Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time to A Link to the Past Style Project (Great Deku Tree Finished!)  (Read 243330 times)

Re: Teh Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of the Past
« Reply #360 on: April 24, 2010, 06:14:18 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君

Is he part hippopotamus?  What's with the huge mouth and super-broad nose?

<-Happy Mask Salesman's reaction to your sprite.
« Reply #361 on: April 24, 2010, 06:16:34 am »

Eff this guy, and I'm half asleep with blurred vision so I am praying it turned out decent.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #362 on: April 24, 2010, 06:17:18 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I think those are his eyebrows and the "nostrils" you see are his eye slits. Also, I think the mouth is wide to fit with the LTTP lumberjack guys
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #363 on: April 24, 2010, 06:22:59 am »

Is he part hippopotamus?  What's with the huge mouth and super-broad nose?

<-Happy Mask Salesman's reaction to your sprite.

Maybe he is part hippopotamus.

It may seem like a cop-out, but sacrifices have to be made to fit the simplicity of ALttP style. Exaggerated expressions and proportions give the sprite more character.. you can look at mine and instantly recognize him as the character he is. I could have went the route others have went and do a 4-6 pixel black or white smiley mouth, making it hard to discern if the character is even smiling or if his mouth is merely open.
« Reply #364 on: April 24, 2010, 09:14:53 pm »
another slight edit:

its not as happy looking as yours but oh well.

please let me know if you mind me posting these here.

btw, im loving your work yoshi. great stuff!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:23:25 pm by Skeme KOS »

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2010, 12:08:10 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
The problem is you guys are confusing his eyebrows with his eyes. The things you thought were nostrils are actually his eyes, and what you think are his eyes are actually his eyebrows.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2010, 12:49:31 am »
The problem is you guys are confusing his eyebrows with his eyes. The things you thought were nostrils are actually his eyes, and what you think are his eyes are actually his eyebrows.

are you sure, venom? because its kind of hard to read his expression if what you are saying is true. i mean, it takes me a while to get my brain used the placement of the eyes and eyebrows.
i think most people would read it how i did, which is bad if thats not what yoshi was aiming for.
« Reply #367 on: April 25, 2010, 01:00:04 am »
  • Team Dekunutz

are you sure, venom? because its kind of hard to read his expression if what you are saying is true. i mean, it takes me a while to get my brain used the placement of the eyes and eyebrows.
i think most people would read it how i did, which is bad if thats not what yoshi was aiming for.

I found that I read it like you did aswell.
« Reply #368 on: April 25, 2010, 01:01:42 am »
DJ is right and that's the only way I saw it lol
  • My Photostream
« Reply #369 on: April 25, 2010, 02:05:19 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I'm quite certain that the two lines above the mouth are nostrils, as Master Yoshi didn't dispute that when he responded to my post.  Also, if his eyes were that close to his mouth and his face was that long, he would look extra retarded-in-the-face.
« Reply #370 on: April 25, 2010, 02:56:50 am »
I'm quite certain that the two lines above the mouth are nostrils, as Master Yoshi didn't dispute that when he responded to my post.  Also, if his eyes were that close to his mouth and his face was that long, he would look extra retarded-in-the-face.

im certain too. although im coming round to see it how DJ sees it. still, i think most people will see it how we do. i guess we need master yoshi to put us all straight.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #371 on: April 25, 2010, 03:20:52 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
???

How can you think those are his nostrils? In comparison to the rest of the sprites, I don't think he would put in such an arbitrary trait in as a prominant feature. It wouldn't make sense to emphasize on the nostrils instead of the eyes, and I highly doubt he would have done that. You're all just looking at it wrong as DJ said.

In fact, when I saw that edit with the eyes as one solid line, it gave me one big "wtf are these people looking at?" reaction :x

As for not disputing it, he didn't even aknowledge it, meaning he probably either overlooked that or thought you were on about something else :P Not entirely uncommon with the interwebz

« Reply #372 on: April 25, 2010, 04:04:15 am »
???

How can you think those are his nostrils? In comparison to the rest of the sprites, I don't think he would put in such an arbitrary trait in as a prominant feature. It wouldn't make sense to emphasize on the nostrils instead of the eyes, and I highly doubt he would have done that. You're all just looking at it wrong as DJ said.

In fact, when I saw that edit with the eyes as one solid line, it gave me one big "wtf are these people looking at?" reaction :x

As for not disputing it, he didn't even aknowledge it, meaning he probably either overlooked that or thought you were on about something else :P Not entirely uncommon with the interwebz

which edit was that? and yeah, i wondered why he put in nostrils, when as far as i can remember, no characters have nostrils in ALTTP(because of the perspective and and style)
but anyway, it really does look like the eyes could be nostrils(because they are low down and horizontal, unlike most eyes in ALTTP which are vertical). im now at the stage where i see it the way you guys do, but at first the eyes read as nostrils to me and a few others.
surely you can understand that.
« Reply #373 on: April 25, 2010, 05:11:29 am »
Definitely not nostrils, guys. It's eyes, with raised eyebrows. Sorry if you can't see it that way, but no plans in changing a thing because I can see it just fine and think it's the best I can do.

And I haven't set the eyes too low. I emphasized his big grin, making the mouth much closer to the position of the eyes. So if you think it looks deformed or retarded, consider that.. I don't really mind if anyone dislikes it, but I have no plans for changes on anything except the hair.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 05:16:26 am by Master Yoshi »

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #374 on: April 25, 2010, 05:36:15 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
are you sure, venom?
I was 99% sure because any time RFO sprites, he sprites things EXACTLY how I would have laid them out. I think the same goes the other way around too.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #375 on: April 25, 2010, 05:46:05 am »

After reviewing my sloppy, half-asleep job I did last night.. I found things to improve upon. Fixed the arms, eyebrows, head shape, and decoration on the robe. Very satisfied. Now I just need Impa and Nabooru.
« Reply #376 on: April 25, 2010, 11:09:52 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Definitely not nostrils, guys. It's eyes, with raised eyebrows.

... Well good luck with that.
« Reply #377 on: April 25, 2010, 03:11:59 pm »
lol, yeah, have to agree that's what I thought at first. :X Great sprite none-the-less.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #378 on: April 25, 2010, 08:14:23 pm »
Definitely not nostrils, guys. It's eyes, with raised eyebrows. Sorry if you can't see it that way, but no plans in changing a thing because I can see it just fine and think it's the best I can do.

And I haven't set the eyes too low. I emphasized his big grin, making the mouth much closer to the position of the eyes. So if you think it looks deformed or retarded, consider that.. I don't really mind if anyone dislikes it, but I have no plans for changes on anything except the hair.

well, i think the sprite looks great. it just took someone to point out the fact that his "nostrils" were actually his eyes and his "eyes" were his eyebrows.
i can see it clearly now and it looks even better than the 1st way i read it.
keep up the awesome work!
« Reply #379 on: April 25, 2010, 08:28:55 pm »
I didn't see the hippo face until someone pointed it out. It seemed pretty obvious that it was eyebrows-eyes-mouth, not eyes-nose-mouth.

Rauru looks great, and much better with the edit.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 78 queries.