Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [IDEA] Pirate Quest  (Read 1410 times)

[IDEA] Pirate Quest
« on: May 22, 2007, 02:57:14 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Note that "Pirate Quest" is just the working title.  It's a cel shaded adventure game using many of the graphical assets from “LOZ: The Wind Waker”.  It would be played with a third-person camera style.  Featuring five expansive levels, you must fight, sail and use platforming elements to get past obstacles.  Collect medallions to earn a mini-game.  The mini-game would be getting through an obstacle course, finally fighting a mini-boss all within a certain amount of time.  Unlockable on the chapter select menu.

The levels are presented as “chapters”.  When you complete one, the next becomes unlockable.

Level 1 - “Adventure, Ho!”
In this level, you start as an aspiring pirate that’s looking for adventure.  Once you find the pirates, you must go through their hidden obstacle course to prove your worthiness.

Level 2 - A Pirate’s Feast
In this level, you are sent by the pirates to go into town to ravage supplies.  Don’t get caught!  A cameo of Link should be in this level.

Level 3 - Set Sail!
In this level, you must navigate the ship, while the captain sleeps, to your destination.  Watch out for sharks!

Level 4 - The Legend
On the island that is your destination, you must find a map that will lead you to the treasure cave.

Level 5 - Treasure Cave
This level would be similar to a “dungeon” (like in Zelda) and have a boss, finally finding the treasure and completing the game.

There are two hidden medallions to be found on each level to unlock the mini-game.

Anyhow, that's just a rough-sketch and probably too complicated for what we're trying to do, but I thought I'd throw it out there nonetheless.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: [IDEA] Pirate Quest
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 06:22:34 am »
  • Silly cat!
I like it, but how possible is it?

Hoffy.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 01:11:17 pm »
I think it's realisitic if we lower the scale to maybe 2 levels, with less varied gameplay. :P
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 03:49:36 pm »
Or go for something even more realistic and just stick to a 2D mini-game style thing. ... Sorry I really hate to say it but the attention span of most zfgc members makes projects like this impossible.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 03:54:20 pm »
yeah, it seems to me that you're trying to reach beyond everyones limits.  Even in its simplest form, it'd be difficult to recreate the style of the Wind Waker.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 09:14:36 pm »
With the resources, it'd be very feasable graphically, and it'd be a relatively simple 3D game.  We could make it a one level thing.  But I agree that the 2D game would probably be more feasable.

However, I'm not too optimistic for either option, so I thought I'd at least contribute my two cents.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 05:25:44 pm »
Or go for something even more realistic and just stick to a 2D mini-game style thing. ... Sorry I really hate to say it but the attention span of most zfgc members makes projects like this impossible.

Not only that, it also makes them pointless. I spent months on a game and everybody gave up when they got to the second dungeon. "Oh no, I died, better not try that again". So yeah...even if you do finish, don't expect a worthwhile reaction.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 07:51:25 pm »
  • *whistle*

Not only that, it also makes them pointless. I spent months on a game and everybody gave up when they got to the second dungeon. "Oh no, I died, better not try that again". So yeah...even if you do finish, don't expect a worthwhile reaction.

No, that wasn't it... the reason why people gave up was because of something you overlooked in programming, which made the game very frustrating. If you fixed that, your game would be fiiiiine.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 11:36:15 pm »
You're the only one that complained about that buster.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 52 queries.

anything