Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: No wave input???  (Read 2919 times)

No wave input???
« on: June 14, 2007, 07:17:11 am »
Hey, I've been looking for a program that can record sound from my computer, like from Youtube or any other music file, etc., but none of them have worked. I tried using Unregistered Hypercam 2, but for some reason that only records what's on the computer screen, no matter what I do. And then I tried using Blaze Media Pro(or whatever it's called), which seemed like an EXTREMELY large file, but it turns out it was only a trial, and can't record music from my computer at ALL!  And neither will Freecorder, which even lies in its own description, saying that it will "record the music coming from your computer's speakers". ::)

wtf is the problem?

Can anyone point me to one? This is getting too frustrating.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 02:26:07 am by Eater »
- Click to go to thread
Re: wtf???
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 07:25:32 am »
Why not just download the video and convert it to a .MP3 file using a video converter.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 07:30:14 am »
Goldwave. Media Player Classic. >_>
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 07:39:17 pm »
I don't think you guys get it.  I've read about what GoldWave can do, and it seems you can only record music by using a microphone or any music that wouldn't be playing from your computer already.  And what would converting a video to mp3 format do?
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 08:27:18 pm »
I don't know what your setup is, but make sure you have the right recording source when you hit the record button. It'll either be line-in, microphone, etc. *however* there should also be an option to record the output from the soundcard, which basically means it'll record whatever you're hearing coming from your speakers.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 08:36:58 pm »
I don't think you guys get it.  I've read about what GoldWave can do, and it seems you can only record music by using a microphone or any music that wouldn't be playing from your computer already.  And what would converting a video to mp3 format do?

Well it seems you want the audio?

Converting a video to MP3 drops the video and keeps just the audio.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 09:08:31 pm »
I don't know what your setup is, but make sure you have the right recording source when you hit the record button. It'll either be line-in, microphone, etc. *however* there should also be an option to record the output from the soundcard, which basically means it'll record whatever you're hearing coming from your speakers.

Well, apparently the sound card in my computer is Realtek HD, and it seems to think that I want to record from a microphone, which I don't, but I can't change it in any preferences or anything.  Am I supposed to download some new audio input or something?

But it won't have any, because it hasn't recorded any.  All there is on the saved avi file is silence, even though there was SUPPOSED to be music.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 09:43:34 pm »

But it won't have any, because it hasn't recorded any.  All there is on the saved avi file is silence, even though there was SUPPOSED to be music.

Wait, Where is this video you're trying to extract the audio from?
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 09:49:19 pm »
  • *whistle*
There should be settings within programs like Goldwave and Audacity which should allow you to do it easily enough.

... a little too easily, in fact. Sometimes I have difficulty setting it to record from the MICROPHONE, as it often seems to default to just recording the sound card. <__<
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 11:32:56 pm »
There should be settings within programs like Goldwave and Audacity which should allow you to do it easily enough.

... a little too easily, in fact. Sometimes I have difficulty setting it to record from the MICROPHONE, as it often seems to default to just recording the sound card. <__<

I think I've got the opposite happening to me.  I don't actually have a micrphone, and wouldn't want to use one anyway.

@ betfallen, since I'm too lazy to copy and paste - It happens to any video.  I'm not actually trying to extract anything, but the prgoram I use records anywhere on the screen, which you specify yourself, and supposedly it's supposed to record sound, but only the former works.
- Click to go to thread

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 12:01:48 am »
  • With a Capital G
If you use any version of Windows that I'm familiar with, check the system tray (usually bottom-right of the screen, beside the clock) for a speaker icon. Double-click. You get volume sliders for all kinds of sound channels.

Then hit Options -> Properties. Click Recording then OK. New set of sliders appears. Check the "Select" box for the channel that you want any sound recording program to record. It's probably Wave you want, otherwise if that doesn't work, use Record Master (aka What U Hear) which will pick up any sounds.

Now GoldWave or whatever should record that channel when you try.
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 01:58:43 am »
Thanks.  I haven't tried recording yet, but if I played around with what I could find with the sound.  If I don't get any more problems I probably won't come back to this thread.
- Click to go to thread

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 02:11:59 am »
Audacity works excellent!
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 02:13:32 am »
Audacity's ok.  It's not what I wanted, but I was able to do some cool things to *****'s theme and the Hyrule Field theme from TP.

EDIT:

OK, for input I have only CD Volume, FrontMic, Mic Volume, and Line Volume.  No Wave or Record Master.  Is there a problem?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 02:24:52 am by Eater »
- Click to go to thread

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 03:35:03 am »
  • With a Capital G
OK, for input I have only CD Volume, FrontMic, Mic Volume, and Line Volume.  No Wave or Record Master.  Is there a problem?

And that's from the steps I gave?  Okay, go back to the Properties menu where you switched from Playback to Recording, and before you press OK, there should be another box on the screen full of checkboxes for different channels.. whichever ones are checked should appear as sliders when you press OK.

Wave is preferred and it works for most games & media, but some things that seem like Wave really use other channels like DirectSound or whatever. Record Master also picks up computer activity as fuzzy noise, but probably not loud enough to notice it.
Re: No wave input???
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 06:57:44 am »
OK, I've tried, and for some reason I'm not finding the checkboxes you're talking about.  Here's what appears:

and when I click when of the buttons on the lower left, this comes up:

So I'm not sure what to do.  Maybe knowing that I use Windows XP or that it runs on an eMachine might help?  Or would it have something to do with my router?  I'm lost.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 08:25:11 am »
you currently have line in as the selected recording input
theres two rows
1. Playback
2. Recording
recording has 4 bars
1. cd volume(??)
2. front mic
3. another mic (?)
4. line-in
5. ??
there has to be more choices
if you can somehow get to select Wave (or Wave out) or What-you-hear
youll be able to record from it too

and hm from your second screen theres a problem
you only have 4 choices :P
seems like you have a problem :/

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 06:07:54 pm »

@ betfallen, since I'm too lazy to copy and paste - It happens to any video.  I'm not actually trying to extract anything, but the prgoram I use records anywhere on the screen, which you specify yourself, and supposedly it's supposed to record sound, but only the former works.

Yes, But what I was on about is downloading the video (which I'm assuming is on Youtube) and then Convert the FLV to MP3 which will just be the sound file, but I think overly I misread what you was trying to do. Are you trying to get both Video and Sound?
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 07:43:52 pm »
@ Gonzo- yes, it does. :(

@ bertfallen - I was trying to, but I don't necessarily need the video, but the problem is I'm only getting the video itself with that program, and if I just use something for sound, I won't get either the video or the music.
- Click to go to thread

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 10:05:42 pm »
  • hungry..
Go to: Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices, then click the "Audio" tab.

Under "Sound recording", click the Volume button, a selection of sliders should come up.
If "What U Hear" is there, select that... otherwise, select "Stereo Mix"..

if neither are there, click "Options" > "Properties".

Under, "Show the following volume controls:", check Stereo Mix / What U Hear, then click OK.
On the list of sliders, choose one of those (check the Select box underneath)..

and now you should be able to record everything that comes through your speakers.
  • My Blog
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 74 queries.