Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Pre?] Robo Jesus Ftw *Video update*  (Read 1375 times)

[Pre?] Robo Jesus Ftw *Video update*
« on: August 22, 2007, 03:35:42 am »
Notes:

-I've decided I was bored with whatever projects I was working on before(aside from Loste), so I wanted to try and do something that's not a fan game, thus allowing me to have more freedom with the engine(of which I've made from scratch so far) and other things.

-I prefer to call this a pre-project because it is far from done; none of the bosses are made, not all of the music or tilesheets are made, nor are the cutscenes or spells, etc.  I've only been working on it for a few days so far, and I'm only one person, so I don't expect it to be done anytime soon.

-Please, if you have something negative to say about the graphics or the way the game is played or the way the music sounds, please refrain from saying so.  They are meant to be the way that they are.  However, if you have any good ideas, such as "I think this should be in," or "Why not try this instead?" in a non-flaming fashion, then you can go ahead.

-This game is being made in GM v.5(unregistered), if that's important to anyone.

Story:
A thousand years in the future, Robo Jesus is created by a mad scientist that goes by the name of Dr. Kintobor.  Kintobor tries to control Robo Jesus in order to gain fame, but Robo Jesus escapes, and in doing so, finds one of the many ancient inventions Kintobor stopped working on.  You'll have to wait for the game to find out more.  :P

Screenshots:

Trailers:
Click

Boss - Gohtan - Sorry that there's no music.  It has to do with my music card or whatever it is, because I don't have the right option to record music on my computer, or something.  And the real game looks a lot smoother than this.  Anyway, this is one of the bosses that will be in the game, or a mini-boss.  Notice that next to it you can see numbers-that's it's health.

Demos:
None yet.

Credits:
Sprites - Eater
Music - Eater(aside from the trailer, the title screen, and possibly at the end when the credits roll)
Sound effects - So far, I've only used some from the Metroid Fan Mission website, but I'll probably use other
Scripter/coder/designer - Eater

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 04:51:03 am by Eater »
- Click to go to thread
Re: [Pre?] Omg Wtf Bbq
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 05:09:38 am »
Already a Game Maker game with this name, it's used over at 64digits to win badges.
Re: [Pre?] Omg Wtf Bbq
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 05:12:01 am »
D***.  Guess I'll just rename it then.
- Click to go to thread
Re: [Pre?] Robo Jesus Ftw *Video update*
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 04:34:38 am »
Sorry for the double post.

I don't know if anybody cares, but after fooling around a bit with Game Maker, I found out how to make a simple side-scrolling engine on my own, so I'm considering turning this into a side-scroller if I can add a few more cool gameplay-related things.  Other than that, though, it'll really be the same.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 07:15:17 am »
1) The music had me giggling
2) The HUD seems to move when you move. Are you using objects? Use drawing instead.
the a o d c
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 07:03:06 pm »
1.O rly?
2.I would, but then I wouldn't know how to make them change sprites depending on how much the variables are worth.  I'll do that if I find out how though.
- Click to go to thread
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 49 queries.