Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Two manga girls  (Read 4128 times)

Two manga girls
« on: December 01, 2007, 08:05:04 pm »
First sketch

Final lineart

Which one is better? Comments + Critique please.
  • Virtual Security
Re: Two manga girls
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 08:14:34 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
The second one is better because it is more realistically proportioned, and shading helps too. :)
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 11:31:19 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
The second one is better because it is more realistically proportioned, and shading helps too. :)
agreed, and work on the face cause it needs it.  the head is tilted one way and the eyes are tilted the other way, and the nose is turned to her left just a little bit too much.  the neck is pretty bad and if you hadn't drawn in the clavicle lines on her chest, you wouldn't be able to tell she has a body 'cause the neck just connects to nothing.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 12:44:26 am »
  • Silly cat!
The second one looks pretty good, but I think you got the eyes all wrong. I also kind of think her nose is disproportioned in relation to her mouth, but the shading and general structure of the second drawing is much better than the first.

agreed, and work on the face cause it needs it.  the head is tilted one way and the eyes are tilted the other way, and the nose is turned to her left just a little bit too much.  the neck is pretty bad and if you hadn't drawn in the clavicle lines on her chest, you wouldn't be able to tell she has a body 'cause the neck just connects to nothing.
What looks wrong with the neck (I'm asking out of curiosity but you should've explained yourself in your post anyway)? Is that it's vertical? Or where it is in relation to the torso?

Hoffy.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 10:32:09 am »
What looks wrong with the neck (I'm asking out of curiosity but you should've explained yourself in your post anyway)? Is that it's vertical? Or where it is in relation to the torso?
Yeah, do you mean the first or second one and what's wrong with the neck if it's the second one Mitsuu? I'd like to know that.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 10:38:42 am by TheRealDragonboy »
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 11:52:08 am »
Hentai worthy to say the least. Good job. Draw more draw more!
the a o d c
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 08:18:59 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
lmao @ aodc.  The second one is def better though, keep it up

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 08:44:33 pm »
  • 笑い男
Second one's pretty awesome
but i'm not so sure about the face
the eyes seem to be better in the first though
rest of the second one is great though :D

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 08:54:49 pm »
The second one looks very good, though I think it needs more details in the hair (I mean; in the back part, not the front).
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 02:25:45 am »
Yeah, do you mean the first or second one and what's wrong with the neck if it's the second one Mitsuu? I'd like to know that.
the neck isn't connected to anything.  you need to draw the shoulders or move the collar of the jacket to come around the neck.

this is something that depends on what style you like, but i prefer thicker necks as well.
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 06:27:45 am »
Personally I hate how everyone thinks they are the best artists around and talk about proportions.

Both look fantastic but the second is the better of the two.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 06:31:20 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Personally I hate how everyone thinks they are the best artists around and talk about proportions.

o.0

well actually, theres specific standards that are typically followed (I kinda like it when people step outside of the box a bit); and I think that's why everyone comments on proportions :P

Its like.. design the head, then multiply that by 8 for height, then build around that... I hate proportions XD I havent drawn something needing that sort of thought in a while... :(
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 02:34:00 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

Umm it's called critiquing O_o  No one ever said they were the best artist in the world.

On a side note, this thread title makes me think of 2 girls 1 cup.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 04:01:23 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.

Umm it's called critiquing O_o  No one ever said they were the best artist in the world.

lol  XD

I agree with you completely, the first looks like you tried to go too "stereotypical manga girl" and the second looks more like it could be an actual person.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 10:30:05 pm »
the neck isn't connected to anything.  you need to draw the shoulders or move the collar of the jacket to come around the neck.

this is something that depends on what style you like, but i prefer thicker necks as well.
It is connected actually. The line is more centered in the upper body and not precisely above it, the head is in a little lower stance than a neck which would on the top of the upper body (connected line). It's true that I've drew it in a pretty badly way, but I meant it good. (sorry I'm bad in explaining my drawings).

Thank you artillery! :)

lol  XD
Lol, what do you mean with that? XD
  • Virtual Security

uma

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 02:00:11 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.

Yeah, but there are artists like me and others that actually know what there talking about. Plus, you can talk about preportions just by looking at a fine-ass women... Know what I mean? :3

ANYWAYS, pretty much everything about the second has been said; Its much better than the first, and the only thing that needs fixing is the eye to the right(My right). More specifically, it needs to curce with the face, know what I mean?

The first... The head needs to move over a bit to the right, the neck is as thick as the stomach! The boobs(IMO) need to be pushed up a bit, and the left eye needs some slight fixage. More specifically, it needs to curve more with the face, know what I mean?loldejavu
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 02:03:25 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
I used to draw manga all the time. I was really good at it... I never ended up posting any here, I don't own a scanner. Practice more, it looks but over time you can get alot better. Try adding some colour. The shading is good though. Sorry to be so pessimistic.
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 08:18:59 am »
  • :3
like i already said the 2nd one is pretty good keep om and read the other comments ;P
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 04:10:27 am »

Yeah, but there are artists like me and others that actually know what there talking about.

egh, i'd say you don't have to be a good (or just a normal) artist to know what you're talking about, in fact, i have a lot of friends that suck but they'll point out mistakes in my pictures 'till doomsday.  and i agreeing with them.
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 12:20:31 am »
I used to draw manga all the time. I was really good at it... I never ended up posting any here, I don't own a scanner. Practice more, it looks but over time you can get alot better. Try adding some colour. The shading is good though. Sorry to be so pessimistic.
I'm not adding colours because it spends a lot of time, and I have to practice on my drawing instead of colouring and shading ;)
  • Virtual Security
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 78 queries.