Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To everyone who's whining:  (Read 4515 times)

To everyone who's whining:
« on: December 22, 2008, 12:28:42 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Chill. I'm doing things the way I am for a reason. I want to keep things as fair as possible, and in a real competition, stuff generally works like this. The way things go will change in each round, for example, round 2 fights will be up for closer to 4-5 days and voting will be totally anonymous as opposed to how it is in Round 1 where you can change your vote and see how everyone else is voting. The reason for this is because Round 1 is effectively prelims, which are taken a lot lighter in any competition than later round matches.

Don't like how its different than usual? Too bad. We get it that you don't like it, even if you're not giving reasons other than WELL IT USED TO BE LIKE THIS... Everyone's gonna get a chance to vote, and that's what matters to me.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
Re: To everyone who's whining:
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 01:16:15 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
With this plan... round 2 will take 20-16 days, another 12 for the rest of prelims, another 10-8 at least for semi's and another 4-5 for the grand final match...

All together, 40-47 days more to go, Character Competition 2008 ends in Febuary 2009.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 01:20:48 am »
  • Minalien
I congratulate you on your ability to add, Vandavil.

Competitions take time, and this is how he has set things out. He is the one running the competition, and to be honest, I don't see why it's a big deal; it gives the community something to do for at least a month or two yet.

Thank god that at least one person on this forum has the balls to to stand up for the way they're running something.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 01:20:56 am »
12 days to finish prelims
16 to finish semi's
5 days to finish final.

33 days. About a month. As opposed to finishing two weeks earlier. However, we started this thing late enough it really shouldnt have been called Char Comp 08 anyway, and it won't take *that* much longer. Have some patience and let everyone vote.

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 01:48:05 am »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
!@#$%, this thing is going to last that !@#$% long?
* Aliento loses interest

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 08:00:19 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
Thanks Min, as it seems walnut can't. :P He forgot about the other two matches to take place before the finals. Walnut, we have the prelims, which take it to 8 contestents, then the next round to take it to 4, then another to take it to two, then the GF for the winner. :P
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 07:49:44 pm »
  • Minalien
Thanks Min, as it seems walnut can't. :P He forgot about the other two matches to take place before the finals. Walnut, we have the prelims, which take it to 8 contestents, then the next round to take it to 4, then another to take it to two, then the GF for the winner. :P
I was being sarcastic. I fully agree with how Walnut plans to run this competition, and I think people should stop whining about it.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 07:57:07 pm »
Durrr I know why I messed up that math, looked at the wrong column for Round 1. What's it matter anyway?

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 07:58:11 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
People seem to be getting upset over nothing.

People complained that there was no character competition, now they're complaining about stupid things when they finally get one.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 08:19:29 pm »
  • The Mike
One problems with the way it's going this year is that each match is supposed to happen everyday and so far, there have been three matches. Match 7 should be today but since you can't keep on track, that's why it's going to take a month to finish. The Fishu and Dope match should have been finished last night and the next match should be going on now.

If you are going to do this competition you got to stay on track because if you keep being lazy, it's just going to be a pile of dog !@#$%. The formula for the CC was fine the way it was. Why change something that was never broken in the first place?

The whole competition should only be 16 days but so far it's just about been half of that. Each round should only be one day. It seems as if you're making each match 2 days which is the reason why it's gunna take a month. Seriously, you should have left everything the way it was. Nothing was wrong with it and you need to keep the matches on schedule or it's going to be messed up like it is right now.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 08:26:28 pm »
One problems with the way it's going this year is that each match is supposed to happen everyday and so far,

No they're not. Argument nullified.

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 08:31:38 pm »
  • The Mike
One problems with the way it's going this year is that each match is supposed to happen everyday and so far,

No they're not. Argument nullified.
Why is that? Are you lazy or something? Can't find the time to actually do that? This is probably a reason why you are changing thing that were fine the way they were.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 08:33:33 pm »
I've explained this VERBATIM many times before. This system makes things fairer for everyone, helps prevent vote stuffing, and gives everyone more time to enjoy the contest, like a good wine.

There's absolutely no reason to rush rush rush rush rush rush rush just because you silly northerners are in a hurry with everything. Let it live.

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 08:42:14 pm »
  • The Mike
Do you think it would be rushed because there aren't that many contestants this year? Your just delaying the whole thing and making it longer because of that. If you did this if there were more characters, then there would be more complaining but I'm sure you would have left the day by day format the same. I'm fine with the changes but I'm just saying that things were fine the way they were.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 12:26:24 am »
  • ざわ
Gaaawd, what the !@#$% is wrong with (some of) you.
Things like that make me realize how MUCH ZFGC has actually changed.

I really enjoyed last year's competition, it was great fun, everyone HAD fun.
This year people are moaning and bitching as if they had nothing else to do in their spare time.

I know some things around here didn't go too well lately, I don't agree with some, maybe most of the changes the staff has done so far (I know I didn't voice my opinion on any of them, but... yeh.)... but, WHAT THE !@#$%. This is just a Character Competition, nothing that will change the face of ZFGC forever, nothing major, just a COMPETITION that is run differently then the year(s) before.
Even if this and that and whatever had been so wonderfully done last year and in your personal opinion this year's planning is crappy as hell, this is ONE thing where you should just LET THEM BE.
Don't take every tiny occasion to !@#$% about stuff.

/rant
sup.
  • My Website [german]
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 12:49:48 am »
  • *whistle*

I remember some fun was had with a certian toaster. Oh hohoho.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 01:04:56 am »
  • b e p i s

This year people are moaning and bitching as if they had nothing else to do in their spare time.

I know some things around here didn't go too well lately, I don't agree with some, maybe most of the changes the staff has done so far (I know I didn't voice my opinion on any of them, but... yeh.)... but, WHAT THE !@#$%. This is just a Character Competition, nothing that will change the face of ZFGC forever, nothing major, just a COMPETITION that is run differently then the year(s) before.
Even if this and that and whatever had been so wonderfully done last year and in your personal opinion this year's planning is crappy as hell, this is ONE thing where you should just LET THEM BE.

/rant

Marry me?
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 01:24:37 am »
People are complaining about the competition?

Hmm, guess i should come to the competition board more, what is there to complain about? Last year's competition was fun, no one complained, no one whined, what happened?

What are people complaining about?

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 08:32:01 pm »
  • ざわ

I remember some fun was had with a certian toaster. Oh hohoho.
<3 gotta love Toaster Boy ;-;

/rant

Marry me?
AWWWWW. :3

People are complaining about the competition?

Hmm, guess i should come to the competition board more, what is there to complain about? Last year's competition was fun, no one complained, no one whined, what happened?

What are people complaining about?
Well, yeah. That everything is going too slow, the votes shouldn't be made public,...
blabla.
sup.
  • My Website [german]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 71 queries.

anything