Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Great White Dope  (Read 2570 times)

The Great White Dope
« on: November 27, 2008, 02:36:18 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
The Great White Dope

Character Biography
As prophesized by many ancient religions, there would come a day marking the Beginning of the End of the World. Some know it as Judgement Day, others as Duat and yet others simply as "the final hour". All religions tell a different story, but the essence is: those who have lead a life sinning all along will receive divine punishment, and those who have been faithful receive a place in heaven. This includes the deceased. In Christian theology, Jesus is the judge and the only one who appears at Judgement Day.

All the religions got it wrong. They were right that our time would not last an infinity, but they were wrong that all the deceased would receive either punishment or grace. The time of this dimension is almost up, and the Great White Dope is here to prepare all living inhabitants for the inevitable fate.

GWD's purpose is not causing the end of the world, nor is he even capable of this. As wise as the Great White Dope is, he has accepted this event is inevitable. He is more of a counsellor.

Well, the one day has come. The Great White Dope seems to hang around in our dimension, offering us some dearly needed advice. It is not known how much time we still have got left here. It could be weeks, years, decades or even a century but is evident the Earth has almost used up its time. He continuously appears in the dreams and visions of some world leaders. The Dalai Lama, King Mswati III of Swaziland and President of Finland, Tarja Halonen, are the only ones who have acknowledged these appearances. Only the Dalai Lama says he has embraced the teachings.

The three say that within these visions, they find themselves within an old chapel, overgrown with all kinds of vegetations. It appears that it has been out of business for at least a human's lifetime. Slowly, the whole world turns purple and the receiver of the vision watches as the vegetion dies, turns black and falls to the ground. In a matter of seconds. Then, the ground start to shake lightly, as if a light earthquake is about to take place. The windows shatter, the candles on the altar fall to the ground and a few tiles from the floor seem to disappear. Were the tiles once were, a gaping whole of nothingness is now visible.

Just as quickly as this weird process began, it stops. In the chapel is now a gaping eye, slowly fading into existence. A white appears around the eye shortly afterwards. This is the Great White Dope. Floating about two meters up in the air, he remains silent for half a minute. The receiver of the vision now has the freedom to look around in the chapel. The door is locked, so he can't escape. The windows are too high to reach. And everywhere he or she goes, the eye rolls to watch the movement.

Then, all of a sudden, the GWD begins to speak. Not verbally, but through apparent use of telepathy. The sound is soft and mysterious and bears similarity to whispering. He says:

"This dimension.. is nearing its end. Soon, the process of Disintegration will begin marking the definitive end of an era of this universe. I have just shown you what will happen. Time is drawing nigh. Everything will lose its substance and weight. I did not wish for this to happen. It is just the way it is. None of my kind or yours are able to bring this to an halt. The End will happen, and it is inevitable. It is not a pleasant sight to witness. I could know, I have seen this act a dozen times before. It is not a pleasant experience. I am here to assist your kind to get a painless departure. Whether or not that will happen is up to your kind. You have power of will. That means, you can choose to ignore me but that would be a unwise thing to do.

Here's the thing: the process of Disintegration is not merciless. It will first remove anything from the World that is pure before it destroys the rest. Do you get it? You will have to become pure to secure a place amongst the first to go. If your kind chooses to stay unclain, one will be forced to accompany the dark place which the dying dimension will have become until its final hour! Lead your people to purity! Lead them! Lead them!

Diminish their sins by guiding away from the Fallacies of Man! Greed, Indifference, Manipulation! These sins will need to be repelled." Then the GWD disappears.

In visions following the first one, the GWD unfolds plans how the respective leader can lead his people back to what he refers to as the Teachings of Old: Worship of Nature, Expressing Gratitude for Extracts of Nature and the Power of Honesty.

Apart from these visions, nobody has ever seen the GWD face to face. It is unknown if he even has a physical form. It's not even known if the GWD is even able to appear outside of dreams.

The Dalai Lama was the first to inform the world of his vision. Even amongst his Buddhist monks, there was disbelief. The Dalai Lama never condemned them for it as he acknowledged that the Great White Dope is, indeed, a concept hard to grasp. He's great, he's white, but he's not dope. His real name is unknown, but those who have seen him claim he's name cannot be reproduced by human tongue. The name was Great White Dope was then given to him in response to a pop song (Now you know the truth about the Great White Dope, this song doesn't sound so weird anymore now does it, huh?) and the fact that some pot heads claimed to have seen him. After an audience with the Dalai Lama, it was concluded that their description of the GWD didn't match his and thus were their claims dismissed. The name stuck, though.

The GWD's age and his descent are unknown. However, the Dalai Lama claims he is "baptized by the light of the Earliest Ignition — just as it was at the Dawn." It is not known whether the GWD is the only one of his kind, but within visions he has called himself "the protector of this universe", insinuating he is the only one mankind will ever see.

The Dalai Lama's press conference has caused quite an uproar in the world, even though he asked the world to stay calm. Many religious leaders said this was just another sign that Buddhism is not the true way of life, and many atheists said the guy was just a lunatic. But after Mswatii and Halonen came forward, many started doubting.

Halonen, Mswati and the Dalai Lama have scheduled to meet December 3rd in the royal palace of Mswati in Swaziland. It is speculated that the three leaders will unfold a plan for world purity on that day.

FAQ
Why is he white?
Who knows? Not humans anyway.

Art:
None. He is a mysterious character.

Signatures:

Updates:
28-11: New design! The GWD is now whiter than ever and his eye looks less pixely. A new signature has also been drawn. "Prepare!" is now "Fulfill a Destiny. Head the call [...]". Additionally, the background story has been expanded and improved.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:44:19 pm by NeoGeo-x »
My name is Pitt
Re: The Great White Dope
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 11:39:52 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
In preparation for its next fight, the GWD's story has received an update!

January 6, 2009
“No response”

It’s been over a month since December 3rd, when King Mswati of Swaziland, President of Finland Tarja Halonen and the Dalai Lama began their meeting. The newspapers were initially full of news concerning the Great White Dope’s message but as most people on the streets had never been bothered about the epiphany and remained uninterested in the matter, the media coverage calmed down quickly. Mankind, indifferent as always, has gone on with its usual business like nothing ever happened. People have shrugged off the caused confusion as some ill-fated attempt of some maniacal governments to stir media attention. So instead of working towards redemption, the people cursed at their governments, went to the supermarket and slept in their beds as they did yesterday and for all they knew will do so until their death.
But the Great White Dope’s message was not forgotten. Halonen and the Dalai Lama have since remained in Swaziland with Mswati, even though the governments of Tibet and Finland have demanded the return of their leaders. Although attention has decreased dramatically over the course of the month, the leaders still give daily press conferences. Yesterday, Halonen state: “As long as the world continues to ignore the news and fails to embrace its fate we will not return to our countries”, Halonen claimed firmly. “Of course I miss my family deerly but I am deeply affected by what the entity which has become known to the world as the Great White Dope has stated. I love my planet, and I love my kind. If it has to discontinue its existence, I want such an event to happen in a spirit of dignity”. She ended her speech with tears in her eyes. The Dalai Lama tried to comfort Halonen by putting his hand on her shoulder. He then proceeded to speak, unusually soft: “I know my message might appear to get repetitive on the 33th day in row we stand here, in the Press Room of Mswati’s royal palace but this issue is seriously lacking appreciation. Please open your hearts and minds to the words of the otherworldly prophet. Mswati, show the world one more time...”
Mswati nodded at the Dalai Lame and then walked to the white screen in the room, to let the world watch a PowerPoint presentation.  Today marked the thirty-third time he did this. Mswati took a deep breath, looked at the press (a bored audience) and proceeded to explain calmly what would need to happen. First, one should pick only his most valued possessions and take with him as much food and drink as he still had in house. He would then need to summon his direct family members and begin a pilgrimage. They should walk as far as the children’s feet would carry them, but ideally to a desolate place. Anyone who owned animals was obliged to release them. “This would be the ultimate way to return to the Teachings of Old. Any questions?” Mswati asked hopeful. The press – the ultra-small portion that still bothered to visit the press conferences, that is – was silent. They had nothing to ask. Not anymore. Not after seeing the show more than two or three times.
The three leaders now stood in the room, motionless and silent. The journalists stood up and exited the building. An audible sigh could be heard in the empty room as the wise leaders shook their heads. Why is the human race so indifferent?
My name is Pitt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 43 queries.

anything