Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

What style should we use ?

GameBoy (OoA/OoS, LA)
Mintish Cap/Four Swords

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGCCP!!!!!!  (Read 13496 times)

ZFGCCP!!!!!!
« on: July 22, 2009, 09:05:48 am »
Ok, people..... look. We got to get working on them. Theres only 2 months left until the NCFC 2009,  and the only thing we have is a ice-walking engine. We need help. I think we should stop Link's Awakening MC and work on a more original game....

Anyways, here's what we need to do:
~Decide the style (GB or MC) I think LTTP style is used too often.
~We need CUSTOM music. We have amazing composers, so this should be easy
~Mappers. We got tons of them. Now we need to decide locations for them to make. Each mapper should be tasked with an 'area' to create.
~The actual coding. I can develop the engine. I'll post it HERE when I'm done.
~Spriters. Create new enemies and tilesets.

Re: ZFGCCP!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 09:25:25 am »
The Link's Awakening MC part of the Community Project was arguably shunted by the lack of coders willing to assist with the GM Minish Cap Engine; and patience for a remake is always lacking, while lack of coordination for something original is always prevalent.

From a programmer's point of view the engine is also more than ice-moving in that I integrated Goodnight's code, made it more effective and simpler, and added variable movement speed to it in a non-jagged and effective way. My diagonal speed correction also is coded better than the actual Minish Cap's (in the actual game if you walk off the ice diagonally, your movement might act like stepping stairs, while mine corrects this).

But meh, if you want to do something besides this in this current board, I will not object so long as you work with a few others and keep it as open source as possible so that others can benefit and possibly bring that benefit to their own projects. Expectations are best tempered low though.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 12:29:35 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
As far as coding is concerned, I don't think I'd be helpful considering I barely know C++ and haven't even touched GM. I think what I could probably offer is promotional graphics/character designs. I think it would be interesting if we had some drawings to go along with the actual game. I'm pretty useless now with UI considering...it's a revamp of a game so UI is already pretty much decided.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 01:23:24 pm »
I would try concept art. What about a game that covers the Great Flood right before Wind Waker?

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 03:18:11 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I would try concept art. What about a game that covers the Great Flood right before Wind Waker?

Yo that sounds awesome. Sorry, I misread the original post; I would probably be down for an original game rather than a Link's Awakening remake. I would be down for doing some concept art.
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 03:24:12 pm »
Whatever happened to King of Thieves? I still dont understand why we replaced that with the LA remake. All was going well with that as far as I could tell except for the slooow progress :-\ My vote is to pick that back up.

Raen

Are you retarded or something?
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 03:35:36 pm »
  • I'm the gosh-darn Batman!
Personally, I feel like we should drop the LA remake idea and focus SOLELY on creating a high quality, open source Zelda engine that can then be used for various fan games.

www.myspace.com/applesofidunn

And yes, this is Acid Rain.
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 06:52:20 pm »
A few months ago it was decided to drop the King of Thieves CP and allow it to become a team project, because no one was working on it anymore. And thus the it became another failed Community Project. A reason for failure was the endless discussions about the story and how some gameplay elements worked. The lack of decision making eventually killed the project, because everyone moved on and went about with their own games.

Then a number of new and old members to ZFGC asked about a community project and also as an attempt to bring some activity to the forum. A vote was held to decide what to to do make an original zelda or remake one of the older zelda games. The vote landed on remaking Link's Awakening. Reason given for a remake was that a lot of design decisions were already made with gameplay, story and mapping. It therefore seemed to be the most successful to at least reach the first dungeon.

It was decided that the style would be minish cap, because it was the newest and the most fresh of 2d styles. It was also decided that the basis of the engine (MC style) would be coded by a select team, so we had a solid foundation to work with. 4Sword even had a topic where people could solicitate for a position. The engine would still be a lot of work, so the rest was put on a lower simmer. Eventually it was agreed to open up a board to get the resources like graphics and sound for the game together, but the request was that we would gather our own ZFGC resources and not just ripped it all from TSR, because they contain flaws. This coincided with Mamoruanime's topic to rip 2d graphics from the 2d Zelda's.

This is where it all halted once more. Not many people are ripping graphics now. To me it seems that everyone is happy to put puzzle pieces together, but not to get them.

In my opinion lets stick with the LA remake and start getting MC graphics once more. Because if this ends in a failure, I have little hope for an original game.

As far as coding is concerned, I don't think I'd be helpful considering I barely know C++ and haven't even touched GM. I think what I could probably offer is promotional graphics/character designs. I think it would be interesting if we had some drawings to go along with the actual game. I'm pretty useless now with UI considering...it's a revamp of a game so UI is already pretty much decided.

Because it isn't an original game it doesn't mean it can't use art work. Original LA is a lot different than MC. It wouldn't hurt to make some in MC style for the NCFC.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 08:35:48 pm »
My profession is mapping so I can go either way. Haven't tried MC style though. You've seen Koholint LttP, and if you like I can show a sample of GBC mapping.

If we stick to the LAMC, cool. I can do mapping but I'll only do it if everyone else shows progress on their part.

If we go with an original game, I'd say go with gbc style because

a) easy to code
b) easy to find graphics
c) easy to compose music
d) since everything else is easy the story can be the point of focus

Of course, these plans will only work with proper coordination.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:39:01 pm by Jeod »
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 08:56:15 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

Because it isn't an original game it doesn't mean it can't use art work. Original LA is a lot different than MC. It wouldn't hurt to make some in MC style for the NCFC.

Kay :). By concept art, I really mean characters and whatnot in an anime-inspired style that I usually draw in. Below is a photo of one of my original characters done for a game at school:

I don't have access to my other own ones but this is pretty much the style I usually draw in.

Jeod

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 08:59:26 pm »
^Vaati, in human form. I can totally see it.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 09:03:10 pm »

Kay :). By concept art, I really mean characters and whatnot in an anime-inspired style that I usually draw in. Below is a photo of one of my original characters done for a game at school:

I don't have access to my other own ones but this is pretty much the style I usually draw in.

Well, it will be challenge for you to adopt a certain style of drawing. Won't it? The picture is really "Wow". Only the hands are a bit weird, they seem to be a bit off. As I am a lousy artist, I don't know what it is that makes it 'off'.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 09:05:29 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
The hands are off LOL. I did that one slightly rushed. Usually I take more time on little details. I even hate my shading on the kilt, but hey, it was for a school project.

Trust me, I'm pretty versatile. I'll figure something out if we stick to Minish Cap style.

Jeod

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 10:22:26 pm »
Ok ok, let's do some brainstorming because it can't hurt, can it?

Vaati comes in, does some !@#$%, fucks Hyrule up, and then Link has to save the day!

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 11:14:50 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Idea: Let's not use GM
Idea #2: Let's use BlitzMax
Infini has joined the scene
I have joined the scene
Mammy has joined the scene
???
PROGRESS!

I mean, look at Zombie Grinder's process, if Infini can do that in a matter of days, then if we get him to help with the community project, it will actually get somewhere D:
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 07:17:47 am »
Idea: Let's not use GM
Idea #2: Let's use BlitzMax
Infini has joined the scene
I have joined the scene
Mammy has joined the scene
???
PROGRESS!

I mean, look at Zombie Grinder's process, if Infini can do that in a matter of days, then if we get him to help with the community project, it will actually get somewhere D:

Right, but I don't see Tim giving quite that much devotion to a community project such as this... :P

If I can dig it up I'll find the start of a story I made a year or two back for a game which sort of covers that. In a way it bridges a gap between MC and WW.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 07:24:14 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Moar LA style <3

Also I'm pretty suck @ blitz right now :P I get the general idea, and can make really simple !@#$% with it, but I'm not good enough to code anything really useful.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 07:26:06 am by Mamoruanime »

Jeod

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 08:04:26 am »
Well here's one option. The Festival Of Souls. It's in MC style and a very good original story.

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 09:22:23 am »
Are we going to change the CP again? Because if so, you might want to read up on previous discussion: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33669.0 and http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33617.0
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:24:06 am by Niek »

Jeod

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 08:58:16 pm »
Not necessarily changing it again, because doing so would acheive perhaps the greatest failure in ZFGC history: inability to actually progress on a single community project. However, to gain interest, new ideas are being proposed since remakes aren't very interesting to the developer.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 79 queries.

anything