Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nintendo 64 to Nintendo DS ports.  (Read 3599 times)

Re: Nintendo 64 to Nintendo DS ports.
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 07:50:42 pm »
Sin & Punishment - Successor of the Earth
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 08:17:42 pm »
Perfect dark. Fo'sho.

mit

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2007, 08:24:54 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
Remember also the filesize changes when they adjust it to be emulated, although I doubt it's by much.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007, 09:40:55 pm »
  • Silly cat!
It would be awesome if they would port Ocarina of Time + Masterquest + Majora's Mask and place it on 1 cartridge!

depends on how much one DS cart holds; wasnt MM like 50 megs by itself? OoT was about 26, add the MQ expansion its another 26 I believe (I wish they'd do a proper Ura Zelda >_<)

A DS cart, at the moment, can hold up to like almost 130 MB. MM 32 MB + OoT 32 MB + OoT MQ 32 MB = 96 MB. Can (theoretically) be done.
Majora's Mask Mask and Ocarina of Time were well over 32mb. They would have been at least 50mb each. Plus, it's not just the game you're storing on the cart, you also have to have save files and whatnot. It can still be very difficult to compress all of that, too.

Hoffy.

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 09:49:45 pm »
Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie on one cart would be orgasmic... that is, if it's even possible without cutting out too much.

Ocarina of Time would be sort of been-there-done-that, Majora's Mask could be pretty great (with new content of course). But if we're going to get a new Zelda on DS, I'd rather it be made by Capcom and be heavily based on Four Swords and online. Perhaps a handheld Hyrule MMORPG?

Paper Mario and Conker's Bad Fur Day would be nice too.

I would want Conker's Bad Fur Day too. If they made a new Zelda game on DS, I wish it would be kinda like the Phantom Hourglass style because I thought it was pretty sweet.
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2007, 01:25:19 am »
  • I almost has over 9000 everything!
It would be awesome if they would port Ocarina of Time + Masterquest + Majora's Mask and place it on 1 cartridge!

depends on how much one DS cart holds; wasnt MM like 50 megs by itself? OoT was about 26, add the MQ expansion its another 26 I believe (I wish they'd do a proper Ura Zelda >_<)

A DS cart, at the moment, can hold up to like almost 130 MB. MM 32 MB + OoT 32 MB + OoT MQ 32 MB = 96 MB. Can (theoretically) be done.
Majora's Mask Mask and Ocarina of Time were well over 32mb. They would have been at least 50mb each. Plus, it's not just the game you're storing on the cart, you also have to have save files and whatnot. It can still be very difficult to compress all of that, too.

:D

If they did port OOT & MM & OOT MQ, it would most definitely be able to fit on a 128MB card. It may even fit on a 64MB card since all 3 games share a lot of resources.

• Puyo Nexus
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2007, 02:06:55 am »
  • w00t
File sizes mean nothing unless you plan to actually emulate the games, something the DS is completely underpowered for.  Super Mario 64 DS was more than just a port.  They redid the textures, the audio, the input, and basically made an entirely new game that merely looked and felt like the old one.  In the end, the DS version took up more space than the N64 one even though everything was compressed.

Sure, the three Zelda ones could share many resources, but even then Nintendo would have to remake the games entirely, which is probably not something they're looking forward to doing, especially considering how much more complex those games were than SM64.

As for titles to port, I'd mostly just like to see Paper Mario or Super Mario RPG (SNES) on there.  That's about it, really.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

Nebetsu

Harbinger
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2007, 02:11:16 am »
File sizes mean nothing unless you plan to actually emulate the games, something the DS is completely underpowered for.  Super Mario 64 DS was more than just a port.  They redid the textures, the audio, the input, and basically made an entirely new game that merely looked and felt like the old one.  In the end, the DS version took up more space than the N64 one even though everything was compressed.

Sure, the three Zelda ones could share many resources, but even then Nintendo would have to remake the games entirely, which is probably not something they're looking forward to doing, especially considering how much more complex those games were than SM64.

As for titles to port, I'd mostly just like to see Paper Mario or Super Mario RPG (SNES) on there.  That's about it, really.

3D Super Mario RPG would be amazing.

• Yiddish Nebbish

uma

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2007, 02:14:49 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
3D Super Mario RPG would be amazing.

Ooooooh god DO WANT NOW! A full 3d Mario rpg game... Like... Legend of the 7 stars but... 3d... Now that would be grrrrrrrrate!
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2007, 03:17:53 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
Pokémon GSC remake. It's GBC and not N64, but it has to be made nonetheless.
Sir, i cannot agree more. That would be awesome.
I know this isnt completly related but id like to see a proper 3d pokemon game on wii. although i wouldnt mind it on DS. Itd be awesome.
check out dragon quest monsters: joker for nds.  i wants it so badly but do not have a ds T__T  the dragon warrior monster games were a staple of my childhood.
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2007, 05:52:01 am »
Also, Pokémon GSC remake. It's GBC and not N64, but it has to be made nonetheless.

Ahh, GSC. The best triad of Pokemon games, by far.

By far.

OOT doesn't need to be ported anymore; I've already played it so many times that I can't even look at it as the best game ever anymore. Majora's Mask? Yes. Pokemon Snap? No. Not unless they bring back those sticker machines they had in Blockbusters and what have you.

Bomberman Hero? Please.
  • Penny Arcade

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2007, 06:45:50 pm »
  • b e p i s
Perfect dark. Fo'sho.

With online play? I would die.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2007, 06:56:47 pm »
Oh yes, Banjo Kazooie would be awesome...
I have that game and I played it for 24 hours. Don't know why.

[Hoffy Edit: Maybe elaborate?]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 10:38:20 pm by Hoffy »
  • Phoenix Heart
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 64 queries.