Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Spriting project. Help if possible.  (Read 17416 times)

Spriting project. Help if possible.
« on: June 17, 2014, 12:55:18 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
As I was doing some sprites of SS, I got an idea of creating an entire Npc, Enemies, bosses, character and tile sprite sheets for all Zelda games into Mc style. I inspired to create a new topic which would be based on my idea, starting with SS to the end of the three time lines, of course this will take a lot of work and time, and that is why I need your help, to finish it as quickly as possible, due to people creating new sprites rather than focusing on turning existing designs to Mc style, which is not always the case, as Leduardo and other great spriters do create sprites from other zelda games. this will open new possibilities to remaking a Mc style based game, or simply for spriting collectors to collect. I hope that you help me with my Idea and I will post what I have now soon.
P.S. All who help will be credited.

Incomplete:
Show content
Enemies:
Show content
Armos
Beamos
Bokoblin (blue)
Bokoblin (green)
Bokoblin (red)
Blue Chuchu
Green Chuchu
Red Chuchu
Yellow Chuchu
Cursed Spume
Dark Lizalfos
Electro Spume
Lizalfos
Magma Spume
Magmanos
Sky Tail
Bosses:
Show content
Scervo
Dreadfuse
Ghirahim
Demise
Characters:
Show content
Groselle
Pumm
Rusta
Scrapper
Skipper

Undone:
Show content

Enemies:
Show content
Ampilus egg
Arancha
Bokoblin (green Archer)
Bokoblin (Red Archer)
Bokoblin (Red Leader)
Cranioc
Cursed Bokoblin
Deku Baba
Deku Hornet
Froak (Water)
Froak (Sand)
Furnix
Guay
Hrok
Moblin (Metal Shield)
Moldorm
Octorock (Ground)
Peahat
Pyrup
Quadro Baba
Remlit
Sentrobe
Sentrobe bomb
Skulltulla
Staldra
Stalfos
Technoblin
Walltulla
Bosses:
Show content
Stallmaster
Moldarach
Tentalus
Ghirahim (final form)
The Imprisoned (1, 2 and 3)
Characters:
Show content
Link
Groose
Gaepora
Batreaux
Beedle
Bertie
Cawlin
Croo
Dodoh
Dovos
Eagus
Fledge
Gondo
Greba
Gully
Henya
Horwell
Jakamar
Karane
Keet
Kina
Kukiel
Luv
Mallara
Moonlight merchant
Orielle
Owlan
Parrow
Peater
Peatrice
Piper
Pipit
Rupin
Sparrot
Strich
Wryna
???
Cobal
Guld
Kortz
Ledd
Merco
Nackle
Plats
Silva
Tubert
Tyto
Zanc
Gorko
Hylia

Done:
Show content
Enemies:
Show content
Ampilus
Blade Trap
Dark Keese
Earth Watcher
Fire Keese
Guardian (Earth)
Guardian (Flying)
Keese
Moblin (Wooden Shield)
Octorock (Grass)
Sky Watcher
Thunder keese
Characters:
Show content
Zelda
Bucha
Erla
Machi
Lopsa
Oolo
Yerbal
Jellif
Faron
Eldin
Lanayru
Levias
Bosses:
Show content
Bilocyte
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:45:57 am by Sp3ctrum »
Re: Spriting project. Help if possible.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 02:01:51 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Funny, I've been thinking a lot about sprite and tile resources and how awesome it would be to get a mostly complete set of one style to be used by everyone.

The problem is actually first and foremost that we don't even have all the original MC graphics ripped, and a lot of it that we do have is not optimized and it takes some looking around to find what you want, if you can even find it at all. The fact is that there is so much content in MC that it's a massive job to get it all. Ripping and optimizing isn't exactly a fast process, even if you use helpful ripping and optimizing tools (maybe there are better ways these days though?).
Animations in MC are honestly a little overkill, IMO. They really could have done less frames for many animations. Anyway, I guess my thinking is - why try to create new content when we don't even have all the "base" graphics available yet? I mean, it's totally up to you to do this if you want, but I'm just thinking that it will be a waste to re-style the various Zelda graphics into MC style, because there is not enough regular content for someone to make a proper MC style game. It just feels like we'd be skipping an important step.

But anyway, I've actually been thinking a lot about this kind of thing and I'm looking into how it might work to have a simpler graphical style with less animation frames and somewhat dumbed down graphics, like something in between LA/OoS/OoA and MC. If nothing comes of it, then I'm turning back to seeing about doing something with ZFGC style. MC is simply more difficult to do right than the stuff I'm thinking of.

That said, I believe the KoT community project is using MC, so I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's too ambitious to go MC. :P
  • My Music
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 11:44:54 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Funny, I've been thinking a lot about sprite and tile resources and how awesome it would be to get a mostly complete set of one style to be used by everyone.

The problem is actually first and foremost that we don't even have all the original MC graphics ripped, and a lot of it that we do have is not optimized and it takes some looking around to find what you want, if you can even find it at all. The fact is that there is so much content in MC that it's a massive job to get it all. Ripping and optimizing isn't exactly a fast process, even if you use helpful ripping and optimizing tools (maybe there are better ways these days though?).
Animations in MC are honestly a little overkill, IMO. They really could have done less frames for many animations. Anyway, I guess my thinking is - why try to create new content when we don't even have all the "base" graphics available yet? I mean, it's totally up to you to do this if you want, but I'm just thinking that it will be a waste to re-style the various Zelda graphics into MC style, because there is not enough regular content for someone to make a proper MC style game. It just feels like we'd be skipping an important step.

But anyway, I've actually been thinking a lot about this kind of thing and I'm looking into how it might work to have a simpler graphical style with less animation frames and somewhat dumbed down graphics, like something in between LA/OoS/OoA and MC. If nothing comes of it, then I'm turning back to seeing about doing something with ZFGC style. MC is simply more difficult to do right than the stuff I'm thinking of.

That said, I believe the KoT community project is using MC, so I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's too ambitious to go MC. :P
yes, But I want to do it. it is for my fun, and for the use of the people, that of course if they give credit. I will post really soon.
SS sprite sheet unfinished
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:44:32 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
This is what I´ve got, Sorry I took so long... But anyway I´ll update soon with new content.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:57:29 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
And so it begins!

Hey, just a thought. Since you're converting everything into MC style, you might want to use Zelda wiki to compile lists of all the things you will need, then put the lists in the first post inside of spoilers (to keep it from being a super massive post). For each thing, you would have a status beside it that lets everyone know if it's 1) not started, 2) incomplete, or 3) complete. This is going to get rather massive, and it's pretty much a requirement to have that kind of organization in order to make sure nothing gets missed and also so that things go as fast and smoothly as possible.

They've already got most everything nicely listed here for SS (characters, bosses, enemies, items, etc.):
http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Skyward_Sword#Listings
Of course, things like world tiles and various special effects won't be on a wiki. At least, not in the same manner.

Good luck! I'm already doing quite a lot of other stuff so I won't be contributing any sprites at this time.
  • My Music
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 09:24:51 am »
  • Just call me Brad
And so it begins!

Hey, just a thought. Since you're converting everything into MC style, you might want to use Zelda wiki to compile lists of all the things you will need, then put the lists in the first post inside of spoilers (to keep it from being a super massive post). For each thing, you would have a status beside it that lets everyone know if it's 1) not started, 2) incomplete, or 3) complete. This is going to get rather massive, and it's pretty much a requirement to have that kind of organization in order to make sure nothing gets missed and also so that things go as fast and smoothly as possible.

They've already got most everything nicely listed here for SS (characters, bosses, enemies, items, etc.):
http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Skyward_Sword#Listings
Of course, things like world tiles and various special effects won't be on a wiki. At least, not in the same manner.

Good luck! I'm already doing quite a lot of other stuff so I won't be contributing any sprites at this time.

Thank you I will do that, but not now, Later when I do some other ones.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 11:13:11 am »
  • Idk
Couldn't resist to redo the Scaldera, I want that bad boy to look massive and scary. This might be a little overkill but... I JUST WANT TO BRING OUT IT'S INNER BEAST!
I will post more updates soonish ~

Also, the colors aren't even close to final :P
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 11:46:40 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Couldn't resist to redo the Scaldera, I want that bad boy to look massive and scary. This might be a little overkill but... I JUST WANT TO BRING OUT IT'S INNER BEAST!
I will post more updates soonish ~

Also, the colors aren't even close to final :P

Go ahead! As I said, this is for everyone to contribute. looking forward to it.
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 12:15:00 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Updated sheet. Now all will be posted on the main post.
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 05:36:14 pm »
You're forgetting:
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 06:09:59 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
You're forgetting:

Oh man yes!! Thank you, I completely forgot about them!!
IMPA - SWS to MC Style
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 09:44:28 pm »
I just made this.
IMPA - SWS to MC Style
Re: IMPA - SWS to MC Style
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 09:25:10 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I just made this.
IMPA - SWS to MC Style

Whoa!! I was about to upload the sheet right away and I saw this!! I´ll add it right away!!

P.S. I would like other animations too.
SS sprite sheet Update 3.0
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 09:34:37 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Here is an update.
Added: Ghirahim, Three dragons, Impa, Bokoblin, Demise new animations.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 05:25:32 pm »
  • Idk
Got around to make the chuchu's down pose. Might need to tweak the palette a bit :)
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 07:52:35 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Got around to make the chuchu's down pose. Might need to tweak the palette a bit :)

Hey! Those are awesome!! did you edit the zol sprite? anyway I love it hope you do the other animations. Also how are you doing with the Scaldera?

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 09:25:26 am »
  • Idk
Thanks, I made them from scratch actually! I'm gonna continue on Scaldera today :)
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 09:45:07 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Thanks, I made them from scratch actually! I'm gonna continue on Scaldera today :)

Awesome. have any tips on the Ghirahim I did? Is it good?

EDIT: I found tis pic of scaldera without any rocks on him, see the tiny horn on its head? try and create the base and then add the rocks.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:54:12 am by Sp3ctrum »
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 04:35:52 am »
Here, more sprites I did.

CheerfulSage

Sage of Chairs
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 06:42:54 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgEOEzpSS40" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgEOEzpSS40</a>
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 74 queries.

anything