Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] My PSP Project Collection  (Read 1567 times)

[WIP] My PSP Project Collection
« on: June 21, 2007, 04:08:13 pm »
  • Oh.
So anyway, I've decided to make a game where you draw by using the analogue stick on the psp, and control your character with the directional pad.  You can draw anything you like, and can walk on it.  The Draw-Play portion of the game is almost completed.  It even has a level editor.  I can't post screenshots for now, becuase I can't use the computer for a while, I've been programming this on TTLDE, a typing program for the PSP.  Its a real pain, but I got it down.  Its coded in LUA.  The Line Rider version of this game will play like the Line Rider game, and I have already got some of the physics system down, but all I need to do is make it so the screen scrolls with the character without screwing up the drawing, which it has been, and than, than I'll get some people to help me debug, release that as a collection of "line drawing games"?  And than I'll start working on my 3D platformer game for the psp.  I already got some platforms, and you can jump and run.  Yay :)

Progress:
Draw-Play
  Engine..........[|||||||||-] 90%
  Bug Testing ..[|||-------] 30%
  Levels..........[|---------] 10% (Help would be nice?  Anybody can make a level!)
Line-Rider
  Engine....................[|||-------] 30%
  Other (Secret ^_-)...[||||||||||] 100%
3-D Platformer
  Landing on Platforms..[||||||||||] 100%
  Collision On Walls.......[|||||-----] 50%
  Jumping...................[|||||||||-] 90% (I don't quite like how it feels..)
  Levels.....................[----------] 0%
Overall
  Progress..................  600/900

How to make a level for Draw-Play

Okay guys, I have decided to accept level submissions for Draw-Play.  Just open up the good ol' paint, set the size to 480 (width) x 272 (height) pixels and start drawing..

Black (255, 255, 255) = Walls / floors.. (Slopes work too)
Red (255, 0, 0) = Death when touched (Bad thing)
Blue (0, 0, 255) = You just won the level.

If you need another thing added for your "unique" level, just tell me.

(Please post some comments K?)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 08:37:39 pm by Downsider »
Hm.

uma

Re: [WIP] My PSP Project Collection
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 04:17:59 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Sounds... nice... but i'm anti Psp!

Good luck still though.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 04:24:26 pm »
So anyway, I've decided to make a game where you draw by using the analogue stick on the psp, and control your character with the directional pad.  You can draw anything you like, and can walk on it.  The Draw-Play portion of the game is almost completed.  It even has a level editor.  I can't post screenshots for now, becuase I can't use the computer for a while, I've been programming this on TTLDE, a typing program for the PSP.  Its a real pain, but I got it down.  Its coded in LUA.  The Line Rider version of this game will play like the Line Rider game, and I have already got some of the physics system down, but all I need to do is make it so the screen scrolls with the character without screwing up the drawing, which it has been, and than, than I'll get some people to help me debug, release that as a collection of "line drawing games"?  And than I'll start working on my 3D platformer game for the psp.  I already got some platforms, and you can jump and run.  Yay :)

(Please post some comments K?)

It Sounds good, I take it this will require a Downgraded PSP? I need to get mine downgraded.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 05:45:15 pm »
  • Oh.
Well, you can be using a custom firmware (I got 3.03 OE-C) or 1.5, and some others.  I know you can downgrade 3.03 too, but if you really wanna know and get all the downgrading !@#$%, the best site is www.pspupdates.com
edit: I'm going to focus on Line Rider now-  Draw-Play is basicly done.  The 3D platformer is coming along nicely, except for the damn fact that I need more models, and can't model.  All I have is a square thing and some platform things.  lol :P  But it works, that it does.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 05:50:38 pm by Downsider »
Hm.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 06:13:16 pm »
  • Oh.
Okay guys, I have decided to accept level submissions for Draw-Play.  Just open up the good ol' paint, set the size to 480 (width) x 272 (height) pixels and start drawing..

Black (255, 255, 255) = Walls / floors.. (Slopes work too)
Red (255, 0, 0) = Death when touched (Bad thing)
Blue (0, 0, 255) = You just won the level.
Hm.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 10:40:01 pm »
A sample level would be nice.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 04:08:12 am »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
this just seems like it should be for the ds , :P drawing , there is a ds drawing platform game coming out , but its cool idea , sold my psps

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/drawntolife/index.html
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 05:20:23 pm »
  • Oh.
this just seems like it should be for the ds , :P drawing , there is a ds drawing platform game coming out , but its cool idea , sold my psps

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/drawntolife/index.html
Funny, exactly what I thought.  I was in the process of trying to port it to the DS today.  How funny.  I think.
Hm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 50 queries.