Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nominations - May 2010  (Read 3233 times)

Nominations - May 2010
« on: May 29, 2010, 08:13:03 pm »
Yeah, if any of you are wondering the PotM article for FrozenFire is impossible to do because he isn't here and the PotM article for the Xfixium and team Dekunutz from a while ago was not even able to get started. I asked for help in the staff area for that one but the topic was completely ignored. Chances are this one will get no help either, and while it should go without saying, one person can't do everything, or when one person tries to do everything then everything suffers.

If there is anyone who specifically wants to do the Project of the Month articles for the site, they will be given the ability to do so. In fact, if there is someone who wants to do the articles in a different way than what has been presently presented, their way will likely be okay. Past infractions of the one willing to help won't even factor into whether they will get to do this either, only a genuine wanting to do this will matter.

If anyone wants to do that, feel free to post in this topic; posting either a nomination or vote though with your post would be helpful if you are going to do that though. But yeah, this topic is also for nominating the Project of the Month for the month of May. Nominations require 3-5 sentences, votes require 1-3 sentences.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:50:57 am by 4Sword »
Re: Nominations - May 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 09:05:16 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
I just read the PoTM article (because I don't usually...  :-\) and the opening paragraph was rife with jarring grammatical errors.  Some proofreading could do some good.  I also don't see the point in re-posting all the comments from the poll; it just takes up space and doesn't look good.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 03:06:16 pm »
  • .越//
But yeah, this topic is also for nominating the Project of the Month for the month of May. Nominations require 3-5 sentences, votes require 1-3 sentences.

I looked through the projects which had any activity in may, at all.

And I personally would nominate 3 Projects:

1. Drandula's Pandaman:  For now just a Concept but it seems like a fun idea an he's using his own 3D walking engine again. The Story "You are stuck with Panda-suit and Zookeeper tries catch you back to cage." feels like it has a fast paced action gameplay later

2. Fed's Defotrer: This game shows in his trailer an good black-/white action sidescroller with rpg elements which is really promising. Sadly you can see that some graphics are from Zelda.

3. ZFGC's GM Minish Cap Engine: Only possible in a month with very few project updates is that I would nominate the ZFGC-Engine just because Niek has coded a Menu-Engine into it now, bringing the Community Engine forward.

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 09:21:30 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
^ For the last time, 3D simple walking engine and OpenSource Zelda are different.
They may look alike, but checking code, you can easily say 3DSWE is much simplier.
Lets say, 3DSWE was done, because animation's editing was hard in OP Zelda. You have to edit codes the transformations from script. In 3DSWE you edit from object's End_step -event values of transformations. Also in 3DSWE there is just animating walking, not pickup etc.
Just download both and crosscheck them.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:23:13 pm by drandula »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 03:16:48 am »
  • .越//
i never said that you were using it for zelda

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 03:28:19 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
Well, actually...

he's using his own 3D walking engine again.

I mean, you may not have been referring to his Zelda project, but... eh... it kinda seems that way.
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 07:46:59 pm »
Tough one this month. From what I did see I liked the MC engine best because it's Zelda and because it did have some constructive activity. Hoping to see more from that one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.42 seconds with 50 queries.