Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on proper way to make this look.  (Read 2081 times)

Question on proper way to make this look.
« on: November 24, 2013, 12:59:43 am »
Alright. quick question here that has been bothering me. i have a graveyard and to give it some effect i added the fog from lttp over it and it looks all nice and stuff. but it still looks sloppy. if you arent in the fog you see the edges and its all kicked out compared to the rest. and if you are in it you can see where it choppily ends. my question is how would you go about this to make it look nice? i cant just have the sprite follow link because then the fog will move with him and look stupid. i cant just smooth out the fog because it still looks out of place. how would you do this? My initial thought was to have a sprite of the fog growing from nothing and when you enter a certain radius(the graveyard) then that will play and soon turn into the fog, and i can then make it dissipate if you run out of the area. do you think that would look good or sloppy? also do you have better ideas on how to do this? im not sure how LTTP did their fog either. Screenshot just to show what i mean.
Re: Question on proper way to make this look.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 06:46:00 am »
I wouldn't suggest adding the fog via tiles.
What I would do is create an object and store the width and height of the area, draw the fog and increase or decrease the alpha depending on how far u walk in. That way it looks smooth when u enter the area and you can animate the fog too.
That's what I did, hope I gave u an idea.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:48:48 am by Embc93 »
Re: Question on proper way to make this look.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 05:13:22 pm »
That sounds like a good idea. Ill go with that then, for some weird reason i kept trying to find workarounds with tiles and i dont know why i didnt just make an object. but that sounds good to me, ill try that. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 43 queries.