Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: me trying to teach myself fluffhead on guitar  (Read 2418 times)

me trying to teach myself fluffhead on guitar
« on: March 01, 2010, 06:20:08 am »
worth a shot anyways right? maybe 1:00 AM on a school night wasn't the best time to try and learn fluffhea by phish. anyways here's a few videos of my trying to do this. i take some creative liberty here mind you in case you know the real song...

http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab260/ChrisVeeves/?action=view&current=Movie1.flv

http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab260/ChrisVeeves/?action=view&current=Movie2.flv

not saying they are good or anything, just posted em here for fucks sake. havent seen any guitarists around recently anyways.

edit: did i mention this is hardly accurate to the real thing? yeah.. its not really. i was also going by memory. i'll make a more complete/accurate one later.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:23:00 am by Breedlove »

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
Re: me trying to teach myself fluffhead on guita...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 06:25:59 am »
Hm, maybe you need to press harder down on the strings and/or tilt your fingers up a bit more so you're not muting any other strings, idk, maybe it could be the sound quality of the video, but that's just my first impression. I think you're playing was okay.

Meh, I'm a guitarist... 4-5ish years, bass guitar for around 3 years, drums for a year, piano for 5... among others ><

Also, maybe you could try strumming with your thumb and index/ormiddle finger together, etc, if you were using your index finger, you'd be making the "okay" sign, or the a-hole sign (however you see it o.o), just with the other three fingers curled. That's pretty much how I strum, when i strum up I sort of subconsciously move my thumb out a bit, strumming down my index/middle goes out a little, so the nail's always hitting the string. Imo it sounds better than just a thumb or a pick.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:29:22 am by Ethelon »

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 06:33:57 am »
I'm pressing down hard enough. Like you also said I'm muting a few strings on accident probably. I started playing over the summer, I probably should make some video of my better songs to put up instead of one I'm just trying to teach myself now. The real song is all finger picking which I'm awful at. Thanks for the feedback.

Also yeah I strum that way too, just right now it's 1:00 AM and everyone else is trying to sleep so I just did it with my thumb hoping it would quiet it a bit. :P
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:48:28 am »

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 06:51:28 am »
Oh, alrite then.
Well if you mean plucking, umm, I guess it just takes practice really. I don't really feel scratches and whatnot on the tips of my fingers (guitar) and the flatter areas (bass) from callusses and whatnot, since I actually like finger picking more. I go for more acoustic stuff now, since it's more fun to play than power chords and whatnot.

For the 3rd one you just posted, that's pretty good, the notes and stuff seem right on. Just gotta work on keeping the tempo. (I ish also in a band). =P

For someone who just started in the summer, you're pretty good already.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.376 seconds with 44 queries.