Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dinolfos Help/ Critique please  (Read 3591 times)

Dinolfos Help/ Critique please
« on: November 09, 2013, 07:54:03 pm »

Started this last night. I think the legs are looking pretty good, but once I hit the torso, it went downhill  :-\  Any tips?
References:

Re: Dinolfos Help/ Critique please
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 10:07:03 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
The way I've been doing my 2D sprites these days: I make the full outline first to get the proportions right, then I color it and add details, then I shade it (this is kinda actually part of the coloring and detail, but meh), and then I do any final touches I need to. That's the basic workflow I go with anyway.

You are pretty much making the sprite in parts. The problem is that you might end up getting proportions wrong, and then it's more difficult or time consuming to fix it, which is why I do a full outline first. That might help? But I'm certainly no expert on sprites; I just know what works for me.

I know it's not much, but I figured I might as well give my 1 and 1/2 cents anyway.

I do think the thighs are a little wide though, which has kinda screwed up the top, leaving no room for the arms, and it will make him seem stubby. If you thin it up a little, it should help, but I really think you should try to outline the complete form and you'll find it helps tremendously (hopefully).
  • My Music
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 03:44:53 am »
update:

Not completely happy with the head. The spikes are a pain and I cant get the teeth to show properly  :huh: No arms yet.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 04:00:16 am »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
If you're doing the sprites in MC style the I would suggest putting a little color to the outline because MC has dark/back colors on the bottom of the outlines and usually lighter colors near the top (but not like the sprites I've been doing where the Whole outline is "colorful"). I know it's not Really much of a tip but it might help.
The First Link, Was A Dark One... The First Zelda, Was Not Royalty... The First Midna, Was Still Torn... And... The Soul Of Ganon, Is Vengeful For A Reason.....

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 07:41:44 am »
  • Idk
I can take a look at this later today :)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 02:04:02 pm »
Thanks Sinkin, I'd appreciate it! Hadnt posted this here but I"ve done a little more with the sprite.

I smoothed out the head and made him a little taller.
@derv It's not sopposed to be MC style, I'm aiming for the same style as the Link sprite I'm using, which is an updated sort of lttp made by OSM. I think my main problem is that I need less black lines inside the sprite, but I dont know how to do that without adding another color  :-\
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 02:41:54 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Aaah, i see i see, well then i could suggest doing it in MC style then it Might make it easier to "translate" into the style you want, but idk if that would be more work than it's worth or not, but maybe Sinkin can help ya out hopefully :)
The First Link, Was A Dark One... The First Zelda, Was Not Royalty... The First Midna, Was Still Torn... And... The Soul Of Ganon, Is Vengeful For A Reason.....

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 09:51:17 pm »
  • Idk
Could have over worked it a bit, but at least it gives you an idea :')
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:20:21 pm by Sinkin »
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 10:46:28 pm »
ZoSo,
Did you finish the sprite?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 56 queries.