Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The GML Master's Challenge  (Read 3196 times)

DJvenom

super-sage
The GML Master's Challenge
« on: December 24, 2010, 07:46:52 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Welcome to the first ever GML Master's Challenge!
Episode One: Mastering the art of mastering no artist.

Theme: draw commands only! no pre-rendered graphics.
Running time: 12/25/10 - 1/14/11.

In the first of what I hope will be an ongoing series of contests, we will be having a challenge which the only rule will be you are not allowed to have any pre-rendered art displayed. (i.e. Backgrounds, Tiles, or Sprites be them internal or external.) Everything displayed on the screen at any given time must be solely from draw commands.

The rules and sign-up topic is located HERE

There is currently a prize, which is a key to unlock the beta version of MineCraft. Potential alternate prizes may be available if I decide to later.

Due to having an actual "monetary" prize, I've made voting very strict. Once the competition is up, games will be put on display for the community to play and judge. Judging will be vote based in a seperate poll, but along side the poll, you must provide a "review" of the game based on Fun, Originality, and Use of draw commands using a 1-10 system. Ballot stuffing is also entirely prohibited. Any votes by members who've registered after 10/23/10 unfortunately will not be qualified to vote, and their votes will be nullified upon tally.

I'd like to get as many members as I can in on this, so if you're fluent in GML and think you're a bad enough dude(tte) to put your skills and to the ultimate test of (wo)manliness, then put your minecraft key where your hands are! AT THE END OF YOUR ARMS! And then use those hands to start writing code once I announce coding may begin!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 01:21:08 am by DJvenom »
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 35 queries.