Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Metroid Prime *Rant* *Spoilers?*  (Read 4348 times)

Metroid Prime *Rant* *Spoilers?*
« on: September 08, 2007, 04:47:24 am »
As most of you may not know, a few days ago I'd traded in Sonic and the Secret Rings for both True Crime: Streets of LA and Metroid Prime at a Gamestop.  I'd played both before, but never owned them or got through to the end of them, so I wanted to see if I could.  The former seems impossible, but I thought I might actually get to the end of the latter, or at least close.

But Thardus and everything after turned out to be almost a chore to do because of how so fooking difficult it is.  Unlike Echoes, there is so much backtracking to do, taking you to the other parts of the whole freaking planet instead of just in that one area, and it only gives you what room to go to but not even a general direction to take.

And aside from the smaller enemies and those rip-off dinosuars from Torvus Bog(forgot their name), maybe even the bosses, the AI seems to hard for me to handle, especialy the Space Pirates.

And that brings me to the Phazon Mines issue.  There are Space Pirates and those stupid cameras everywhere.  They can make magnets and cranes and computers and put Phazon in themselves and mine and everything, but they don't have the intelligence enough to actually put more than one Save Station somewhere in their mines?  Not  even on the terribly insanely long path to get the Power Bomb upgrade?

By the time I actually get to the room with it, six out of seven of my energy tanks are gone, as are 75 or so of my 80 missiles, and I meet a totally unexpected enemy that I can't lock onto or even damage!  So I try to get under the floor somehow to hide or whatever in Morphball mode, but there isn't anywhere to get in, so I die for the first time, and have to start ALL THE FOOKING WAY UP AT THE TOP OF THE MINES!! WTF.  THE ORIGINAL IS TEN TIMES EASIER.

Anyone else think so?
- Click to go to thread

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
Re: Metroid Prime *Rant* *Spoilers?*
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 05:02:03 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Erm... Prime came before Echoes, which completely blows half of your rant into the trash bin. Those "Torvus Bog dinosaur rip-offs" are called Sheegoth, and I believe the Grenchlers are rip-offs of them. Also, those are baby Sheegoths. Full grown Sheegoths are a bit more menacing.

Also, the Phazon Mines are the most difficult of the different sections of Tallon IV,. The game assumes you have more than what you do. Hell, I had 9 or so energy tanks, along with the Gravity Suit, Wave Buster, Power Bombs, Super Missile, Ice Spreader, and 170 or so missiles. MOAR ITEMS THEN TACKLE MMKAY.

Oh, and the X-Ray Visor is your friend.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 05:05:41 am »
I know Prime came before Echoes.  That isn't what I'm complaining about.
And the full-grown Sheegoths aren't very hard at all, they just have lots of health.  Their attacks are actually easy to avoid.

I'd get more items if I didn't want to go all the way back to the other places and having to find out where more energy tanks could be hiding.  And as far as I know I can't get the X-ray visor yet.
- Click to go to thread

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 05:10:07 am »
I know Prime came before Echoes.

The bolded parts below make me think otherwise:

As most of you may not know, a few days ago I'd traded in Sonic and the Secret Rings for both True Crime: Streets of LA and Metroid Prime at a Gamestop.  I'd played both before, but never owned them or got through to the end of them, so I wanted to see if I could.  The former seems impossible, but I thought I might actually get to the end of the latter, or at least close.

But Thardus and everything after turned out to be almost a chore to do because of how so fooking difficult it is.  Unlike Echoes, there is so much backtracking to do, taking you to the other parts of the whole freaking planet instead of just in that one area, and it only gives you what room to go to but not even a general direction to take.

And aside from the smaller enemies and those rip-off dinosuars from Torvus Bog(forgot their name), maybe even the bosses, the AI seems to hard for me to handle, especialy the Space Pirates.

And that brings me to the Phazon Mines issue.  There are Space Pirates and those stupid cameras everywhere.  They can make magnets and cranes and computers and put Phazon in themselves and mine and everything, but they don't have the intelligence enough to actually put more than one Save Station somewhere in their mines?  Not  even on the terribly insanely long path to get the Power Bomb upgrade?

By the time I actually get to the room with it, six out of seven of my energy tanks are gone, as are 75 or so of my 80 missiles, and I meet a totally unexpected enemy that I can't lock onto or even damage!  So I try to get under the floor somehow to hide or whatever in Morphball mode, but there isn't anywhere to get in, so I die for the first time, and have to start ALL THE FOOKING WAY UP AT THE TOP OF THE MINES!! WTF.  THE ORIGINAL IS TEN TIMES EASIER.

Anyone else think so?

Bold-Italics especially.

Anyway, just browse around Metroid2002.com. I learned a lot from watching those videos.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Bustertheheroic

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 05:14:13 am »
THE ORIGINAL IS TEN TIMES EASIER.

you make no sense how could the game your playing be easier....then the game your playing?
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 05:46:53 am »
I only made that first reference because there really isn't any other enemy I know of that looks like them, and as I said I couldn't remember their names.

And obviously I meant the first Metroid game.  You guys shoul get out from under your rocks and find a NES or something.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 08:16:20 am »
  • Captain Banana
It's called a challenge. <_<

I only made that first reference because there really isn't any other enemy I know of that looks like them, and as I said I couldn't remember their names.
It makes no sense, how could they be "ripp-off" when Prime was the original?? Why didn't you say "look-alike", [nevermind this part] I seriously doubt you knew Prime came before Echoes (you made references everywhere in your text to Echoes came before Prime)[/]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 05:37:02 pm by TCGamer »
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 09:46:01 am »
Metroid Prime is meant to be a dedicated shooter's game, not a run and game frenzy. That's all I can really say.
the a o d c
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 09:52:36 am »
By the time I actually get to the room with it, six out of seven of my energy tanks are gone, as are 75 or so of my 80 missiles,
That says enough about your skills...

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 02:00:20 pm »
Lrn2 thermal visor
Lrn2 fight

HM. THEY MIGHT PUT MULTIPLE VISORS IN FOR A REASON.

If you think Thardus is hard, you'll scream and throw your controller at Omega Pirate (Which is actually pretty easy if you know what you're doing, but a nightmare if you don't.)

Metroid prime is damn easy, Echoes is much harder. The only thing I can gather from your post is that you suck horribly at the game.
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 02:16:04 pm »
To me, Echoes had way more backtracking and far more difficult enemies. I mean I beat Prime with relative ease and just recently finished Echoes after weeks of struggle. You probably just need to take your time and use some strategy. I manage to get away from most pirates damage-free by hiding then stepping out to take pot shots...also charged wave beam/super missle ftw.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 02:28:56 pm »

And obviously I meant the first Metroid game.  You guys shoul get out from under your rocks and find a NES or something.

Dude, my first experience with Metroid was on the NES. Some of us are old enough to remember those things.

(!@#$%)

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 06:06:30 pm »
No, I'm sure Echoes is 10 times easier, as well as all the other Metroid games.  I had little to no trouble at all with most of the enemies in that game(aside from the Pirates and the Bloggs, and bosses), and I managed to get through about half of it before giving up.

The Omega Pirate was the easiest boss I've ever faced in any video game, which is strange because all the other enemies don't seem to go as easy on you.  Where the funk is the balance?
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 07:14:38 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
If you cant get past a point at the game, just go practise until you can, or go get more upgrades.

I got stuck at a couple of places on MP but just remember to not run in all guns blazing, and take out one enemy at a time.
that means theres on less person to shoot at you.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 07:32:38 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
You didn't like how it didn't give you a specific place to go, but you liked Metroid where they don't give you any clues where to go?

Anyways I think Metroid Prime was a great game. Way better than what I played of number 2. Not sure about 3 yet though.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 10:10:03 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Yes, Metroid Prime is hard. I was stuck with Thardus for ages, and don't even get me started on the Omega Pirate. But Metroid Prime is meant to be a difficult challenge... and you're encouraged to look around the world for missile upgrades and energy tanks in order to have a better chance against the boss you're having trouble with. But Metroid Prime is my favourite Metroid... going to the other side of the world to find something insignificant made the adventure fun, and that's what Metroid was all about. If you think there wasn't any major backtracking in Metroid Prime 2, you're completely wrong.

Hoffy.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 11:12:36 pm »
  • :3
I beat Thardus on my first or second try. The first I died but formulated a strategy while doing so.

Plan: Morph Ball+ area Thardus can't reach= win.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 07:14:19 pm »
Yes, Metroid Prime is hard. I was stuck with Thardus for ages, and don't even get me started on the Omega Pirate. But Metroid Prime is meant to be a difficult challenge... and you're encouraged to look around the world for missile upgrades and energy tanks in order to have a better chance against the boss you're having trouble with. But Metroid Prime is my favourite Metroid... going to the other side of the world to find something insignificant made the adventure fun, and that's what Metroid was all about. If you think there wasn't any major backtracking in Metroid Prime 2, you're completely wrong.

How?  All I can remember really backtracking to a different part of the map for was one of the missile upgrades you need to get(I think it's for the green doors, but I can't remember).  Other than that, I didn't feel like I needed to go from Torvus Bog to Dark Aether to some other completely random place to find an item that only has a few uses in the whole game.  I never had to go through Chozo Ruins and having to fight through lots of Chozo Ghosts and then had to get the Magmoor Caverns, and then the crashed frigate just to get to the Phazon Mines, etc.

Also, I figured most of the extra missiles and energy tanks wouldn't actually be needed to finish the game, but just to get 100 %, like the extra heart containers and magic meter upgrades in Zelda.  Except for in the first few games, they may as well not exist.

Anyway, I got the Elite Pirate mixed up with the Omega Pirate, but whatever.  I just got the Plasma Beam, and have been searching for more upgrades and as many artifacts as I can get before going back to the Phazon Mines.  Getting through there really is harder than it needs to be.

Just to let everyone know, though, I don't hate this game.  It's just that I'd get a lot more enjoyment out of the game if it was just a bit easier, like on the level Majora's Mask was.  Maybe it could stay as hard as it is, but not in cheap ways like making you backtrack from one place to another with regenerating enemies that take 15 minutes to take down, with save stations set far apart.  Also, maybe it's just me, but the map is a little confusing.  I had a lot of trouble finding that room with the tower you have to knock down.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 02:25:44 am »
I'd get more items if I didn't want to go all the way back to the other places and having to find out where more energy tanks could be hiding.  And as far as I know I can't get the X-ray visor yet.
That's just laziness. Metroid is about exploration. This is what you should've expected, and Metroid Prime nails the aspect of backtracking perfectly. It's amazing all the passages you can unearth, especially later in the game. I also had more than twice as many missiles as you.

Just get better at the game.
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 02:33:22 am »
  • Wu tang Forever
The things you said are actually what I'm worried about for Metroid Prime 3, and perhaps they're the reason that I haven't gotten it yet.
I'm worried Prime 3 will not have enough exploration, will be too easy. And I'm generally worried it will be made for a more mainstream audience and not a Metroid audience.
But that's off topic. Back on topic, it seems most of the things you don't like about Prime are what I liked about it. 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 77 queries.