Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386495 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead...
« Reply #960 on: May 11, 2009, 08:51:28 am »
  • Silly cat!
Good for you! An original game is a much better idea. Can't wait to see some screenshots.

Hoffy.

Omeron

« Reply #961 on: May 11, 2009, 08:58:59 am »
aw noez! "The Link fanboy inside me dies of a heart attack" >.< But still... looks sooo amazing(already gotten over the loss of a actually good looking fan made zelda game :'( )! Well just need to be more patient and wait for the (hopefully) even better and finished Shadowgazer. I'm going to notify all the gamingsites of this game when it's finished so look forward to thouands of downloads  XD

But aside from that: how in the world are you going to create an original, good looking protagonist who fits into this story better than Link does?

Secondly: a tiny little wish of mine: please don't make it too dark please? Nice and happy colours at day-time, and dark-purple colour in the dream realm.  

A tiny question: what are you going to do about the monsters (except those which are already originals)? Oo
« Reply #962 on: May 11, 2009, 10:11:04 am »
Good for you KM :D. Although I would have liked to see the fangame get finished, the chance to turn it into an original IP is really too rare to pass up. I'd love to know where this goes in the next few months, so keep us all informed ;).
And if it's not a closed development agreement, screens of the new game would be great.
It makes me feel all good inside when I realize that this site has done something good for once. Hope it all goes well for you.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 10:12:35 am by Darklight »
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #963 on: May 11, 2009, 10:27:22 am »
It's such a loss but such a gain too. I hope that the many fan-games here can recover everyone's losses.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #964 on: May 11, 2009, 11:20:44 am »
  • My Other Drug is Triforce.
Whatever will work for you works for your fanbase in most cases, but I'd imagine it'd take quite a skilled artist to make original and good looking graphics to 1up MC's style.
to zelda
sweet as nutella
  • Skymist
« Reply #965 on: May 11, 2009, 11:38:13 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
Well, great to see that you made a decision. If you have the motivation to finish the game, I'm sure it'll be a big success.
And if you need a composer, I'd be glad to help. I have the talent and the equipment for that. :P

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #966 on: May 11, 2009, 12:37:58 pm »
Forgot to mention I could help with music, knew I left something out :P
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #967 on: May 11, 2009, 12:52:05 pm »
Very nice to hear your decision at last.
'The Shadowgazer' will  in my opinion be even more awesome than the Zelda fan game was, and it was by far the best fan game ever created. With completely custom graphics and such this game will be the best game of the century, at least to me.
I can hardly wait to see some screenshots and the new main character!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #968 on: May 11, 2009, 03:40:28 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Good choice, my man! As you stated previously, I'm sure, you'll have much more freedom as an IP instead of the restrictions of a fan game. I know this'll turn out great. Plus, you get to make money, which is always good, and no dealing with copyright infringement! I look forward to future updates on The Shadowgazer. It actually sounds more awesome just like that, no restraints, pure freedom! YEAH!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #969 on: May 11, 2009, 04:02:43 pm »
A part of me is sad, to see the Zelda fan game stop, but another part gets really excited and is impatient to see some of the new stuff of the IP.

I'll prepare an 'official statement' (lol) to greet visitors to the Shadowgazer website and my YouTube channel, and try and mitigate any backlash with the promise that The Shadowgazer will be back, better than before.

Don't know where its new home will be yet - my own domain, most likely - but I'll let you guys know as soon as it has one.

Are you still going to post updates in this topic about the IP or will the topic be canned as well? Because of what I understand is that you are going to move with the entire project.

I understand the concerns about the amount of work this will now mean, but I wouldn't say I've found there to be a lot of work I'd already done that has gone to waste - I'll need to adapt a lot of the custom sprite work, sure, but the engine will pretty much stay as is. Music, on the other hand, don't know what I'm gonna do about that yet...! :P

It might sound a bit selfish, but you really had some wicked custom sprite work in your game. It would be sad if those that are going to be replaced or changed, due to being to much Zelda-ish, got wasted. Are you going to release that work to ZFGC resources at one time or another (maybe after you finished the IP), for others to use?

I wish you good luck and all the best in your new venture.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #970 on: May 11, 2009, 04:09:29 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Row Row FIGHT THE POWAH!

I'm just curious as to how you're gonna translate all the Zelda-esque enemies to an original style without people saying "Hey, I'm playing Zelda with different graphics!"

Best of luck, King Mob, I know you can do it!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #971 on: May 11, 2009, 04:14:37 pm »
I've seen people say that about other games, DJ. He doesn't need to worry about that claim. But I also look forward to the enemy, and Link, transformation from licensed characters to new original characters.

• Mirby Studios

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #972 on: May 11, 2009, 04:16:18 pm »
  • b e p i s
Hell yes! I was hoping you'd make this decision. Best of luck :D
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #973 on: May 11, 2009, 05:22:44 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay, guys, I've made my decision. Sorry to keep you hanging on.

I have decided to turn The Shadowgazer into an original game. That means The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is no more.

I know this won't be popular with everyone and, believe me, it wasn't a particularly easy decision to make, but what started as a little love letter to my favourite game series has become quite an involved hobby, and as much as I want to see someone actually finish a full-length Zelda fan game, I'd be crazy not to do something more with mine - particularly given the kind of interest it has attracted lately...

That, and the fact that I'm genuinely more enthused about a new game than I've ever been about the fan game. :D

I understand the concerns about the amount of work this will now mean, but I wouldn't say I've found there to be a lot of work I'd already done that has gone to waste - I'll need to adapt a lot of the custom sprite work, sure, but the engine will pretty much stay as is. Music, on the other hand, don't know what I'm gonna do about that yet...! :P

I'll prepare an 'official statement' (lol) to greet visitors to the Shadowgazer website and my YouTube channel, and try and mitigate any backlash with the promise that The Shadowgazer will be back, better than before.

Don't know where its new home will be yet - my own domain, most likely - but I'll let you guys know as soon as it has one. And I want to thank you guys for your support over the years - I don't think anyone who hasn't attempted something like this would understand how much feedback and support is needed just to keep you motivated, and I probably would have given up a long time ago if I had kept it to myself. I think sometimes people underestimate that. So, thanks again. :D

See you around.

KM

Why not release the source of the original Shadowgazer to see if someone can continue with what you have? It's an absolute shame to see what's there now just up and end as what it is and turn into something entirely different
« Reply #974 on: May 11, 2009, 06:30:05 pm »
Cheers, guys. Thanks for understanding why I want to do this. XD

Things are progressing quite nicely, so I'll try and put some screens or something together soon.

But aside from that: how in the world are you going to create an original, good looking protagonist who fits into this story better than Link does?
I can't promise I've come up with as iconic a character as Link :P but he should pretty interesting. Unlike Link he's a character rather than a cipher for the player, he has a name (i.e. you won't be able to re-name him) and he will have a big speaking part. Plus, he already fits in better than Link because I've been streamlining the story and he's become much more a part of events and less the only kid who can do anything about them. I've also merged some of the main players' roles. For example, Zelda and Impa have become one character and consequently there is no damsel in distress anymore. So it's already much tighter because I don't feel I have to shoehorn all the familiar Zelda motifs in. If you like what you already know, you should like where I'm taking it...

Secondly: a tiny little wish of mine: please don't make it too dark please? Nice and happy colours at day-time, and dark-purple colour in the dream realm. 
The mood will be the same. Majora's Mask was always the mood I wanted to capture, and I'm still going for that slightly creepy, darkly whimsical mood. Toon Link, however, is no longer an influence on the art style...

Are you still going to post updates in this topic about the IP or will the topic be canned as well? Because of what I understand is that you are going to move with the entire project.
I'll start a new topic here, sure.

I'm just curious as to how you're gonna translate all the Zelda-esque enemies to an original style without people saying "Hey, I'm playing Zelda with different graphics!"
Well, I think there's gonna have to be an element of that - it's almost unavoidable. I can superficially change them (for example, the octoroks have become spitting toads which get around by hopping) but the enemies in 2D Zeldas pretty much cover all the attack types and movement patterns in the book and coming up with entirely new ones might be tricky. But I'm certainly going to try.

Why not release the source of the original Shadowgazer to see if someone can continue with what you have? It's an absolute shame to see what's there now just up and end as what it is and turn into something entirely different
Because I don't want somebody making a game with a virtually identical premise? Nah, I plan on releasing all the Zelda assets (ripped/custom sprites and tilesets) though, which will no doubt help in your rip project. ;)

It might sound a bit selfish, but you really had some wicked custom sprite work in your game. It would be sad if those that are going to be replaced or changed, due to being to much Zelda-ish, got wasted. Are you going to release that work to ZFGC resources at one time or another (maybe after you finished the IP), for others to use?
See above. :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:32:23 pm by King Mob »

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #975 on: May 11, 2009, 06:34:30 pm »
What are the frogs called, by chance? Do they have a name, and are you willing to release it? Or the character's new name?

• Mirby Studios

Omeron

« Reply #976 on: May 11, 2009, 06:45:30 pm »
Quite relieved, thanks to your answer  XD (but indeed I didn't expect you to make someone as good as Link, but as long as you make a charcter that fits into the setting better than Link, which you said you would, I'm happy).

But considering the fact that it's no longer a zelda-fan-game you might consider changing the game's webpage xD And glad that you aren't going to change the mood (whew), as I would probably consider to forget about this game if you did (mood is that which sets the tone, and I don't like too dark games, but that's just me XD).

Well something which must definitely change is the NPCs. And the chickens could be changed into... rabbits(?) "just to keep it original" XD

Well I'll look forward to the first screenies of your renewed game.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #977 on: May 11, 2009, 06:47:54 pm »
How about... ducks? Although rabbits does sound funny. As long as they don't throw plungers, this is an IP now.

• Mirby Studios

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #978 on: May 11, 2009, 08:07:50 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
:P at least make a compilation build of what you have so far (like... save files with each key moment in the game that you want to show)

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #979 on: May 11, 2009, 08:08:51 pm »
Like hackers and translators do with save states? To show important moments?

• Mirby Studios
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.485 seconds with 78 queries.

anything