Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to record an audio file on to a cd from a tape cassette?  (Read 2846 times)

stiber

How to record an audio file on to a cd from a ta...
« on: November 22, 2010, 06:27:38 am »
I have an audio file recorded on magnetic tape some ten years ago which is slightly damaged.. I want that it should be recorded on to a compact disk. People who are experienced in audio engineering may kindly help me as to how to proceed from the scratch.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: How to record an audio file on to a cd from ...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 06:45:21 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Unfortunately you can't do it without some form of hardware, and even once you do that the "damaged" portions of the tape will still be apparent in the digital transfer.

You'd be better off either repurchasing the content that's on the cassette.
Re: How to record an audio file on to a cd from ...
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 02:43:05 pm »
If you still have the hardware to play cassette( I am assuming it is a cassette), then just run a headphone-headphone cord from the stereo to your pc.  Use Audacity to record your cassette.  It'll take some fine tuning so you need some patience.  Once you got everything recorded to your liking, you can use Windows Media Player to burn an audio cd of your music.

I know headphone-headphone cord isn't the proper term.  It's a cord with an audio peg on each end usually used for pluggin something into an auxillary port on a stereo.

Oh and if you don't have a stereo, go borrow one.  Almost everyone I know still has a stereo that plays cassettes.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 40 queries.