Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graduation  (Read 1893 times)

Graduation
« on: September 16, 2007, 04:45:04 pm »
  • [sic]
I'm normally not into hip-hop at all, but I've got Graudation, Kanye West's new record, on repeat in my CD player. It's really good. I'm going to have to go back and listen to his other records.

You can stream it here:
http://www.muchmusic.com/music/firstspin/kanyewest/

'Good Life' is my favorite track.

uma

Re: Graduation
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 06:29:01 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Graduation is the best Rap album since Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor(Another one everyone must check out noa), ma dawg.

Good Life is an AWESOME track, but my personal favorite is Flashing Lights. Its so mystical and... just like cool. Champion is really good too... I love every track on that album... :3
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 06:36:04 pm »
  • b e p i s
I got the leak. It's truly an excellent effort from Kanye, showing again that he sets himself apart from other mainstream rappers.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 07:59:46 pm »
yeah.
I'm probably buying it today, but from the songs I have, I love it n__n

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land

uma

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 11:04:45 pm »
Oh and 1 more thing...

For those of you who hate rap and think that the genre should never exist, please don't post your close minded statements about how you hate rap. It would save those of us who do like rap a lot of trouble.

Anyways, pretty much every song on Graduation is like... Really good. The only one that I think is mediocre is Barry Bonds.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 12:39:13 am »
  • [sic]
Oh and 1 more thing...

For those of you who hate rap and think that the genre should never exist, please don't post your close minded statements about how you hate rap. It would save those of us who do like rap a lot of trouble.

Anyways, pretty much every song on Graduation is like... Really good. The only one that I think is mediocre is Barry Bonds.
I love Barry Bonds. I love how the line "here's another hit, Barry Bonds" is accuentated at the end by a blast of low synth. I don't like Drunk and Hot Girls very much, though. It's just too slow and too long to keep my interest.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 01:25:43 pm »
I love the song Stronger, and I'm not even into this Genre that much, stil llisten to it every so often. But more of a Metal head, me.

uma

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 01:21:02 am »
Stronger is okaaay... I found a lil' bit sad though, so I didn't listen to it that many times.

Thats why I like Good Life! Its so happy(Uma, incase you haven't noticed, is a very happy guy)!
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 06:59:34 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
When is he going to make a song about cars, bitches and getting drunk already? :(
I mean, he's a rapper for God's sake..
My name is Pitt

uma

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 11:56:04 pm »
When is he going to make a song about cars, bitches and getting drunk already? :(

... GTFO nao. Seriously. >:(

Edit: Heres a history lesson.

Back in the late 70's, early 80's, a form of music called rap came about. It involved people not singing, but reading the lyrics in a sort way while a sampled beat from a song played. People would read these words in rhythm to beat, thus rap, or hip-hop was born. One of the first signed-to-a-label rap groups was the Sugarhill Gang, who's well known for there hit, Rappers Delight.

Now, at the time, rapping wasn't about getting hoes, drugs and having tons of bling and all that !@#$%. It was about important things, like how the streets were full of crime, bad people and all that jazz(See, The Message, Grand Master Flash). Keep in mind, there were songs and artists like that later, but not just yet.

So, now we have artists like MC Hammer, Snoop Dog, 50 cent, and the late Tupac(May he rest in peace). This is were rap took a turn for the worst, in a way. Due to gangster rappers like 50 and Snoop, rap took an unfortunate turn for the worst were they felt neccesary to rap about prostitutes, sex, drugs and making alot of money.

Later, we have rappers like Lil Jon, Birdman, Lil Wayne, ect... making terrible, terrible rap. They rapped about what you think is rap, the hoes, drugs and getting drunk. They cursed in excess, mainly Lil Jon, were almost every line in the song had at least 1 bad word in it. Though some of them were catchy, hearing the same old topics being rapped about got old fast. It was also degrating to women and black people, projecting a bad image and influencing young children, both black and white, to growing up and living a life of crime and stuff.

Thankfully, with rappers like Talib Kweli, Kanye West and Common, we were provided with rap about important political issues. This is rap now, were hopefully we can get it back on track. Having more good rap than bad.

Phew... Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 12:10:26 am by uma »
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 12:10:47 am »
  • Wu tang Forever
I might check this out. I have never been into rap, but if it's done intelligently I don't see why I won't like it.
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 07:35:43 pm »

... GTFO nao. Seriously. >:(

Edit: Heres a history lesson.

Back in the late 70's, early 80's, a form of music called rap came about. It involved people not singing, but reading the lyrics in a sort way while a sampled beat from a song played. People would read these words in rhythm to beat, thus rap, or hip-hop was born. One of the first signed-to-a-label rap groups was the Sugarhill Gang, who's well known for there hit, Rappers Delight.

Now, at the time, rapping wasn't about getting hoes, drugs and having tons of bling and all that !@#$%. It was about important things, like how the streets were full of crime, bad people and all that jazz(See, The Message, Grand Master Flash). Keep in mind, there were songs and artists like that later, but not just yet.

So, now we have artists like MC Hammer, Snoop Dog, 50 cent, and the late Tupac(May he rest in peace). This is were rap took a turn for the worst, in a way. Due to gangster rappers like 50 and Snoop, rap took an unfortunate turn for the worst were they felt neccesary to rap about prostitutes, sex, drugs and making alot of money.

Later, we have rappers like Lil Jon, Birdman, Lil Wayne, ect... making terrible, terrible rap. They rapped about what you think is rap, the hoes, drugs and getting drunk. They cursed in excess, mainly Lil Jon, were almost every line in the song had at least 1 bad word in it. Though some of them were catchy, hearing the same old topics being rapped about got old fast. It was also degrating to women and black people, projecting a bad image and influencing young children, both black and white, to growing up and living a life of crime and stuff.

Thankfully, with rappers like Talib Kweli, Kanye West and Common, we were provided with rap about important political issues. This is rap now, were hopefully we can get it back on track. Having more good rap than bad.

Phew... Hope this helps.
and mos def o:<

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 08:16:28 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
My problem is with the gangsta rap (which Kanye doesn't do, and I like him for it) and what I call 'speedrappingatspeedbeyondhumanbeliefseriouslywhenthefuckdothesepeoplebreath?'.

Rap you can understand, and is about important stuff, I like. Sad songs > Happy Songs IMHO, so if it's sad rap that's also okay.

Personally I'm more of a Rock/Metal Person.

uma

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 10:04:17 pm »
My problem is with the gangsta rap (which Kanye doesn't do, and I like him for it) and what I call 'speedrappingatspeedbeyondhumanbeliefseriouslywhenthefuckdothesepeoplebreath?'.

Rap you can understand, and is about important stuff, I like. Sad songs > Happy Songs IMHO, so if it's sad rap that's also okay.

Personally I'm more of a Rock/Metal Person.

OMG OPINION ZFGC CAN'T HANDLE DOSE DOES NOT COMPUTE

Anyways, speed rapping is a problem in ganster rap. Especially with 50 cent, with from the stuff I hear from him, he tries to fit too many words into a single line, thus making it sound a lil off beat and silly in a way. Though mainly in his song "I get money"(Gee what could that be about?). Yes, to have a fair, unbiased opinion, I listened to 50. At least I tried... It sucked pretty bad so I uh... Stopped listening.

Oh well.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 11:52:24 pm »
UMA.

This is the part where you say, O:, my bad, HOW COULD I FORGET MOS DEF.

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 04:46:12 pm »
  • :3
I've listened to it, and it's quite good.
Gannon-banned brother.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 66 queries.

anything