Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else play Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones?  (Read 841 times)

Anyone else play Prince of Persia: The Two Thron...
« on: August 07, 2007, 12:48:51 am »
Before I hadn't been all that much interested in the series(although I thought I might get it for the Wii after reading about it in an NP magazine), but my brother happened to buy the game for his PS2, and since I don't have any games that I haven't already finished, I decided to give it a try.

It is definetly harder than most other games I have played(and I've been playing it on Easy), but I did manage to get to the last boss today, and I only just started about a week ago without much help.  The bosses are really a pain in the arse, and I don't think I'll ever kill this Brazeer thing, but it is a lot more fun when there is actually a challenge(*coughganoncough*). 

I guess I don't know all the story details either because I haven't played the others, but it seems mostly gameplay-driven, like Sonic or Mario, so I don't really care.  I do dislike playing as Black Prince, though(the Well of Ancestors FTFL), and the story around it reminds me of Shadow the Hedgehog all over again.

So what do you guys think?  And do you have any tips for me?  I'm not going to restart the game just because I could only bother to find one of the health upgrades.
- Click to go to thread

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Re: Anyone else play Prince of Persia: The Two T...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 12:51:43 am »
  • b e p i s
Play Sands of Time, THAT was an awesome game. Epic jumping puzzles ftw.

I never played the later ones, but from what I hear they didn't live up to SoT.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 12:52:26 am »
Not yet. But I'm interested in the whole new Prince of Persia triology. Someday...
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 12:58:18 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
A looong time ago I bought a Prince of Persia 1 and 2 collection at a discount book store. Those games were so fun man. I haven't played the new ones, but they look quite far removed from the originals.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 01:02:15 am »
I'm not sure about getting the other two, I've already spoiled them for myself, and I don't think I could find them anyway. :p  I guess it couldn't hurt to get them though.

Moldorma - There are older games in the series?
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 01:42:59 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
yea, the old series on the snes. where you don't know why you're even thrown in jail unless you have the japanese version(the beginning cutscene was censored in the u.s. and europe).

the first one was fun, and difficult. i still haven't beaten that guy at the end. and i never understood what that mouse was for.

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 02:09:57 am »
  • With a Capital G
I haven't played The Two Thrones .... yet.

Knivu, people who say the sequels didn't live up to Sands of Time are BS'ing you in a way. I found just about everything in Warrior Within better than the first - it's a lot less linear, the combat was expanded, the Dahaka character adds some cool tension scenes, and over-all it feels a bit less like each room is some sort of tutorial. Most people's problem was that the Prince got pissed and lost his "charm". But if you looks at it as a change in artistic direction rather than a direct sequel, it's better than they say.

On a side note I just beat Sands of Time this morning. I saved before the final boss last night, then after loading today it skipped the cutscene that explains just about everything.  >:(
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 02:16:41 am »
I haven't played it yet! but I heard it's a good game.

EDIT: JEEBUS ALMIGHTY! I reached 4500 posts.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 02:21:42 am by Hyrule_boy »

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 04:02:18 am »
I haven't played The Two Thrones .... yet.

Knivu, people who say the sequels didn't live up to Sands of Time are BS'ing you in a way. I found just about everything in Warrior Within better than the first - it's a lot less linear, the combat was expanded, the Dahaka character adds some cool tension scenes, and over-all it feels a bit less like each room is some sort of tutorial. Most people's problem was that the Prince got pissed and lost his "charm". But if you looks at it as a change in artistic direction rather than a direct sequel, it's better than they say.

On a side note I just beat Sands of Time this morning. I saved before the final boss last night, then after loading today it skipped the cutscene that explains just about everything.  >:(

You liked Warrior Within? They replaced the fun intuitive puzzles with a combo system that was pure !@#$%, and they turned prince into some brooding emokid. (yeah guys, we can make our game edgy by tacking on this trendy 'ooh he's dark' !@#$%.) I'm sorry, but I had more fun running along walls and climbing huge rooms than searching lists and lists of combos to find the one combo that an enemy is weak against.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 04:43:42 am »
Yeah, running along walls ftw.  Projecting yourself from a wall and colliding with an enemy is pwnsome, as is running up one and then owning them from behind.  Speed kills are kewel, too.  Maybe even the kewelest, and would actually save most of the bosses in Toilet Paper.

HB, you must try it or else you will not be able to call yourself a Nintendo fanboy.
- Click to go to thread
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 54 queries.