Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shadow of Liimina  (Read 59916 times)

Linkxp500

Intellectual Pseudo-Swordsman
Re: Shadow of Liimina
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2013, 11:04:28 pm »
  • Courage gives me the strength to fight fear.
Sounds like an overview of the journey to the not-yet-named town of Yamoah.  I'd really like some details on what the Hunter nature is, what weapons they used, what game they hunted, and something that really caught my interest was that change of hue in the blade of that warrior's sword.  What curse was supposedly cast on it, when did it happen, why, etc.?  I'd like to know if the curse of the sword affected the area or if some fool went exploring and unleashed some terrible evil by tampering with the hidden weapon.
The only thing I hate about the name Link is that when you Google the character Link you end up clicking a link to a link that usually doesn't mention someone named Link.

Humans are never perfect.  They make mistakes that teach them what to do differently.  Humans also possess the ability to repeat those mistakes.  That's why humans are never perfect.

"Do, or do not... there is no try." - Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

"Who's the more foolish?  The fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Old Ben Kenobi, from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2013, 11:10:59 pm »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
Sounds like an overview of the journey to the not-yet-named town of Yamoah.  I'd really like some details on what the Hunter nature is, what weapons they used, what game they hunted, and something that really caught my interest was that change of hue in the blade of that warrior's sword.  What curse was supposedly cast on it, when did it happen, why, etc.?  I'd like to know if the curse of the sword affected the area or if some fool went exploring and unleashed some terrible evil by tampering with the hidden weapon.

That's interesting to think about actually. When I was writing this it made me think, that next I should write the Origin of the Shadow Blade and also mention where the group came from. As for a curse cast on it there was none, but the weapon itself was created from... a sort of atronach (golem, construct) and thus it is actually somewhat alive and experiences growth. Actually the game centers around the sword though, as the game starts in Yamoah, your main weapon is THIS blade.

This is why I moved back to this topic. It gets more views, more feedback, and thus I can better see what needs work, and how people feel about it.

UPDATE- Will also be added to the Lore section of the OP.

The Tribe of Dawn is an ancient tribe of settlers from a land that was once an island near present day Liimina. They were wholly self sufficient and able adventurers consisting solely of humans. The Dawn was capable of forging mystical living weapons using a special type of metal found nowhere else in the  world. This metal was known as Soulsteel and could only be obtained by destroying one of the atronachs native to the island. These weapons were able to absorb the life essence of whatever they killed and doing so caused them to grow just as the atronach would.

These weapons were often wielded by protectors of the tribe and were known as the Shifting Vigor Arms. Depending on the type of beasts they slayed, the weapons could become as dark as night or as bright as the sun itself. Not only that, but they would become exponentially more powerful.

It is thought that these weapons still exist somewhere in the world as they do not deteriorate over time or use. However, it is highly possible that they became lost in time, just as the island from whence they came. An ancient log depicts images and names of all Vigor Arms created after their first shift.

Shifting Vigor Arms:

Shadow Blade
Fluor Daggers
Luna Bow
Sol Rod

Also- changed the name of the race and everything related from Dorom to Darem. (To further differentiate from sounding too Zeldaish.)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 04:08:15 pm by Kienamaru »
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2013, 04:07:20 pm »
UPDATES on Dark Vitin's Quest Line and his Darkness Abilities.
Also included Vitin's Light Sphere gathering subquest
All of this has been added to the OP under the appropriate sections.
Merged previous 2 posts to avoid triple posting.

Involves finding special areas that have meaning to him. They may be hard to access and require using darkness abilities, and some are even off the map. As these locations are scattered across Liimina, and all completely optional to find; they will simply serve to make Dark Vitin more helpful all around. The rewards are setup so that the sooner you find the areas, the easier you will be able to progress through the game.

LOCATIONS
1- Blackwater Cave: Behind the Shrine of the Shadowblade (requires nothing)
2- Yamoah Canyon: Underneath the bridge (requires nothing, exact jumps across small rocks)
3- Lyco Greens: Atop the trees (requires Shade Jump)
4- Goldenrock Mountain: Inside a cave, near a mine cart (requires nothing)
5- Cloudvale Skies: (requires shadow sprint and shade jump to long jump across a gap)
6- Chrono City Park: Atop the slide (requires nothing)
7- Mist Bay: behind the waterfall (requires shadow bridge to move against the current)
8- Tumari Isle: On an Islet with a hammock off the coast ( requires shadow bridge to water walk, and shade jumping to reach the islet)
9- Majana Wastes: Hidden Oasis (requires Shadow Mines to hit 3 switches and open the entrance)
10- Insamel: The Warrior's Journey (a bonus dungeon. Requires Void Magnet to enter. After completing all waves it triggers)

REWARDS
1st reward- regenerate DP faster in darkness
2nd reward- Shadow Bridge Ability
3rd reward- regenerate health in darkness
4th reward- Shadow Mine Ability
5th reward- freely shadow sprint in darkness
6th reward- Shadow Warp Ability
7th reward- when blocking in shadow becomes invulnerable
8th reward- Dark Heart Ability
9th reward- attacks deal 1.5x damage in darkness
10th reward- instant DP regeneration in shadow. Allows infinite Darkness abilities in shaded areas.

Light Sphere Subquest
1 Sphere- image of himself
10 Spheres- image of himself in the woods of Mynale
25 Spheres- image of himself in an arena in Mynale
50 Spheres- image of his city
90 Spheres- image of him in his favorite hangout spot (sitting underneath a bridge eating a fruit)
180 Spheres- image of his home
270 Spheres- image of his room sword and trophies on the wall, indicating he is a skilled fighter)
360 Spheres- images of his family (him, mother, and father)
455 Spheres- image of his father scolding him after a spar (holding sword pointing it down at him. Vitin's sword is on the ground)
600 Spheres- image of his bestfriend wielding a bow and arrow, shooting a fruit from his hand)
800 Spheres- image of his girlfriend (lying down together looking up at the stars)

Team Project:
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2013, 12:53:40 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Dude long time no see, what have you been up to?
As always i want to help with the sprites, how about having an improved version of minish cap style sprites. That wzy you could have that zelda feel butthe sprites would be your game style.

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2013, 12:18:47 pm »
Dude long time no see, what have you been up to?
As always i want to help with the sprites, how about having an improved version of minish cap style sprites. That wzy you could have that zelda feel butthe sprites would be your game style.

I've not been doing too much. Pretty much just the usual. Playing Halo 4, bringing Young Link back for Brawl, trying to find a job, coding for Brawl Minus, and writing. I've actually got a nice bit of History and Lore coming in. Let's see...

STUFF ADDED TO OP

UPDATE
History- Ailin Ranch
Long ago, even before the founding of Old Chrono City, the Ailin Ranch was formed by a small group of travelers who had grown tired of the hunting and gathering lifestyle of Yamoah. They took to the plains of Liimina in search of an area with similar terrain to Yamoah; a single entry way with a source of water nearby and high cliffs surrounding. A few days passed and they eventually found the perfect location not far from the entry to the neighboring swamp. This area had a pond that was large enough to support a small amount of people and livestock. Not only that but the grass was perfect for grazing and it shared the same temperate climate as the canyon.

Within days of returning to Yamoah for workers, fences and buildings began construction in what would become Ailin Ranch. As time passed a gate, barn, stable, shack, and a two story house was built and the couple lived there peacefully and eventually started a family.

Lore- The Ailin Invasion
Not more than a decade after the Ailin Ranch had been created had there been strange sightings in the skies above. Mysterious glowing figures and seemingly flying buildings had hovered above but whenever someone came out to investigate they would vanish in an instant. Until one night, when the sky was void of stars and the clouds poured down a heavy rain they came back...

A large circular ship appeared in a haze above the ranch and beamed down multiple rays of blinding light with a deafening crack. In it's wake were mysterious beings all headed for the barn. The Ailin's could only watch in horror as beacons were placed all around and the barn was lifted into the air and absorbed by the ship. A moment later, the beacons dissipated and the beings along with it. Just like that, they were gone. However, a marking was left in the fields in the shape of a half circle. What could it mean..?

History- Jid Palace
Located deep within the woodlands, the Jidan are one of the three native races of Liimina. Their home is known as the Jid Palace and is one of the oldest structures in Liimina. Long ago, the palace started with a single structure built to shelter the King and his family. Saplings were placed inside of a trench around the plot of land and over time they grew into a massive wall of trees. These trees became vital in the construction of a city and homes were carved into them once they reached full maturity. These trees help to keep the air constantly refreshing. allowing those who live inside its walls to live longer than the commoners who often live in trees or tunnels.

It was once home to only the noble and Royal Jid. Over time, they began to allow non nobles to take up residence in their palace. Every half century, the Jidan build a new section onto the palace to accomodate more and more citizens. The Jidan pride themselves on status. They have rankings from Ruler to Exile and seem to have no problem allowing visitors of all kinds into their most prized haven.

The Jid are a very peaceful race and do no harm to their own kind or other races. Those who endanger the safety of the palace are exiled from society and can only return after living in the woodlands for a decade. This has kept the palace strong and secure since the beginning of their civilization.

Lore- The Lyco Exiles
While there is no recorded history of violence in Jidan society, this does not mean that there is no conflict. The Jidan cast those who break laws into exile and give them the name Lyco after the forest for which they are to become one with.

The Lyco are cursed to lose their ability to communicate with plant life and to temporarily age in reverse until they reach pre adolescence. At that point they cease aging until they serve their sentence in exile and are able to return to the palace. Many of the Lyco are forced to take up primitive methods of self defense and will prey on anyone who enters their territory. As they can no longer differentiate friend from foe by using their senses, and they are physically inferior to all other races, they utilize poisons and long range tactics to keep themselves from being harmed.
Lyco who have returned to the palace are deemed peasants and are unable to ever reach nobility.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:09:16 pm by Kienamaru »

Team Project:

Haru

Lightning
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2013, 03:24:05 am »
I'd like to point out that these 'special areas that have meaning' to Vitin sound very similar to Earthbound. Knowing that you don't play Earthbound, I thought you might like to look into it because the ideas are so similar. In addition, I was wondering if these areas of special interest to Vitin corresponded to the world of light as a sort of parallelism. Do they mean something to Vitin in his home world? What makes them important to him?

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2013, 03:32:06 am »
I'd like to point out that these 'special areas that have meaning' to Vitin sound very similar to Earthbound. Knowing that you don't play Earthbound, I thought you might like to look into it because the ideas are so similar. In addition, I was wondering if these areas of special interest to Vitin corresponded to the world of light as a sort of parallelism. Do they mean something to Vitin in his home world? What makes them important to him?

I did plan on having special areas in the sequel that would be extremely similar to the ones that Dark Vitin enjoys, though not all of them. And funny enough I got the special areas Idea from Link's Awakening where you can find certain areas and you'll get a picture taken. While the worlds are parallel they aren't exactly a dark and light world per se. Mynale's terrain and layout aren't similar to Liimina's. Any opinions or suggestions on the lore?

Team Project:

Haru

Lightning
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2013, 03:26:09 pm »
Earthbound has the same thing..."Say fuzzy pickles!" Areas where your picture is taken. It was made before link's awakening, right? And since this world is a shadow of Mynale....

I forgot. :/ (oh, are they the same time period/is the time period of Mynale the same as in Liimina?)

But if some areas were similar between the two towns, you could create some nice puzzles. For example, a damaged shed in one land might be repaired in another and by studying the clues in the first, you find a treasure or item that corresponds to a location in vitin's world. It's complicated, but I wanted to throw out some ideas. I don't think that it would be as interesting if the worlds were exactly the same (you said they weren't), but if the player can draw similarities between some elements of each world then you can create some interesting situations. Another example I can thin of is a man in one world losing his...favorite ring or other meaningless quest item. Would it be interesting to find it in liimina? I'm wondering if Vitinn's travel to liimina has only affected him or if when he arrives back home in part 2 will he find that the two worlds have linked or his home land has gone through some slight changes (I'm afraid that everything being different is overdone). It's hard to make yet another example as an explanation since I'm not ure how the two worlds are linked exactly.

Edit: Most likely numerous typos. I use my phone rather than my computer. Numerous more excuses, etc.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:32:17 pm by Haru »

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2013, 11:08:32 pm »
Earthbound has the same thing..."Say fuzzy pickles!" Areas where your picture is taken. It was made before link's awakening, right? And since this world is a shadow of Mynale....

I forgot. :/ (oh, are they the same time period/is the time period of Mynale the same as in Liimina?)

But if some areas were similar between the two towns, you could create some nice puzzles. For example, a damaged shed in one land might be repaired in another and by studying the clues in the first, you find a treasure or item that corresponds to a location in vitin's world. It's complicated, but I wanted to throw out some ideas. I don't think that it would be as interesting if the worlds were exactly the same (you said they weren't), but if the player can draw similarities between some elements of each world then you can create some interesting situations. Another example I can thin of is a man in one world losing his...favorite ring or other meaningless quest item. Would it be interesting to find it in liimina? I'm wondering if Vitinn's travel to liimina has only affected him or if when he arrives back home in part 2 will he find that the two worlds have linked or his home land has gone through some slight changes (I'm afraid that everything being different is overdone). It's hard to make yet another example as an explanation since I'm not ure how the two worlds are linked exactly.

Edit: Most likely numerous typos. I use my phone rather than my computer. Numerous more excuses, etc.

Actually, while there won't be puzzles that are linked between worlds (Zelda reference) there will be a few items mentioned in the history of Shadow of Liimina that you will find on the second game. HINT HINT. And the way that SoL ends is what makes the sequel possible. Assuming you don't want to go through the entire thread to find the post I mentioned it in.. the end of the game involves
Show content
using the Shadow Calibur to open a portal back to Mynale. When you travel through that portal it closes, but it doesn't close all the way. This portal grows over time and about 2 years later it reopens and monsters and whatnot from Liimina start pouring into Mynale. Just like Liimina Mynale has a special blade that was used to cease parallel travel known as the Severing Blade. This sword doesn't need to be powered up like the Shadowblade. Instead it's locked away somewhere and you have to go dungeon diving to find the "keys" to get in.

After obtaining the sword you'll be at full power more or less and you then have to find a way to reach the portal. Which would be a reason for more exploration to learn what it is you have to do. The way to reach the portal will require finding two legendary weapons of opposing force powerful enough to create a "bridge to the heavens." You'll come across these two weapons as an end dungeon treasure for each party member.

I plan on trying my hand on dungeons in whatever order you please on this game for the first set. After getting the sword there is another set that may require going back and forth. As in getting one treasure, leaving to get the other treasure, and then coming back with both treasures to complete it.

New Features
So Haru brought up the idea of a Stamina Gauge and it reminded me of Brave Fencer Musashi. I think a stamina gauge could add to the immersion of the game. You'd actually get tired from adventuring and that would give you a reason to stop and rest at the inns throughout the world. Having low stamina would cause a few major problems. You wouldn't be able shoot arrows as far, you could only do a single weak slice instead of combos, your skills are weaker, you move slower, and your blocking is less effective.

New Items
Because of the new Stamina Gauge I also have some new bottle items for stamina.

Stamina Elixir- Fully replenishes Stamina
Liiminan Soup- recovers 50% Stamina

Then there came one last idea. Of buying houses. First off, buying a house would cost a huge amount of money. Much more than anything else in the game. I'm thinking of having 3 purchasable homes in the game. One in Chrono City, One in Cloudvale, and one in Yamoah. There three places are on the center, east, and west ends of the map and I think it could make it more convenient should you choose to buy a certain area as these are the three largest towns. Houses would be used to serve as an inn that you don't have to pay for. They would also offer you a stock of items that replenishes over time. You could also store excess items inside of your house in the same fashion that you store money in a bank.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:18:31 am by Kienamaru »

Team Project:

Haru

Lightning
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2013, 01:43:05 pm »
I wonder who this handsome and intelligent person with all these ideas could be! There should be additional features for a house, in my opinion. How disappointing it would be to purchase a house for 5000 coins for restocking and storing items and free sleep? In other games with purchasable houses, there are benefits such as some place to craft materials or strengthen items and whatnot. In wind waker, the house had a hidden secret. I'm busy. Any ideas of additional features?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:48:47 pm by Haru »

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2013, 05:05:45 am »
I'm not sure yet about additional house features but I sort of like the idea of a few simple techniques that you might be able to learn from gathering memories. Nothing completely detrimental but maybe a few things like farther rolls and combo finishers

UPDATE- with some more Lore. this time for the Zufail region.

The Zufae Civil War

For nearly a decade, the Zufae of Mist Bay have been at war with those of the Tumari Sea for resources and territories. This has led to the Coast Zufae going by the name Yana (translating roughly into land fish in Zuan) while the sea Zufae are addressed as the Teili which translates to Water Dweller) Most of the battles are waged underwater where the other races can't intervene, though it is still quite often that one may encounter the Zufae fighting on either side of the sea on land.

In one of the more recent attacks, Zufae Reef was invaded by a small group of Teili spies. The spies lived among the Yana, observing them and planning an attack. The attack was successful and the late King Agane was assassinated on the throne. The reef broke into chaos as the assassins fled, and though they were eventually caught and put to justice, the Yana have made it clear that they have no intentions to back down until all of the Teili are eliminated.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:08:18 am by Kienamaru »

Team Project:

Haru

Lightning
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2013, 04:02:30 pm »
You seem to be liking my ideas. And yet you call yourself the idea man haha. Why don't you add me as part of the team? I can do spriting as a backup, story and concept. Story as in what's between everything that holds all of the key events together so that they mmake sense. Also, I can help with things that keep the game fresh or provide meaning to tasks such as visiting the city's archives/library. It will also be easy to make up those names that you needed. I can do anything and everything that I just mentioned. Just tell me what exactly you want me to start on.

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #152 on: September 08, 2013, 08:29:56 pm »
previous updates to prevent excess posting (dialogue)
Show content
Main Quest Guide  Dialogue
This will be updated as more is created... this dialogue is the essential bits that will be involved in locating and dealing with all of the main temples.

On finding temple 1- The Unseen Evergreen

"You remember what we're looking for right? THe Unseen Evergreen. I've never been there before, but I know the Jidan Swamp is surrounded by forest. I'd say we start looking there."

In region- "This is the Jidan Swamp. There aren't many people in this area, maybe we should ask around the inn to see if anyone knows anything that might help us."

After Learning- "The Jid mentioned that we can reach the Lyco Greens by going through the Wandering Woods. He also mentioned danger, make sure you're fully prepared.

In Lyco Greens- "This forest is huge! All we have to go on is unseen. I can't think of that meaning anything other than in the depths of the forest. Let's press on until we find it."

Inside Temple- "So this is the temple of Shade... Let's find whatever we can to help us get through here so we can get the essence and move on o the next one."

On finding temple 2- The Land of Gold

"Alright, we're trying to find the Land of Gold. The first thing that comes to mind is the Goldenrock Mountains. There aren't many places to mine in Liimina, and the mountains are known for their mineral dust."

In the region- "So we're here, let's ask around the inn. They can probably lead us in the right direction."

After Learning- "Darema? Of course! They're known for their mining and technological prowess. It's only natural they would know how to enter the mine. Let's check out Breta Village."

In Tunnel- "Now this is a comfortable amount of darkness. I should be fine here, I just hope you've got everything you need. Let's blow some stuff up till we find our mark."

Inside Temple- "Talk about flashy... this place has more lights than Chrono City on Festival Night... Some of these currents are blocking the way forward. Maybe we can find something to stop them and get through."

On finding temple 3- The Endless Ocean

"The endless ocean, well that's an obvious one. Mist Bay is in eastern Liimina. Only problem is, I'm not sure how we can get out to sea... Maybe a fisherman could ferry us."

In the region- "Well the fisherman's hut is right on the shoreline, but we still don't know where to go. The ocean is pretty vast, we need to ask someone who knows the sea better than a fisherman."

In Zufae Reef after learning- "An entire region behind the waterfall, who would've thought that we didn't even have to go out to sea? I guess we can't always assume things are as they sound. The Zufae mentioned the temple was made of coral so it should be easy to spot."

Inside Temple- "Call me weird, but I'm actually starting to enjoy all this dungeon diving and exploring, aren't you? I know you are too, because I AM YOU!!! See that icy gate? I'd bet you any amount of money that there's a treasure in here somewhere that we can use to melt that ice right off. Let's find it."

On finding temple 4- Dragon in the Sky and The Center of Time

"The Center of Time... Chrono City comes to mind. It's smack in the middle of Liimina and it revolves around clocks. Heheh, revolves... like a clock. Ahem, let's go. We can do some shopping while we're there."

In region- "I doubt anyone here would know about a temple...It has to be somewhere that few people would ever go."

After finding and failing to enter- "Well that blows. I couldn't jump that gap if I tried 1,000 times. Did you see those markings though? We need to find something to get us across. We should see if the guy in the Curio Shop has anything that can help us."

After talking to Curio Shop guy- "So we need to find a book on a city that floats.. Let's check out the library in East Chrono. They've got books on everything."

After finding and reading book on Cloudvale- "Look to the moon at the edge of the mountain? Vague but it's worth a shot. Let's get back to the mountains and see if we can find out what that means. Or we could just rough it and see what happens. Your call."

In Cloudvale Skies- "Whoa... I never knew people could walk on the clouds. Well according to that book there should be a city up here with what we need."

After Learning- "A chapel in the sky... sounds fun. Let's go find that dragon."

At Nimbus Chapel- This place isn't very large, and for once it seems like the builder actually intended for people to be able to move without getting lost. Should be easy finding a dragon here, assuming it isn't an invisible dragon of course... because those shouldn't exist."

After Dragon- "That was totally worth the trek. We got to see a dragon and got some new gear in the process! Well, we got what we came here for so I guess there's no reason to stick around unless you wanna explore some more. I'm ready to leave when you are."

Back at Chrono in Temple- "Who would've thought..? There's basically another city underground! Listen to that ECHO!......... I wonder how they managed to build Chrono City on top of it all... What kind of demon do you think lives here?"

On finding temple 5- The Dead Sands

"The Dead Sands... you know something? I think we can finally set out to sea. There's a huge desert island far beyond Aegis Rock in Mist Bay. Let's hire a boat."

In region- "The Tumari Savannah, this place is a mystery to me so I can't help much from here on out. However, there was a boating dock and that means there is some form of civilization out here."

In Insamel- "Is it just me or does something seem off about this town? Not that it's our problem. Let's see if we can get a lead on that temple."

After learning- "Follow the footprints of the Great Beast? Do you think the temple has some sort of guardian? Let's be on the lookout for tracks in the sand. It does make me curious how the sand never covers them up though..."

At Temple- "Some temple. It looks like no one's been here in a millennium. I can't complain, at least it's dark. You be extra careful here. You might wanna use your lantern." 

(vigor diamond stuff)
Show content
On another feature related note. For now I'll be referring to what will replace heart pieces AND heart containers as Vigor Diamonds. Unlike Zelda, each Vigor Diamond will increase your health by 25 points.

You will start with 300 hp and collecting all 38 Vigor Diamonds will cap your Life at 1250. These will all be listed by location and with requirements.

Yamoah- Store (250)
Yamoah- Hidden on chest on High ledge
Yamoah- (Kini Yamo, show all abilities to Knights)
Yamoah- Opposite end of Blackwater Cave in chest too dark to see normally

Yamoah Graveyard- Sealing Quest for Gravekeeper. (Revealed in book how to defeat. Kill ghosts and then use Light arrows on graves to seal them. Each night of the week.)
Yamoah Graveyard- Inside Chest in Hut. Enter from behind, use Force Gauntlets to blow away boulder blocking back door. (Mentioned in diary)

Chrono City- Store (250)
Chrono City- Minigame, Treasure Chest Guesser. Guess correctly 3 times in a row.
Chrono City- Hidden in chest on rooftops. Requires jumping gaps and then using Dragon Vice to latch to chest.
Chrono City- Protector Quest, for Mayor- Stop Thief

Ailin Ranch- Hidden behing pullable wardrobe in Nami's room. (Mentioned in diary)
Ailin Ranch- The Escort Quest reward

Cloudvale- Store (250)
Cloudvale- Minigame, Shooting Gallery. Beat high score on Expert course. Unlocked after beating Novice and Advanced.
Cloudvale- Hidden in abandoned house. Two switches require both being pressed at the same time. Opens hidden compartment. Use Dragon Vice to pull out.
Cloudvale- Crier Quest, for Tour Guide- inform other towns about Cloudvale to bring in tourism.

Insamel- Store (250)
Insamel- Minigame, Arena
Insamel- Hidden Behind thick Shrubs. Burn with Blaze Gauntlets, then cut them down.
Insamel- Nightwatch Quest, for Guard- fight off hordes of ghosts trying to enter the town.

Jidan Swamp- Burn decayed tree revealing a grotto.
Wandering Woods- Take hidden path (revealed in a book.) Leads to secret area with chest.
Jid Palace- Retrieval Quest, for Butler- Asks for Milk. Once you give it to him, he asks for Premium Milk.
Lyco Deepwood- Cut through thin vines blocking path and climb tree to find.

Darem Ridge- Dive under water in a certain spot. (revealed in book that there may be things to find)
Breta Village- Extermination Quests for Elder. Complete 3rd Quest. 1st- 4 Fierce Wolves , 2nd- 5 Mini Dragas, 3rd- 3 Dragas.
Golden Rock Tunnel- Blow open a wall using bombs. Only visible using Truth Sever but can be found by poking wall.

Cloudvale Skies- Hookshot the chest from behind the waterfall.

Aegis Rock- Swirling around in a whirpool. Use boomerang to grab it.

Tumari Island- Freeze the ? and jump across them to reach an islet.
Tumari Island- Solve riddle of statues using Light and Dark Arrows. Opens door to special chamber.

Majana Dunes- Hidden in a certain patch of quicksand. Takes you underground instead of hurting you. Find with Truth Sever. (Mentioned in book)

I added damage rating to weapons and items. Also added mobility ratings and guard ratings to shields and bracers.

Using my phone so when I have CPU access this stuff will be added to the OP.

So I've been thinking. I wanna deviate a little more from Zeldic tradition and make a few more changes. The mini games are obviously all going to be optional. Some will reward the player with health increases or capacity upgrades, but then i thought to myself.  All Zelda games ever have to offer you is heart pieces, capacity ups, and money. So while i feel like my inventory has no space for NEW items, I'm going to have each main item with an unlockable performance upgrade. It wont be anything using an annoying crafting system either. If the mini game involves using Item X then it seems natural that they would have something pertaining to said item. So all core items will be upgradeable through completely optional minigames.
I'll be removing a few vigor diamonds as well to make room for these upgrades. Also to get the health at exactly 4X the starter amount.

List below
Bow- Swift Bow= Get a tightened string to allow faster shooting
Dragon Vice- Magnetic D.Vice= Adds a magnet instead of the usual weighted pull mechanism. Allows it to pull you to wallls instead of just targets and clampable objects.
Bomb- Remote Bomb= Can detonate your bomb when ready for precision timing.
Elemental Gauntlets- Frozen Fire Gauntlets= Blends together the two unlockable powers making it so you only need to change between Force and FF.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 08:14:28 am by Kienamaru »

Team Project:

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2014, 11:09:13 pm »
Previous Updates
Show content
I can't think of as many mini games due to the small amount of items involved in this game. If anyone else can think of some more that would work though, I'd be glad to add them. Also, a few small bonus dungeons will be added.

MINIGAMES- all minigames will have multiple difficulty levels.

Yamoah
Shooting Gallery- There are many targets all set up at once. They move around and you have to hit as many as possible to set a high score. Certain targets have higher values than others, and the game is timed.
Requires Bow

Sword School: Blade Training- There is a course that familiarizes you with the standard attack options available. Completing this course will unlock new lessons. In these lessons you will learn new sword attacks.
Requires Nothing (as you always have a sword after the beginning)

Sword School: Defense Training- In this course you will learn how to block and dodge effectively. You will be timed and put against many obstacles. You must complete it taking minimal damage by evading and defending against the projectiles and obstacles.
Requires Nothing (as you always have a sword after the beginning)

Chrono City
Treasure Maze- Go through a maze opening up chests with varying prizes inside. The chest at the end has the best prize but provided you don't get lost and run out of time, you can open up multiple chests and still reach the final one for the biggest reward.

Chest Guess- You enter a room that has multiple chests. The higher the difficulty, the more chests there are. between 3 and 7 with the odds to break even and the odds of losing occupying all but 2 chests from 5 on up. The chests are randomized but the rewards are set according to difficulty.

Easy- 3 Chests
Cost- 20
Prizes- 10, 20, and 30

Normal- 4 Chests
Cost- 30
Prizes- 20, 20, 30, and 45

Hard- 5 Chests
Cost- 50
Prizes- 40, 40, 50, 55, 70

Hard- 6 Chests
Cost- 70
Prizes- 50, 50, 70, 70, 80, 100

Very Hard- 7 Chests
Cost- 100
Prizes- 70, 70, 70, 100, 100, 150, 200 (or Vigor diamond if not won already)
Requires- Money

Blast Master- Standing behind a fence there are multiple moving targets in an area. They come in waves and it is not timed. You play by throwing a bomb into the targets to try and destroy as many as possible while using as little bombs as you can. You are given 5 bombs per wave. When either all targets are destroyed or you run out of bombs, the wave ends.

Easy- 3 Waves
Normal- 5 Waves
Hard- 7 Waves
Very Hard- 10 Waves

Marksman Gallery- Targets spawn in a designated area but only stay for a short time before going away. Break as many targets as possible and avoid penalty targets. Difficulty affects total number of targets as well as penalty targets.

Easy
Targets- 25
P Targets- 10

Normal
Targets- 35
P Targets- 10

Hard
Targets- 45
P Targets- 15

Very Hard
Targets- 60
P Targets- 20

Cavern of Mystery
A sequence of chambers each filled with 2 chests. One has a key and the other has either an item or money. You must open all key chests to reach the final reward at the end.

Easy- 4 Chambers
Normal- 6 Chambers
Hard- 8 Chambers

Cloudvale
Dragon Race- There are multiple Dragon Vice targets setting up pathways which all lead to dead ends except for a set amount of possible correct ways. Some platforms move, making the aiming more difficult. The only reward is at the end of the maze.

Easy
Proper Pathways- 4
Dead ends- 6

Normal
Proper Pathways- 3
Dead ends- 7

Hard
Proper Pathways- 2
Dead ends- 8

Very Hard
Proper Pathways- 1
Dead ends- 9

Insamel
Arena Challenge- You get to take on hordes of enemies that you specify when selecting a challenge. Once you enter you cannot exit until you complete the challenge or are defeated.

Crucible- Another arena type game, instead of choosing your opponent you must face groups of enemies all becoming progressively stronger. You can choose to exit after each round but if you leave you must start from the beginning again if you return.

Easy- 5 Courses
Normal- 8 Courses
Hard- 12 Courses
Very Hard- 15 Courses

New Bonus Dungeons Added

Mage Trials- A dungeon that was made to test the user's adequacy with the three types of gauntlet powers. The enemies and puzzles inside all revolve around using the different powers. This trial must be taken alone, with no help from Dark Vitin. All of your other items are temporarily removed as well.
Located- Cloudvale
Required to enter- Both elemental powers for the Magic Gauntlets.
Reward- Frozenfire Gauntlets

Tower of Tribulations- A newly made tower that was made to test the potential limits of the Yamoan Knights. There are multiple floors with difficult puzzles as well as enemies, minibosses, and bosses every few floors.
Located- Yamoah Entrance
Required to enter- Complete Construction SideQuest sequence, then talk to guards to gain entry. All dungeon items, and sword attacks.
Reward- Time Sever

Previous update Dec 24
Show content
So I've been away for awhile. Brawl Minus is almost finished and once it is, some of us on the team are going to try and move into making games. It as well as other Brawl Modding has been taking away a lot of my time. Stack that with weirdness about me not being able to use my sister's laptop anymore (she never updated it so it got some viruses and she blamed me.) And my brother usually being on his. (though obviously not at the moment) I don't have too much time to put into so many different sites but I haven't forgotten. Next year I should be more productive as I won't have Minus as my primary focus anymore.

Happy Holidays to those who celebrate.

Now to business stuff.

I modified a few small things in the OP.
1. Jidan Swamp has been renamed to Sh'ida Swamp.
2. Darem Shrine has been renamed to Nomias' Shrine
3. Stamina meter section has been added.
4. Enemy classes have been added.
5. History of Breta Village added.

ADDED TO OP
History of Breta Village- Carved into the base of one of the Golden Rock Range's many mountains lies Breta Village. This village is one of many Darema villages accompanied by a small shrine to honor their god. No one is certain how long ago the village was founded, but it likely dates back to a time even before the Ilva came to be. Their homes are stacked in an asymmetrical fashion and are made with no windows. Instead of doors, they have simple openings for entry.

The Darema Shrine of Golden Rock was built to honor the Darem God of Wealth, Nomias. It is thought that the shrine was built in his honor due to the mineral and gem rich land that it was built upon, however this could be coincidence, as the Darema are not very materialistic.

Updates merged to prevent massive over posting?

I have been super busy with Brawl Minus and other things. Though I still don't technically have a "life" I do have enough things keeping me occupied...

I had a friend of mine look at Shadow of Liimina and asked for honest critique. The one thing he said that is my reason for the coming changes... He said it sounded like a brazen Zelda rip-off. So what I intend to do about this is make a few changes.

Instead of gaining straight up items in dungeons Vitin will gain a portion of the enemy through their "soul." Some items have been completely replaced with Darkness abilities to take their place. I've made a Tools section for some of the items that are staying that won't likely see as much usage.

SECTION ON TOOLS ADDED TO OP

SECTION ON ACCESSORIES ADDED TO OP

SECTION ON LOOT ITEMS ADDED TO OP.

On owning properties.

There will be houses in both of the major towns for sale. You start off with a home in Yamoah thanks to Dark Vitin. These will be used for storing spare Accessories, getting sleep, and if you die they will serve as potential restart points. They will be costly, but will carry over.

Chrono City Residence- Price 8,000.
Cloudvale Home- Price 12,000

Tiny Update= 3-13-14

On the stamina. I'm going to make Vitin reaching his stamina limit result in him passing out on the spot. His stamina limit will be reached if he goes too long with no stamina at all.

On Vigor diamonds. I must've conveyed in a way that it wasn't that easy to understand. You don't have Diamonds like how Zelda has hearts. You have 1 diamond with a bar extending from it.

Also revised the drop rate. Humans will have different drops than monsters.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:13:51 pm by Kienamaru »

Team Project:
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2014, 07:08:06 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Hey man, long time, how is the game going? Need Help?

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2014, 05:53:30 pm »
Ah, you're Malefor. I've been really busy with life and Brawl Minus. I haven't forgotten about SoL obviously but I've not been in a position to work on it much either. Things aren't looking like they'll get better any time soon either, as once august comes I'll need a job by November of I get kicked out. Minus is coming along pretty well though and once we're done with our final major release I may be able to start learning how to code and script with a few people form my team.

Had an idea yesterday. So, I've been doing some reading on something explaining the narrative issues of Twilight Princess and it got me thinking. The NPCs should have a reason to side with Vitin. This wouldn't be in every scenario, but the particular one i thought of was for the Zufae. They would have no reason to just tell Vitin the location of their temple. I can bring out some of that war torn world that I've been trying to get at all this time. They tell him the location of the temple because their enemies have taken it over. This gives them a motive to help Vitin sense Vitin will be helping them with an important battle. It also gives the temple a reason to be populated with enemies, and offers a nice change of pace from typical you're doing this dungeon for you and you.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:50:39 am by Kienamaru »

Team Project:

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2015, 01:09:20 am »
Been busy with life, but it's time I brought this thread back to life. I've got a small team instead of being on my own, and I'm finally inspired enough to start working on SoL again. In the next year I want to make it my goal to have some kind of demo to play for this game. More if I'm lucky. All I need is to find an artist.

Team Project:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 68 queries.