Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stop Beating Yourselves Up!!!  (Read 1498 times)

Stop Beating Yourselves Up!!!
« on: December 04, 2006, 09:28:23 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Why does most of humanity belive in an almighty god who does everything for us that needs no scientific proof and hasn't made a big miracle in hundreds of years? Church services are basically there to tell you that you're insignificant and that everything good you ever did was because God actually did it through you. Humanity should be proud of all our accomplishments, but instead we just pin it all on smeone who most likely doesn't even exist! I say, stop beating yourself up and take pride in what humans have done (except for polluting n such, you can blame that part on god. lol) Discuss.
  • Lionfish Apps
Re: Stop Beating Yourselves Up!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 09:34:52 pm »
I see where your coming from, I do believe that religion is generally just a form of social control. However, this issue tends to get a lot more philosophical than that and your explanation is a gross over-simplification. Not to mention only a handfull of religions actually teach the dogma that you are criticising, don't throw them all into the same boat (so to speak).
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 09:40:10 pm »
Copy + Paste about all my opinion about religion on another thread, where I'm pretty sure no one has read it.

My opinion on religion is simple: I see religion as something totally useless and that just brings problems...
I mean, why? Why are we supposed to believe something we never saw? Something that it's like... the total good guy, then, when anything goes wrong: it's work from... the bad guy... and that's why Satan was "created"...
And what about that talk about: "We're all brothers", then who's my father? Of course that guy who lives in my house is just by brother and his sister wanted to have a little fun and called me their son... 'Cos my real parents are God and... dunno who... Still, I've never seen my real father, I don't like to flame, but, my real father is kinda of irresponsible, but that doesn't matter - it's stuff from the past... The thing is that now, I'm an orphan and there are two older guys who boss me around...
By the way, in a comical site, I've found both this cartoons, I may translate it:
http://anatomias.mediasmile.net/metodos.gif
Cientific Method vs. Religious Method
1. Observe the phenomenon
2. Formulate possible hypothesis
3. Test the hypothesis
4. Accept it (if correct)
-
1. Observe the phenomenon
"It was god."
2. Accept the hypothesis
There's also this one, this rules and it's exactly my opinion...
http://anatomias.mediasmile.net/guerra.gif
"Hey, you know my imaginary friend? He's Tobias and he's the best.
"Nope. My imaginary friend, Oscar, is way better..."
"YOU LIE!!! Tobias is the best! Take back your words!
And that's the basic explanation of the Religious War... This world can't be understandable.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 10:25:04 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Church services are basically there to tell you that you're insignificant and that everything good you ever did was because God actually did it through you.
Someone knows nothing about the Bible story of Moses.

Way to critisize religion.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 10:30:44 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
>_> Maybe I was exaggerating a bit... :P I no nothink ub religion.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 03:57:25 am »
Hmm...this almost seems like deja vu of a different debate. Oh well.

I don't think the argument is about whether or not God exists...I think it's about why people believe in him. I mean you can't exactly argue the existance of God...but anyway, I think that the people that believe in God just need something TO believe in. We all do. Some just find it in other ways, such as Science...which most consider a much more valid explanation. The God-believers don't NOT believe in Science, they just believe it in a different way...they don't use it to explain everything. There's no question of us being descendents of butt sex with retarded fishfrogs (Oh South Park...) in their minds, they know that God put us all on this world...and while they might accept the fact that there have been slight alterations within species...there's no widespread evolution like the Science-believers say. And they're fully okay with the fact that God created the world in seven days, whereas the Science-believers say it took millions of years, and a lot of shifting land...or something. I forget the details. And when something good happens to God-believers, it's a blessing from God...whereas the Science-believers think...it's...like...good luck. God-believers put their faith into the bible, and there's nothing more wrong with that than there is with a kid believing in Santa (I use that comparison a lot...), just like there's nothing wrong with putting all your trust that Science is the only answer. It's all just a matter of what you want to believe in...even if it is the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 04:02:53 am »
  • b e p i s
Whatever happened to feeling it in your heart?

I'm an agnostic. I believe in God, but I do not believe in the divinity of Jesus or any other prophet. I feel God around me, I feel him working in my life. If you analyze religion too much you tend to lose what it's all about in the first place. Shame on you.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 05:15:12 am »
Church services are basically there to tell you that you're insignificant and that everything good you ever did was because God actually did it through you.
Someone knows nothing about the Bible story of Moses.

Where in the story, the g-man does pretty much everything for Moses. 

lol.

there's no widespread evolution like the Science-believers say.

Yes, there is, lol.

And they're fully okay with the opinion that God created the world in seven days

Fix'd
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 12:24:59 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
There are enough topics like this
*locked*

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 51 queries.

anything