Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with collisions in Gamemaker  (Read 1482 times)

Problems with collisions in Gamemaker
« on: May 01, 2010, 12:02:42 pm »
I'm having problems with the collisions in gamemaker. Two objects start an collision event but I don't see them colliding.

My main question:
Does rotation and/or mirroring of a sprite mess up collisions? In other words: does gamemaker take such things into consideration when checking for a collision?
Re: Problems with collisions in Gamemaker
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 06:47:29 pm »
No, I don't think so. At least it doesn't happen when you only mirror/rotate them in the draw event (I don't know another way to do this anyway). Attached is an example (in GM7) to prove it.

I guess your problem is something else.

It's also logical that way, because the objects are only drawn as rotated, but in the game reallity they aren't.
Re: Problems with collisions in Gamemaker
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 06:59:52 pm »
Thanks for the help. I'm not really clear on your answer, but the program shows that the problem is indeed in the rotation. (I'm not really sure if that's what you meant). I've attached the file after some adjustments. You now get a pop up messagebox the moment the two object are supposedly colliding. Looking at that you will see that the red and blue blocks are not visually touching. It is more like the blue box collides with the red block's original position (were it not rotated).

Ooh well. Guess I have a lot of editing to do to take rotations out of my program.

Again, thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 43 queries.

anything