Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 895 times)

Welcome!
« on: December 23, 2008, 03:59:14 pm »
  • Minalien
Welcome to Developing a 2D Game Engine with XNA 3, one of the first courses to be offered at the ZFGC University. Throughout this course, we will be covering the creation of a custom, two-dimensional adventure game engine that focuses on the creation of Legend of Zelda fan games. Though, by the end of this course, you should know enough to be able to expand it to suit whatever other needs you may have.

Delivery Format
This tutorial is delivered in two formats: PDF, compatible with Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader applications, and DOCX, compatible with Microsoft Word 2007, or Microsoft Word 2003 with the Office 2007 support expansion, available from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com.

Prerequisites
This tutorial assumes a basic level of knowledge with the structure of the C# programming language. It is recommended that you, at the absolute least, read up on basic console programming techniques.

Disclaimer
Remember that while you are able to create such games for the XBOX 360, the XNA Creator's Club and, in particular, the XBOX Live Community Games service, do not permit the distribution of games containing copyrighted materials, such as what often appears in fan games. The knowledge gained in this tutorial series is directed at fan games, but can easily be used with original games with similar gameplay, and the engine is designed and taught so that you are able to easily edit the engine to suit your needs.

Collanos Workspace
I will be setting up a workspace on Collanos for the duration of the tutorial. If you wish to access the workspace, please contact me with the email address that you have associated with your account, and I will send a workspace invite. There, you can have a more direct method of interacting with myself and others who are participating in the tutorial, and will be able to post any questions you may have.

To obtain a copy of Callanos, you can go to http://www.collanos.com/, and download a version for your operating system (for this tutorial series, Windows is really the only one that's expected.) Callanos is a free group collaboration system, that will allow users to leave messages, chat, and share files easily.

Questions, Comments, and Concerns
If, during any part of the tutorial series, you have any questions, comments, or concerns related to the tutorial series, you can post them in this board, or on the Groove Workspace. Please be descriptive when discussing your issues and questions, so that we may answer your questions and help solve your problems to the best of our abilities.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 07:24:08 am by Minalien »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 36 queries.