Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Zelda Fan Game [Ideas] - Part I  (Read 1786 times)

Random Zelda Fan Game [Ideas] - Part I
« on: February 27, 2008, 03:25:24 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I used to do a lot of this, so I have a lot to say, mind you.  That's why I'll be posting my "ideas" little by little.  Note, there are some cancelled projects (like Paper Zelda- which was wonderful, because it reminded me of ZelDoom) that I'll probably be mentioning in there with my little twist on things, but as for now, here's just a couple of things that I've always wanted to do...

Zelda - The Cartoon Adventures

It's a very basic idea, take the 13 cartoon episodes and turn them into side-scrolling games.  (There could be a small amount of video clips, as ZU has the divx versions, and GM supports .avi files.)  After a basic engine was created, they could easily be released a week or so at a time.  It would be mostly action-adventure, but I think it could turn into good fun.

The Legend of Zelda: Sword of Power [3D]

This is a 3D-style game that was in-the-works, at one point.  The only part I've released of the story:

In the land of Hyrule... darkness stirs.

Princess Zelda dwelt in Hyrule with her father, the king, living happily for many years.  When the king passed away, he left the rule of his kingdom to her.  She was a just ruler, but darkness crept into her mind.  She grew sleepless, many nightmares occupying her dreams.

The Khepri, a mysterious people, traveled from their desert homeland to the land of Hyrule and lived in harmony with the Hylians for many years.  A dark god was rumored to have destroyed the lands which were once their home, but none dared to speak of it, save it were Linn, the Khepri’s High Priest.

In the midst of their peaceful lives, the princess one day vanished.  With a great burden put on his shoulders, and with the grief occupying his mind, Linn began to act strangely.  The people needed relief and guidance more than ever before.

Link, a wanderer, ventured into the land.  On the outskirts of Hyrule, he stumbled upon Zelda’s nursemaid Impa.  She told him of Ganon and how he secretly invaded the castle.  Princess Zelda, in her foresight, divided the Triforce of Courage (of which she was caretaker of)  into three pieces and hid them in the deepest, darkest places of Hyrule.  Impa was only just able to escape when Ganon and his minions captured the princess.  However, because of the seriousness of her injuries, she requested that Link to find an herb deep within the woods to cure her.  Link agrees to this mission and sets off on his quest.  Link agrees to this mission and sets off on his quest.

He starts the quest without a sword, so he must run from any unfriendly creatures until he stumbles upon a cave which contains the legendary Master Sword.  The ancient relics surrounding the sword explain the sword’s marvelous story.

With his newfound sword, Link battled his way through the forest, managing to find the herb being guarded by an ancient forest demon.  He slays the demon to claim the herb, quickly rushing to find Impa.  He gives her the herb, but to no avail, as she passes away in his arms.  He last piece of counsel is to seek out and find Linn for help on his quest.

As Link searches for Linn, he becomes acquainted with the Khepri.  After exploring the town outside of Hyrule Castle, and listening to the concerns of the townspeople, he finds Linn and asks for his help on his quest.  Linn betrays Link, calling him an enemy, and a threat to Ganon’s plan, rendering him swordless.

Link escapes and heads off to the forest to find the first piece of the Triforce of Courage.  Upon his journey into the forest, he finds some old ruins.  In the midst of these ruins lay the Sword of Power.  While it is unclear, what this sword’s power is, the ruins do mention that it takes upon itself a different form to it’s essences.

Link heads into a door found in the middle of these stone castle ruins...

Obviously there's much more story than that, but I've never given it all away (and with the additions Uppy made, I've never quite caught up to updating it).  Let me explain how this works with the gameplay: the first section is a nice little training section, where you find a sick Impa who needs a potion, you find a sword in a cave, going through the forest and fighting an evil demon who stands guard over the herbal remedy (or potion) Link needs.  After this, he goes back, Impa dies, the villagers he's acquanted himself with think he's a traitor (see Lynn's betrayal in the above story) and he goes off to find the Sword of Power.  He first goes through a forest dungeon where he finds the first "essence" (or power of the sword).  There is also a fire and ice dungeon.  The essenses found include the power to cool objects, melt objects and slice through hard objects.  Very basic Zelda-like stuff.  Anyway, there's also a desert dungeon.  Link is trying to find the Triforce of Courage, and there's four pieces scattered throughout these four dungeons.  The last dungeon is where the final showdown with Ganon will take place and all essences must be used.

It has a very basic layout, because I wanted to realistically make a 3D Zelda game (obviously, it's inspired very heavily by the old "Biyu Biyu Rocket" game, that I believe was never released, although they did have a dungeon demo, which was outstanding).  I'm trying to contact Uppy to see if I can get ahold of all of our current files (I was cut out of the programming job into the merge of mine and his projects).  If you want any more story/layout information you'll need to contact me personally and give me a good reason as to why I should share it with you. ;)

[Note: It was being made using 3D GameStudio A6, now with the release of LiteC and A7 it will be more easy to bring to reality.  Unfortunately, I don't have the money to update, and I still need the files from Uppy. :P]

Zelda Game & Watch: Remake

Basically, it's just an updated version of the G&W game, with modern graphics and simple gameplay.  Wouldn't be a bad idea for the first project, assuming you have access to Game & Watch Gallery 4 (if you need the save file to unlock it, I can point you to where one is for the EU version) and something simple like Game Maker.

The Legend of Zelda: Quest for the Triforce

This is a BS Zelda-esque style game, the project that evolved into SoP, and the only project that's been *mine*.  No one wants to make a BS Zelda-esque style game, but contact me if you ever do... I think I have some ideas that could help out.

Caela

Re: Random Zelda Fan Game [Ideas] - Part I
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 10:28:22 pm »
I'm pretty sure the Zelda cartoon series is too lame to make into a game. One thing I've been doing is making characters who live in Hyrule and write short stories about them. Maybe I can post a few and if anyone wants to make a game out of them they can with my permission.
Re: Random Zelda Fan Game [Ideas] - Part I
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 11:27:00 pm »
Please don't grave dig.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 40 queries.