Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Do you go for the Liberal Party or the Labor Part

Liberal
Labor

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Liberal or Labor  (Read 1431 times)

Liberal or Labor
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:34:59 am »
This is the offical debate over whether a Liberal or Labor government is better, in terms of policy.
To put this in american terms, the Liberal Party is similar to the american Republican party, and the other major party, the Labor Party, is a more left-wing version of the Republican party, in terms of social policy, but similar to the Democratic party in economic policy.

I go for the Liberal Party, because of its more conservative policies on family and society, also because their economic policies actually run the country without ruining it. Liberal operates under a budget surplus policy, while Labor just spends  and spends, eventually leaving the country in termoil, with record high interest rates, and up to 30% unemployment (back in the 1980s). Sadly, Liberal lost in the federal election, taking with it the WorkChoices legislation, and a great leader, PM Johnny Howard, who also lost his seat in parliament aswell, meaning he after he lost he didn't even stay as the opposition leader. Johnny H as they call him, was the PM for over 11 years, and held his seat as the local member for Bennelong for 33 years (since 1974).

Having said that, the new PM, who is Labor, is a nice guy ,and a Christian which is good, and hopefully due to that his policies might be more inline with former liberal policies regarding society. As for the economy, well... its not in the best hand is all I can say.
Re: Liberal or Labor
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 11:00:26 am »
There's an economic downfall that will happen regardless of whom is in office, it's bound to happen with the rise and oil costs and the credit market about to catch on fire. I can ensure you democratic (labor) or republican (liberal) would not matter for the over all picture. Smaller economic twists can be made at that level, but not something that is going to happen world wide, thats uncontrollable, and is the cause of us being far too dependent on credit (money that we actually don't have).

I did a bit of pondering earlier, seeing that the Japanese Yen has fallen quite a bit over the last year. Upon Nintendo Wii's launch the Japanese Yen was roughly around the 120 Yen to 1 US Dollar mark, at the rate the dollar is dropping (which causes the Yen to reduce in price) Nintendo is loosing roughly 2750 Yen on every American Wii Sold (roughly 25 dollars). Nintendo Wii's are priced at 250 dollars in the US, which was 30,000 yen at 120 Yen per dollar, with the Yen being at 109 per dollar, that leaves the Wii's at 27,250 (where the 2,750 yen comes from). :( It's not a pretty picture.. I'm willing to bet the price in consumer goods from Japan (specifically electronics) will rise considerably to keep companies from having move their 'bottom line'.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 08:12:30 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
XD I love how Usonian liberal has such a vastly different description then the other liberal branches in the world :P

In Australian politics, I choose Liberal. Mainly because at a glance, it doesn't seem like the Labor party would guide in the proper direction. But again, I'm not Australian :P and I dont know Australian politics XD
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 08:44:23 am »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
According to what my parents have told me, Labor didn't do a good job running the country and yes they just wasted a heap of our money.

I'm not sure about the new government, Rudd...the name sounds like Rudder and there is something not right about that guy...he just may as well be an alien living in human flesh. I just have this gut feeling that he isn't who he says he is, and if my stupid meaningless theories about him are right...about 99% of his voters will be deceived and well...when his true identity is revealed we just may discover what's behind the mask.

I'm with redding, I go for Liberal...no idea why but they seemed to do a decent job. When the nation cries out for Johnny he just won't be there, and we'll all be stuck with the BIGGEST scam in Australian history. Maybe I've just watched too many movies and shows where the bad guys are in the recently elected government party and such :P.

Then again, I know I could be wrong, but I still think we'd do better under Liberal.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 08:46:30 am by HyperKnight32 »
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 12:36:05 pm »
  • I need something new to put here...
Actually, the scary thing is, they're isn't really a left or right wing anymore, they're so similar it's not funny.

And in all honesty, government is the most !@#$% up thing in the world. Especially the fact that we need leaders. It's all !@#$%. I mean, why not just have one inner party group, and when we have a decision to be made, poll the public. Have representatives for the country to go to UN conferences etc. Instead of having one man/woman making decisions on our behalf. Only really caring about the public when it's election time, in which they make every promise they can to stay in power, then they !@#$% around for the rest of the term until the next election.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 46 queries.