Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will do requests for classic game music.  (Read 4912 times)

cgmHDblog

CGMHD
Will do requests for classic game music.
« on: December 04, 2010, 10:08:54 am »
I will do my best to help users who wish to use classic game music when developing their projects. It is not hard to find music yourself, but getting it in high quality MP3 format may be difficult and doing it yourself is a time consuming process.

I too develop with GM and use tracks from old games as a development tool. For example, I will use an old track with the "mood" i want to get a feel for how a scene presents itself. Once I like the result I will replace the music with my own original track. Same can be done with sound effects and graphics, placeholders can be very useful.

There are also those who wish to simply try to remake a certain game in GM. Weather its to create their own levels and story line or challenge themselves to create something they played as a kid, getting the original music right is important.

Download links will not be posted here. Sorry. I will be posting your completed request on my blog only.

To make a request simply follow this link.

Both standard quality and increased quality tracks are something I will do. Please, no more than 3 tracks per request. Do not flood my site with multiple requests or large lists. I will simply ignore them. Wait till your original request is finished or make it clear it is something you no longer have use for before making a new one.
  • Classic Game Music HD
Re: Will do requests for classic game music.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 12:26:29 pm »
Well, i've listened to the super metroid track, and i've got to say, you've done a pretty good job on it! it sounds SNES-y, but it seems to run smoothly and there's less of that "fuzzy" sound coming out! good job!
I'll add one of these later.

cgmHDblog

CGMHD
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 04:39:22 pm »
Thanks :) glad you liked it. Cleaning up the tracks and "adding surround" isn't easy, but I keep everything setup so cleaning up a new track doesn't take long. For NES music I take the chiptune and output it in stereo using an NES sound emulator (I use chipamp for winamp). I then take all the stereo tracks I have, run them through a cleaning program then run them to my high end Onkyo receiver. I use Dolby PL2 music mode with WRAT and Cinefilter enabled. If the sound outputs out of a 5.1 setup well, I record it and share the result. If the track doesn't output in surround well I add light audio effects to "push" the sound to the other speakers without causing noticeable distortion.

Only problem is during all this post processing the sound gets what I refer to as "jitters". It's that millisecond long crack or sound loss/jump you may notice in some of modified tracks I upload.
  • Classic Game Music HD
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 05:23:06 pm »
Yeah, i think it was fairly noticable in the S.Metroid  .mp3 ... if you listened carefully, there were tonnes of them. >:D
I'll add one of these later.

cgmHDblog

CGMHD
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 07:57:47 pm »
Yeah, i think it was fairly noticable in the S.Metroid  .mp3 ... if you listened carefully, there were tonnes of them. >:D

Fixed the issue with the jitters. Now all the tracks I upload will have no artifacts because I am using a USB connection to record from my receiver. The Top Gun and Zelda soundtracks are the first to use the new connection and sound great. I can also record much faster since I can now use my DSP feature on the receiver which just processes the sound and outputs it in digital format, no need to record the actual sound.

If anyone wants to hear the Zelda music cleaned up and in stereo you can visit my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/cgmhd?feature=mhum
  • Classic Game Music HD
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 44 queries.

anything