Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Shadow of Liimina  (Read 64494 times)

Re: TLoZ- Shadow Of Termina
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2012, 03:44:56 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
yes i think so, by the way the space ship is going to be the only part of the entire zelda saga that looks futeristicky. so that is a great idea

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2012, 04:00:52 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
This game is going to be so interesting. malefor has inspired a new idea for me to throw in there. a twist of sorts, sort of a prequel of the ranch invasion on MM. He thinks I should include the aliens again and this time add their spaceship.  So I was thinking...

What if it's a part if a ranch quest line where Cremia or someone tells you the history of the ranch and she mentions that supposedly the aliens come back every 200 years or so. I think it could be pretty cool if the alien ship landed in the ranch and Link has to rush inside and fend them off. Pretty much a mini dungeon that likely wouldn't have a boss fight. Might be about 10 or 15 minutes. What do you guys think?

I was listening to Strauss's "Also Sprach Zarathustra" while reading this....which made it ten times more epic as an idea. Check it out. You have heard this before.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2012, 07:01:49 am »
  • I can think of many things for anything.

Awesome idea, do it. Maybe she shouldn't call them aliens, or have any direct mentioning of them being aliens, just like MM. It's just alluded to heavily, and space ship / mini dungeon would be a great idea. Even have a small boss type fight, nothing huge, that'd be sweet. Alien leader type dude 8)

Well thanks Malefor for the inspiration. Now that I see others also like it I'm gonna see if I can't come up with some dialogue for it.

@Blaze, it isn't exactly 100 years before MM. and Cremia and Romani don't even have to be the same ages as in there. I may not even use both of them, I don't know yet.

Alien leader type dude who... maybe spawns more aliens? Or maybe you have to destroy certain objects in his ship before you can hurt him. I think it could work a few different ways as a mini boss fight.

1- Destroy stuff while dodging traps, attack him. He summons  minions, kill minions, attack him. He summons minions while using a ranged weapon every now and then. Kill minions, attack him. Win. He zaps Link and Dark Link back down to earth with a reverse tractor beam before blasting off into orbit in his ruined ship.

2- He uses some sort of coil things for energy. Each one requiring a different item from a dungeon you've completed to either reach or destroy. He starts off shielded. Destroy one coil, attack him. He recharges, teleports, and you repeat. Each time he gets faster and begins to teleport more frequently making him harder to hit. Which could make your and DL's placement more strategic if you want to make it easier.

3- He doesn't fight you at all. he sends a crapload of aliens after you.

4- He doesn't send aliens. He simply attacks with a ranged weapon and teleports frequently.
(An alternative to being teleport zapped out of the ship, Link could be simply blown out of it, landing unconcious in the ranch somewhere. I could completely imagine him crashing through the roof and landing in that hay pile of the barn. It'd be funny and cool to have a hole in the roof for the rest of the game.
If any of you have ideas then feel free to share them. I want this game to be one of the best fan games out there. And well, it could turn into a community made fan game which would be awesome for me, my team, and this site if it becomes popular.

I just keep getting IDEAS!!! So how's this...

I can make Dark Link also have a side story, I'm not sure yet what you'll have to do but I'm thinking he can unlock a different bonus for each one. Maybe him regenerating health in darkness doesn't have to be a default ability, but instead it can be the first one you unlock for his side story. Which can start as early as right after you get the sword. I'm thinking I could have them work similarly to finding photograph spots on LA. Where there are event triggers depending on where you are. Except these won't be indefinitely missable. Maybe these spots could be his favorite areas or spots that hold some sentimental value to him. These abilities would only serve to make him a more reliable partner. So he could... regenerate his darkness powers faster, regen health faster, move faster in dark areas, become invulnerable while blocking, etc.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:32:38 am by Kienamaru »
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2012, 04:56:56 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
luv the idea XD XD

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
Re: Shadow Of Termina
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2012, 11:16:41 am »
Not really an update here, but copyrights were brought to my attention. I'll include some disclaimers and whatnot and hopefully that'll be enough since I didn't plan to profit from this game. Does anyone know what all is required in order for me to not get a C&D?

(Idea progress will resume when I get the last achievement from RE:6)

Got the last one today. Idea progress will continue!

So about the copyright stuff. I think I'll change everything's names. Since many areas won't even look the same I doubt they would care. The Deku Palace is really the only area that'll look similar to in MM. Most other places will have grass or crag or whatever. So, when I get to a computer, I'll be renaming everything.

UPDATE! I've spent the last hour going through my stuff... renaming places, items, and fixing typos. Gonna be a pain but I'll have to do the enemies as well. Sorry spriters, I hope you guys don't mind but we'll have to use different enemy designs if this stuff doesn't go through. Now for character designs to make them look different.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:35:52 am by Kienamaru »

Team Project:
Re: Shadow Of Liimina
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2012, 01:04:15 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Dude, if Nintendo didn't sue King Mob for his Shadowgazer (as far as I know), I don't believe you'll be sued. However, can we still use MC style for the sprites?

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2012, 01:07:22 pm »
We are definitely using MC sprites. Most of the ones I'll have in here are customized anyway.

UPDATE- Spent awhile removing enemies and I'll have to think of some new ones soon.

Also starting working on NPCs ideas. Also, Ailen is being changed to Ailin. (added to OP)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:27:55 am by Kienamaru »

Team Project:
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2012, 04:09:14 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Awsome, keep it up, hey the deku palace is not going to be used anymore sadly... :'( :'(

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2012, 11:11:59 pm »
Sorry,  when we finish this who knows, maybe we could do termina.

Alright done some more stuff. Named our main character Vitin (a friend of mine has a really cool original character and he loves Zelda so I decided I'd use some of his design to make our main guy.)

Added the Kini quest line, organized some things, described the dungeons, added new defensive items, a few more attacks to the basic combat, and one new darkness ability.

I added some more enemy descriptions, Started on Dark Vitin's general Side Quest and rewards, and added a mini dungeons section with brief descriptions. Also did a bit more organizing and fixed some renaming errors.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:39:19 am by Kienamaru »

Team Project:
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2012, 08:58:28 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
The character names are very nice. They aren't boring or uninteresting and they aren't super weird as some people tend to get names when they go for something creative. Well done.

Only I don't know how to pronounce Fjord.. :/
  • My Music
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2012, 11:35:55 am »
  • It's the grineer
The character names are very nice. They aren't boring or uninteresting and they aren't super weird as some people tend to get names when they go for something creative. Well done.

I think it would be /fiərd/

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2012, 12:24:12 pm »
The new names are TOOOOTALLY random. I  asked people from a certain community I frequent. I like the weirdness to a few of them. and it would be Fyord.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:08:35 pm by Kienamaru »

Team Project:

Linkxp500

Intellectual Pseudo-Swordsman
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2012, 03:28:06 pm »
  • Courage gives me the strength to fight fear.
Hey, I'm interested in helping out with this project. :)

I'm comfortable working with scripts and I am fairly good at adapting to new languages.  I'm an avid fan of Zelda, and this project looks like it'd be fun to work on.  I wasn't particularly happy with Majora's Mask time constraints, but I loved the actual storyline in the game.

When could I start helping out with the project?  I heard that there is a need for coders here, so I thought I could try my best to help out. :)
The only thing I hate about the name Link is that when you Google the character Link you end up clicking a link to a link that usually doesn't mention someone named Link.

Humans are never perfect.  They make mistakes that teach them what to do differently.  Humans also possess the ability to repeat those mistakes.  That's why humans are never perfect.

"Do, or do not... there is no try." - Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

"Who's the more foolish?  The fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Old Ben Kenobi, from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2012, 08:02:40 pm »
Annnd there you are! Excellent... I intend on using RPG maker and or a modification of the Minish Cap Engine with this game as I've heard gamemaker has way too many limitations. Have you ever worked with it before?

Team Project:

Linkxp500

Intellectual Pseudo-Swordsman
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2012, 09:49:18 pm »
  • Courage gives me the strength to fight fear.
Annnd there you are! Excellent... I intend on using RPG maker and or a modification of the Minish Cap Engine with this game as I've heard gamemaker has way too many limitations. Have you ever worked with it before?

Well, no, I haven't worked with RPG maker or any kind of 2D game engine.  I have, however, dealt with a heavily edited version of the Quake 3 engine, if it's anything alike.

The engine I worked with involved a project called ZEQ2-Lite, a DBZ game-in-development that focuses on creating the perfect (English) anime-accurate DBZ game.  Though I have to say it's far from completion.  And the project has now been turned into a way for various users to develop their own game-creation skills for their own projects.  The revived ZEQ2 (predecessor to ZEQ2-Lite) has been transferred to Unity 3D to continue on a more serious level of development, and I haven't really kept up with the progress, as it seems it still needs an entire coding foundation, which I don't think I'm ready to attempt. :P

Anyway, I catch on pretty quickly on the various commands and formats of a scripting language.  The challenge is to use the least amount of coding possible to achieve the same intended result.
The only thing I hate about the name Link is that when you Google the character Link you end up clicking a link to a link that usually doesn't mention someone named Link.

Humans are never perfect.  They make mistakes that teach them what to do differently.  Humans also possess the ability to repeat those mistakes.  That's why humans are never perfect.

"Do, or do not... there is no try." - Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

"Who's the more foolish?  The fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Old Ben Kenobi, from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2012, 11:42:57 am »
Unity ? If this is successful, Six Sage Sword may be next.

Team Project:
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2012, 07:09:42 pm »
  • It's the grineer

The new names are TOOOOTALLY rrandom. I  asked people from a certain community I frequent. I like the weirdness to a few of them. and it would be Fyord.

Sorry to pop your bubble, frozen, but what Kienamaru said is very true: Fjord is actually is a landforming from rivers.

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2012, 02:34:53 am »
forgot to mention that I added more names to the list. So check it out in the OP.

Spriters, what do you guys think of me replacing the Wands with Gauntlets? I ask you because you have already finished the rod's designs. But I was thinking that if I want this to look less like Zelda then a new type of design may work better. It'd be really awesome for him to be able to shoot fire waves or fireballs from his hands don't you agree? So this is what I'm thinking...

Blaze Gauntlets- Magical Gloves imbued with the power of an inferno. (they could be gray gloves with a red-orange gem in the middle and maybe some decorative red-orange rings around the fingers.)

Frost Gauntlets- Magical Gloves imbued with the power of a blizzard. (they could be white with a light blue gem in the middle and light blue finger tips.)
If you have a better idea on the Gauntlet design let me know. Oh, and the gem is on the back of the hand, not the palm.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:41:21 pm by Kienamaru »

Team Project:
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2012, 03:11:00 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
forgot to mention that I added more names to the list. So check it out in the OP.

Spriters, what do you guys think of me replacing the Wands with Gauntlets? I ask you because you have already finished the rod's designs. But I was thinking that if I want this to look less like Zelda then a new type of design may work better. It'd be really awesome for him to be able to shoot fire waves or fireballs from his hands don't you agree? So this is what I'm thinking...

Blaze Gauntlets- Magical Gloves imbued with the power of an inferno. (they could be gray gloves with a red-orange gem in the middle and maybe some decorative red-orange rings around the fingers.)

Frost Gauntlets- Magical Gloves imbued with the power of a blizzard. (they could be white with a light blue gem in the middle and light blue finger tips.)
If you have a better idea on the Gauntlet design let me know. Oh, and the gem is on the back of the hand, not the palm.
I like the idea, I'll see what I can do ;)
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2012, 03:17:04 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Meh, it's all the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 74 queries.

anything