem maybe full with spooky ghosts turns into a flowerpower green meadow with white rabbits... ( not rabbids... that would still be a nightmare ;P )

think of it like the lttp dark world and when you banish him it turs to the end of lttp ( so the scenes after you kill ganon )

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #733 on: June 05, 2008, 07:55:25 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Great video, seriously, professional quality. A few concerns though:

-I'm sure the music/sound might be changed later on, it's just not nintendo quality in that area right now.
-I would say that you should only have to slash at the Maren when he falls down about 4-6 times instead of the 20+ times now. It just drags on the battle, when it shouldn't have to.

This is my opinion though, just trying to help this game become the best fan game ever. (Really close though...maybe it IS the best fan game ever).
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #734 on: June 05, 2008, 08:14:33 pm »
  • =/
 Two very minor problems with the game:

1) The black flash at the end of the fight - Not that it is a huge deal, but the effects in the 3d Zelda games would look much cooler. The last strike with the sword is held in place for about a second, I think there is even a bit of slowmo before the slash hits it but that might be imagining things, then the screen flashes white and continues on with the cut scene. Again, very minor, but much more... epic in my opinion.

2) The chains on the bottom of the level. Maybe it was done on purpose, but I got the feeling that the platform was hanging and wasn't attached to the ground at all... from the looks of it, the chains are going down, towards the ground. Was it done on purpose?

Overall, very amazing though. I'd definitely buy this if it officially came out - Hell, I'd buy it if you tried to sell it as a fangame.
« Reply #735 on: June 06, 2008, 08:23:15 pm »
Hell, I'd buy it if you tried to sell it as a fangame.

Well he don't legally can ::) .

The Maren is a really good idea. The battle is not too long for an ennemi that you have to fight again and again. Pretty cool attacks, and incredible animations, like always!

• Deviant Page

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #736 on: June 06, 2008, 08:29:43 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
That video is just unbelievable. Also the concept of how you fight the boss is rather original with having to create the beam before slicing at him. Very professional quality please keep this up, we are all rooting for you to finish!
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #737 on: June 06, 2008, 08:32:16 pm »
Hell, I'd buy it if you tried to sell it as a fangame.

Well he don't legally can ::) .

The Maren is a really good idea. The battle is not too long for an ennemi that you have to fight again and again. Pretty cool attacks, and incredible animations, like always!

hmm my only concern is that the maren boss might be to repetitive after a while :/ since they will have the same phyisical appeareance from what I have understand, but knowing you each battle will be original and unique in its own way.
« Reply #738 on: June 06, 2008, 11:54:12 pm »
I am not going to break into all the technical things but I am really impressed by the progress you have made on this project.  Quite frankly, it makes me feel inadequate.  I am really, really impressed, and the Maren battle concepts themselves are reason enough to pay attention.  And all the other things even more so.  My attention-level is bankrupt.  Well done.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #739 on: June 07, 2008, 01:07:35 am »
  • Silly cat!
Overall, very amazing though. I'd definitely buy this if it officially came out - Hell, I'd buy it if you tried to sell it as a fangame.
I guess in that sense it's kind of a shame it's made in Game Maker, because Nintendo wouldn't be able to emulate it on WiiWare or something. Of course, I'm not complaining, because if we can play it on PCs, that's good too.

Hoffy.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 74 queries.

anything