Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All Moral philosphies are the end justifies the means, just worded differently.  (Read 2977 times)

All Moral philosphies are the end justifies the ...
« on: July 25, 2008, 06:08:30 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
In other words, they don't believe the end result of x is enough to overcome the end result of y that is the action itself.

So if a politician is assassinated, for example, to prevent a war and save countless lives, then they aren't saying the means of killing him doesn't justify the end of saving all those lives, but they are saying the end of him dying isn't enough to out-weight the end of saving all those lives.

Discuss.
Re: All Moral philosphies are the end justifies ...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 06:23:48 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
What immediately entered my mind was this quote from Ghandi:
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 07:33:34 pm »
  • b e p i s
"Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of any other, always at the same time as an end and never merely as a means to an end."

-- Immanuel Kant

well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 10:01:02 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Deontological ethics can blow me. I would shoot my own mother if it meant stopping a war in which thousands of people died.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 06:03:05 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Deontological ethics can blow me. I would shoot my own mother if it meant stopping a war in which thousands of people died.

Of course I doubt such a situation would ever arise for you...unless your mother is some kind of evil genius?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 10:39:10 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Something like that. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I brought of Deontology, because they are more about "Don't getcha hands dirty" than "Let the end justify the means".
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 48 queries.

anything