Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Homosexuality  (Read 14084 times)

Limey

Re: Homosexuality
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 12:19:46 am »
What I think is disgusting is that people are blaming all of this on hormones.

Don't you think there could be other reasons besides "simple biology" as to why they're gay?

Probably not...
I mean, it is all the classic nature vs. nurture arguement, but if social conditions have a major impact I think we would see a much more consistant pattern of who is gay and who is straight. Besides the fact that studies have shown that homosexuals do have different hormonal balances than heterosexuals...

I hate to say it, but you're right.  Though I think that ANYONE could be gay or bisexual, everyone is just raised straight, so that is what they know.
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 02:29:02 am »
  • The Broken King
Homosexuality? WRONG?

Excuse me while I recover from the very ignorance of that statement.

Whatever the cause of homosexuality, that doesnt' mean that they have less rights than the rest of us.

Seriously. Don't tell me, "Homosexuality is wrong because they don't have sex to further the human race." Most people, when they have sex, don't have sex to further the human race. Ever heard of birth control? Ever heard of abortions? Hello? If you really believe that, take a moral stance against the entire world and tell them that they can't have sex, unless they are making babies. It's not going to happen. People have sexual urges. ALL people. People have sex. "You're not supposed to enjoy sex." Gee, biologically, we're not supposed to enjoy alcohol, or drugs, or music, or sitting in front of a computer pushing buttons on a keyboard. We're not 'supposed' to enjoy pretty much anything but eating, sleeping, killing, and screwing. Those are our prime instincts.

Homosexuals take enough crap from people who have unfairly decided that homosexuality is in some way 'wrong'. I know quite a few gay people, and being gay isn't really somethign that I think most of them would go out and decide to do of their own free will. It's pretty terrible when your parents hate you for being gay, or when people tease you all the time when the only thing you've done is be yourself.

I can see, now, how homosexual marriage could be a topic where a debate was possible...but I don't see how this one could be. You may as well start a topic that says, "Black People, good or bad?" People are people. Stop trying to find some reaosn to feel better about yourself for fitting into the majority, and just accept that some of us are different.

It's people who make statements like this that make me wish I weren't in the majoirty.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]

Limey

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 02:30:30 am »
Homosexuality? WRONG?

Whatever the cause of homosexuality, that doesnt' mean that they have less rights than the rest of us.

Seriously. Don't tell me, "Homosexuality is wrong because they don't have sex to further the human race." Most people, when they have sex, don't have sex to further the human race. Ever heard of birth control? Ever heard of abortions? Hello? If you really believe that, take a moral stance against the entire world and tell them that they can't have sex, unless they are making babies. It's not going to happen. People have sexual urges. ALL people. People have sex. "You're not supposed to enjoy sex." Gee, biologically, we're not supposed to enjoy alcohol, or drugs, or music, or sitting in front of a computer pushing buttons on a keyboard. We're not 'supposed' to enjoy pretty much anything but eating, sleeping, killing, and screwing. Those are our prime instincts.

Homosexuals take enough crap from people who have unfairly decided that homosexuality is in some way 'wrong'. I know quite a few gay people, and being gay isn't really somethign that I think most of them would go out and decide to do of their own free will. It's pretty terrible when your parents hate you for being gay, or when people tease you all the time when the only thing you've done is be yourself.

I can see, now, how homosexual marriage could be a topic where a debate was possible...but I don't see how this one could be. You may as well start a topic that says, "Black People, good or bad?" People are people. Stop trying to find some reaosn to feel better about yourself for fitting into the majority, and just accept that some of us are different.

It's people who make statements like this that make me wish I weren't in the majoirty.

I agree 99% :D
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 03:48:12 am »
  • Huzzowee!
I will say this right now: you have no right to say that homosexuality is wrong. At all.

It is a personal choice, and is none of your business at all. Gays love men because of the same reason we love women, only they've got it going the other way for some reason. It's not a choice they make, it's who they are. If you say that homosexuality is wrong, you're saying that these people can't be who they are. All because of your own dislike of it. I remeber this other guy who said that certain people were not right... he tried to get rid of them. What was his name again? Oh, yeah: Hitler. You're discriminating in the same way, only you're not killing them.

With gay marriage, you can debate it because there are many legal issues and certain moral ones that ariseon eithe side of the argument, but it's never against the people themselves. Saying homosexuality is wrong is against people though. You'll notice there are no laws against people being gay. THat's because the government understands that they're people, and that their love is their choice. They know that they can't outright ban it because 1) You can ban something and all of a sudden people aren't who they are anymore and 2) You can't ban something because it makes people who they are.

Finally, if you believe it's wrong because they can't make babies, well then go fight contraceptives, abortion, and anything else that dissallows pregnancy/birth. You'll have a tough time there. You can't say that they're not making babies, so it's wrong without saying that everyone who doesn't make babies when they have sex is in the wrong. Why? That's discrimination. Discrimination is bad.

Endning note: No one else has actually agreed with you, and there's 2 pages worth of posts against you. Do you maybe think there's a reason for that?
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 04:05:18 am »
  • Credits to BaB
Endning note: No one else has actually agreed with you, and there's 2 pages worth of posts against you. Do you maybe think there's a reason for that?

ROFL 'coz you're all gay! j/k

Seriously though, after reading most of your comments, I have to say, the fact of being homosexual itself isn't wrong, bad, or anything. Still you have to push things to the extreme, what if the first men on earth were only attracted by men? There's always a balance in nature, and nature itself isn't perfect, far from it. There has been homosexuality for a lot of time on this planet, and I know it will persist until the end of humanity. Why? Because freedom is what makes a human, to be free to choose whatever you want to be and enjoy your life.

[off-topic] Oh and you might want to meditate this : Eat well, stay fit, die anyway. [/off-topic]
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 04:18:26 am »
  • The Broken King
Seriously though, after reading most of your comments, I have to say, the fact of being homosexual itself isn't wrong, bad, or anything. Still you have to push things to the extreme, what if the first men on earth were only attracted by men?

They weren't. the point is moot.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]

gm112

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 04:35:30 am »
i still think homosexuallity is wrong, its just the fact that its just wrong to see that.
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 04:42:58 am »
homosexuality is wrong it isnt rite

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 04:51:33 am »
I think you guys might need to say a little more and defend your argument instead of restating your point if you want it to float... >_>

Personally I think that being gay is fine. It's a natural thing that some people are gay and some are not, and they deserve the same rights as every other living breathing person, be they white or black, gay or straight, male or female, tall or short. Isn't that what the US is supposed to be about?
  • cpprograms
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 01:13:49 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
I think you guys might need to say a little more and defend your argument instead of restating your point if you want it to float... >_>

Personally I think that being gay is fine. It's a natural thing that some people are gay and some are not, and they deserve the same rights as every other living breathing person, be they white or black, gay or straight, male or female, tall or short. Isn't that what the US is supposed to be about?

I can feel some patriotic devotion here! We are not talking about the US, but about homosexuality in general.
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 07:04:31 pm »
  • Hello.
I dont have a problem with it, Id never partake in it either. As long as they dont force thier ways upon me then I couldnt care less if the screwed anything with a pulse.
  • My Myspace Page

Gilgamesh

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 07:16:07 pm »
Quote from: Gilgamesh
I see little difference between homosexuality and incest, pedophilia or bestiality really. I'm not saying it's morally wrong though.
There's a huge difference: the other three are sexual acts, two of which are legally unconsenting and harmful. Homosexuality is a trait, not an act.
Hmm, I worded that wrong. I did mean the act of sex.

Well, it's the natural attraction that is unnatural.
"It's natural, and that's unnatural". Make up your mind, please.
Being attracted to someone of the same sex, or to an animal, and such, is unnatural, in the fact that it's not a normal occurance in nature. It also does not have the main, biological reason of sex, to recreate.

Homosexuality at its roots is a biological error. It's not natural.
If it's biological, then it IS natural. Make up your mind, please.
See previous.

And hold your "Hey, but animals have homosexualtiy too." arguments away.
Why? Why shouldn't you own up to their validity?
1) I already explained that it's a biological "disorder".
2) Animals murder too? Murder is good because of that? Some animals are cannibalistic. Good? I'm silmply saying that just because it occurs in nature, it's not necessarily acceptable, to humans.

It's still an exception that has no benefit for the well-being and procreation of the species, and thus, isn't a "good" thing.
If you're thinking of telling us that you only want to have sex for the "well-being and procreation" of your species, that's untrue and you know it. First and foremost, we do it because we want to have sex, and whom we want to do that with is our own business.
Being attracted to people of the same gender still is something you usually can't decide on yourself. This attraction is, as I've mentioned before, against the main reason of sex. I do know that some animals have sex for pleasure or other reasons.

It's also very short-sighted to say that gay people can't procreate, and don't rule out adoption as a benefit.
I mean gay sex doesn't procreate.

My point remains; being attracted to a person/animal, that has, purely seen, no chance of recreation, is against the main goal of sex. It's not morally wrong or anything, but it still is a biological oddity, considering how genetics and evolution aim for the survival of the species.

Btw, I'm actually "pro" gay marriage or anything, so don't get me wrong. I have nothing against homosexuality and such, regardless of what I'm posting. :P (Goodnight, it's me, Dascu, don't be offended by what I say please) To be honest, I'm being the Devil's Advocate. (or whatever you call it)
I'm simply posting stuff that I've heard before, and I wonder how one counters this.

Oh, I forgot my main argument:
God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 07:21:56 pm by Gilgamesh »

stickman

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 07:39:44 pm »
first off you can debate anything where there is a difference of opinions, i think that it is "bad" because it goes against nature. im not sure if homosexuality is genetic i think it is a desicion that the person makes and it is wrong to openly make fun of that person based on that reason because it is a minority technichally and they are still human. it is ok to be against on a moral or scienetific level because thinking what people do to set them apart from the group (i did not mean that to sound like they just do it to be different) isnt being against people its being against the actions of people.Finally you cant change morals and thiis is mostly a moral subject so noone change anyones mind here,but im glad i got to see ur guys' opinions that was the main piont for the topic.

i know i lost the debate i couldn't possibly fight all of you with my lack of information proven by many of your statments.
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 08:06:00 pm »
  • Huzzowee!
homosexuality is wrong it isnt rite
Why?

i still think homosexuallity is wrong, its just the fact that its just wrong to see that.
So something is immoral because it disgusts you? Wow... you know what? I think that rapsberries are disgusting. Maybe we ought to destroy the world's supply of raspberries! Oh no, wait....

im not sure if homosexuality is genetic i think it is a desicion that the person makes and it is wrong to openly make fun of that person based on that reason because it is a minority technichally and they are still human.
Homosexuality is not a choice. The choice is whether or not to openly admit it. To be attracted to another person involves both social conditioning (as to society's definition of beauty) and hormones. A gay man's hormones are reversed from normal, so that are actually attracted to men.  That means it's who they are, not a choice. To say it is wrong or immoral is to say that they should not be who they are. And because it's who they are:
it isnt being against people its being against the actions of people
It is in fact against people. You're attacking who they are.

It is morally reprehensible to say that it is alright to discriminate against a group of people. That is what you are doing.

Finally you cant change morals and thiis is mostly a moral subject so noone change anyones mind here,
No, see, it's not a moral topic, it's an acceptance topic. Some people have trouble accepting those that are different from that majority. Also, you can change your morals. It normally happenes around/after puberty once you've attained the proper maturity to look at the world objectively and to decide things on your own. I can tell you for certain that pretty much everyone that's 18, maybe even 13, or older does not have the same moral stance on some things as they did either a couple of years ago or from when they were 6. Each individual person forms his/her own own conscious moral code based on reason and judgement. Without reason and judgement, morals would be merely instinctice and corrupt. In reading these, I was sort of hopin that your moral stance would change in regard to this topic. I'm not saying you can't be grossed out if you see 2 guys making out or something, because I think that it's nasty too, but just don't say they're wrong, and understand why they aren't.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 08:15:27 pm by Alex2539 »
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2006, 03:32:10 pm »
Even if it was genetic...I wonder why nature intended people having these feelings. Theres no result of reproduction or anything. Which is something nature wants I guess. Homosexuality happens with a lot of animals. And it does with us. We should accept it as natural and stop making such a taboo about it.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2006, 04:41:03 pm »
Even if it was genetic...I wonder why nature intended people having these feelings. Theres no result of reproduction or anything. Which is something nature wants I guess. Homosexuality happens with a lot of animals. And it does with us. We should accept it as natural and stop making such a taboo about it.
I wondered the same and agree with you.
I don't mind people having their own sexual intentions as long as they don't insult me with them. I got to admit that I simply hate it if homosexual men talk to me. And I know that many people feel the same, even though they pretend they don't mind it. I also hate it to be proclaimed to be homosexual. Simply because I am not, and it's disgrading, since many people are not serious about gay men. Keep talking that those people are idiots and that I should ignore them, but since I live with them everyday, there's hardly a way I can avoid them. Another reason for disregarding is the fact that the proclamation is questioning my personality and existance as a heterosexual man.
  • Me on deviantART

2awesome4apossum

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2006, 09:35:12 pm »
This topic was completely unexpected.  Anyhow, I try to keep this out of the 'gay marriage' debates that we have, but yes, I feel homosexuality is morally incorrect when acted upon.

Homosexuality? WRONG?

And what is ignorant about it?  It's ignorant to think differently than you?

So first you're telling him that it's ignorance to think that someone is wrong when they are 'different', now you're telling him that it's wrong for HIM to be 'different'?

Agreed.  They're people too, they deserve rights.  Did he ever say otherwise?  I think not...

Seriously. Don't tell me, "Homosexuality is wrong because they don't have sex to further the human race." Most people, when they have sex, don't have sex to further the human race. Ever heard of birth control? Ever heard of abortions?
You're implying that those are right.  Maybe he doesn't believe that.

Hello? If you really believe that, take a moral stance against the entire world and tell them that they can't have sex, unless they are making babies. It's not going to happen. People have sexual urges. ALL people. People have sex. "You're not supposed to enjoy sex." Gee, biologically, we're not supposed to enjoy alcohol, or drugs, or music, or sitting in front of a computer pushing buttons on a keyboard. We're not 'supposed' to enjoy pretty much anything but eating, sleeping, killing, and screwing. Those are our prime instincts.
Say I have an instinct to rape someone.  Should I act upon my natural human instincts?

And I was just being myself, and following my animal (read: natural) instincts by raping the woman.

I can see, now, how homosexual marriage could be a topic where a debate was possible...but I don't see how this one could be.
Agreed, I mean, it's impossible to debate morality.  Morals are definitive (may have exceptions, but you get what I mean).

You may as well start a topic that says, "Black People, good or bad?"
No, because note that he didn't say "homosexuals, good or bad" he said homosexuality.

People are people. Stop trying to find some reaosn to feel better about yourself for fitting into the majority, and just accept that some of us are different.
We don't have to accept people's actions, though.

You mean, minority?  Because you just said he was in the majority... <_< >_>

I will say this right now: you have no right to say that homosexuality is wrong. At all.
Yet you have the right to say that homosexuality is perfectly fine?  There's a falacy to be found in there (Srehp would be proud of me for using that word ^_^), it's like those who say "legalize marijuana, don't impose your morals on them!" but that's them imposing THEIR morals on us.  Don't tell him he can't do exactly what you're doing (just on the other side of the debate).

It is a personal choice, and is none of your business at all.
It's his business to establish what he believes.  It's his business entirely.  It's NOT his business to discriminate, but is he doing that?

Gays love men because of the same reason we love women, only they've got it going the other way for some reason. It's not a choice they make, it's who they are.
Prove it.

If you say that homosexuality is wrong, you're saying that these people can't be who they are. All because of your own dislike of it.
Yeah, I know... just like paedophiles who act with the conscent of the child... it's who they are!  They're just acting upon natural instincts!

Is self-control such a bad thing?  Maybe paedophilia's just as genetic as homosexuality!  Why don't we say that's fine?  Because it is viewed as morally wrong, and we feel the kids are not old enough to conscent.

I remeber this other guy who said that certain people were not right... he tried to get rid of them. What was his name again? Oh, yeah: Hitler. You're discriminating in the same way, only you're not killing them.
Or taking away rights.  He's merely saying it's immoral.  And you're telling him that it's perfectly fine/moral.  I don't get it.

With gay marriage, you can debate it because there are many legal issues and certain moral ones that ariseon eithe side of the argument, but it's never against the people themselves. Saying homosexuality is wrong is against people though.
Why?

You'll notice there are no laws against people being gay. THat's because the government understands that they're people, and that their love is their choice. They know that they can't outright ban it because 1) You can ban something and all of a sudden people aren't who they are anymore and 2) You can't ban something because it makes people who they are.
It's probably just because the government understands that it's a freedom, that we should not infringe on, unless it is affecting us DIRECTLY.

Finally, if you believe it's wrong because they can't make babies, well then go fight contraceptives, abortion, and anything else that dissallows pregnancy/birth. You'll have a tough time there. You can't say that they're not making babies, so it's wrong without saying that everyone who doesn't make babies when they have sex is in the wrong. Why? That's discrimination. Discrimination is bad.
He's not saying that homosexuals are bad.  He's saying homosexuality is bad.  IE. Abortion is generally bad.  Not the people who abort.

Because many of the mature people are probably sitting out (not that you people aren't mature, I'm just saying that many of them are likely sitting it out).  That's my guess.

If it's biological, then it IS natural. Make up your mind, please.
Never heard of a biological disorder?  It's an abnormal (read: unnatural) occurance.  IE. being born without a limb.  Not supposed to happen, does sometimes.

Btw, I'm actually "pro" gay marriage or anything, so don't get me wrong. I have nothing against homosexuality and such, regardless of what I'm posting.
And you are making a strong arguement.  It seems that many of these people in here have a siren that goes off in their head (thank you liberal media) when they see something like this.  "A minority could be offended!"  But since when does anyone flip out about a homosexual saying that hetorosexuality is wrong?  We all just roll our eyes because we have grown up.  It's not worth debating.  There's nothing wrong with thinking that homosexuality is wrong.  There is a problem with discrimination and holding major bias against them becuase of it (use righteous judgement, not promiscous).

I wonder how one counters this.
Well... no one's been able to do it! ;)

Limey

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2006, 09:40:26 pm »
Personally and morally, I see no issue with homosexuality or homosexuals.  I <3 gays :D

I have to say though:  Everyone has just as much right to be AGAINST homosexuality, as those who are PRO homosexuality.  I think people should be able to think and say whatever they want.  Though to act apon these things I DO NOT APPROVE OF.  ;)

Also possum, the part about rape:  Rape isn't consensual, but homosexuality is. :/

2awesome4apossum

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2006, 09:54:07 pm »
Also possum, the part about rape:  Rape isn't consensual, but homosexuality is. :/
Clearly, but that was not a part of my point.  My point is to be found in the text, not the subtext.

Anyhow, I think it's very important to understand that regardless of what we think, it's important to treat everyone like people.  They might be doing something that I feel to be immoral, but that's no reason for me to discriminate against them or anything.
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2006, 10:06:38 pm »
Oh, I forgot my main argument:
God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
Oh, really? Were you there? Proof please.
  • Google Profile
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 73 queries.

anything