Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Hoffy Review: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.  (Read 17196 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: A Hoffy Review: The Legend of Zelda: Twiligh...
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2008, 08:41:54 am »
  • Silly cat!
btw Domo your avy kinda scares me. :-\
I know, isn't it great? Wilford Brimley is the man, his diabeetis testin' supplies can help you live a better life!
[/off-topic]

Hoffy, you said you'd like to see more users posting reviews right?  I've been meaning to write a review of Ratchet & Clank Future as well as a preliminary review of the PS3.  Is that cool with you?  I'm not trying to "steal your thunder" or whatever that expression is.
[/partial off-topic]
That'd be great. It'd be especially awesome if you could present it the way I do :D.

But if you don't want to, that's cool too.

Maybe if I get enough people into the "review scene" we can start doing those discussion-type reviews over MSN, or other IM service (that is, if people have played the same game).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:43:50 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2008, 10:06:06 am »
you should try a podcast video style review, I'll join in the discussion if you'd like, we can discuss the game n !@#$%, then decide a score.
Slap on some video footage to relate with whatever we're discussing and BYAAH
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2008, 12:24:58 pm »
nice idea... the ZFG community should review more games.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2008, 06:16:53 pm »
  • b e p i s
you should try a podcast video style review, I'll join in the discussion if you'd like, we can discuss the game n !@#$%, then decide a score.
Slap on some video footage to relate with whatever we're discussing and BYAAH

Dude, I'm down too. Also voice podcasts are good.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2008, 10:35:02 pm »
  • The Mike
Twilight Princess seemed like a better title before it came out. Earlier screenshots like the Hyrule Castle Town with the brown looked neat, but that's just me. I don't see why Nintendo had to mirror the Wii Version. All they would've really have to do is, in the game, it asks if you would preferred to be left-handed or right-handed. With that method, people who are left handed who play hold the Wii Remote in the left hand can play like that. They could have done that for the Gamecube Version as well if anybody prefers left or right, but Link is a left-handed guy, so that kinda ruins the whole purpose.

The graphics may look outdated because the game was released in 2006 and the game still looked the same since it a trailer was revealed in 2004. The graphics may not have looked outdated in 2006, but it's 2008 now. New games have come out with impressive graphics so that's something to look into.

The game is definitely less than 20 hours without side-quests. The game with side-quests is 30-40 hours. It's not a 50+ hour game. If you're n00b, then it is a 50+ hour game for you. The first time I beat it, I did it in 36 hours. The second time, I beat it in 18 hours. If you skipped all the skip-able cutscenes, it would probably take off 5-10 hours. Well again, that's just me. The music does sound great but if it were orchestrated, then it would have been top-notch. Super Mario Galaxy's music was orchestrated, I don't see why Nintendo doesn't do that for the next Zelda for Wii.

The storyline seemed so good when you first played through it. After my second time, it seemed too boring. All your doing is collecting fused pieces for Midna, then after, you find pieces of a mirror and after that, you suddenly get fused pieces back. I think it was too generic of a story. The Twilight Realm was really annoying when you can find the tears of light. You had to search everywhere and you couldn't even warp so you had to run everywhere, well, for the Lanayru Province.

Gameplay-wise, still the same, but it never gets old. I've only played the Wii Version, but I'm pretty sure it would be the same but with TWW-styled controls. Now, this is where the game annoys me. There are practically no sidequests in this game. The whole game is basically dungeon to dungeon. Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker are the masters of Zelda sidequests since they had so many. Twilight Princess however only has a few. The Hawkeye is the most useless item in the game. You don't even need it to beat the game and it doesn't fit into any dungeon or anywhere else in the game. Magic Armor is only needed to survive a few rooms in the cave trials (forget the name) in the Gerudo Desert. Collecting Poes is a waste of time but it can be fun at time. Fishing is one of the best parts in the game. It's all worthwhile because it's Fishing.

Lastly, the overworld. When Nintendo surprised us saying that there would be 5 different sections of Hyrule Field, I'm sure a lot of people were excited. But after seeing everything, you might have noticed that the the overworld is huge but with nothing to do. Take the Eldin Province of Hyrule. It's just a big area with water, fence, and nothing else. In Ocarina of Time, Hyrule Field actually had a bunch of hidden thing, but with this giant Hyrule Field in this game, all you do is run (or ride) through and observe the scenery. Well, that's what I think about this game. Oh yeah, the game was originally supposed to be more in depth and harder but Nintendo changed that due to the new "core" audience with the Wii now. I'm sure I could made my own topic but I thought you guys could have more thoughts to think about. I'm sure some of you may agree and disagree but face the facts or myths, the game just isn't as good of an experience like Ocarina of Time, in my opinion.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2008, 01:00:09 am »
I don't see why Nintendo had to mirror the Wii Version. All they would've really have to do is, in the game, it asks if you would preferred to be left-handed or right-handed. With that method, people who are left handed who play hold the Wii Remote in the left hand can play like that. They could have done that for the Gamecube Version as well if anybody prefers left or right, but Link is a left-handed guy, so that kinda ruins the whole purpose.
since most people are right handed with the wii remote, they decided link should be right handed so it would feel more natural to play.
now, you simply cannot just flip link, and not flip the world, think about it, you can't have a right handed link in a world designed for a left handed link.
Think about all the cutscene animations they'd have to re make, think about simple !@#$% like opening the doors, I doubt any serious problems would've been caused, but the easiest, smartest, and best way to avoid any problems was to flip the world too.
And you know perfectly well that having the world flipped doesn't matter anyways.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 46 queries.

anything