Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Do UFO's really exist?  (Read 5158 times)

gm112

Do UFO's really exist?
« on: June 21, 2006, 11:22:20 pm »
People been saying how UFOs exists then theres those who say that UFOs don't exist. Theres been video footage as proof but there also has been statements on the downside of the videos. I believe in UFOs but not in the way they are described.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 11:24:28 pm by gm112 »

Pyru

Re: Do UFO's really exist?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 11:24:22 pm »
People been saying how UFO's exists then theres those who say that UFO's don't exist. Theres been video footage as proof but there also has been statements on the downside of the videos. I belive in UFO's but not in the way they are described.

Learn the meaning of the word "proof", !@#$%. It's evidence. And not very credible evidence at that.

Technically, yes. A UFO is an "unidentified flying object". So, because people see objects that are flying and unidentified, they exist. What they are, on the other hand...

gm112

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 11:26:15 pm »
I know the meaning of proof. I'm just saying UFOs are described in many different ways that you don't know which to believe.

Off Topic: Edited first post there was a typo <__<.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 11:40:41 pm »
Technically, yes. A UFO is an "unidentified flying object". So, because people see objects that are flying and unidentified, they exist. What they are, on the other hand...

Exactly, there are things in the sky that are seen and unknown, so they do exist, at least in a subjective way :P

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 11:46:58 pm »
  • MEOW
Putting aside the government's story of aliens...

I do believe UFO's exist.. just that there has not been any near the Earth. Also putting aside the fact that some objects are just unidentifiable. I am talking about alien spacecrafts... they exist somewhere out there... just nowhere near here.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 01:49:36 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
Yes UFOs exist, no spaceships dont. I wish people would stop assocciating one with the other, anything moving in the sky that cannot be identified is classed as a UFO, I've seen one as have most of the people living in this village, it happened last year, it was a glowing ball of light that was moving, doesnt mean it was an alien ship.

Naz

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 02:04:24 pm »
  • Ph34r the toast.
Spaceships = No.  What makes you think that aliens use the type of technology sciece fiction comic book writers put on paper?
UFO's = I've seen them so yes :P
Don't read this.
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 02:10:13 pm »
  • :3
everithing exist.. in my had .
i think the "ufo's"(alien stuff) are things we want to see not more
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 02:14:06 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
of course unidentified flying objects exist =)  Now if you want to talk about aliens..well just think about how vast the milky way is...there are billions of other planets out there, so why would Earth be the only one that can sustain life?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 02:23:59 pm »
not just this galaxy but all the other galaxies in the universe, there will be life out there somewhere but do you seriously believe they're adbucting our cows and hilbillies?

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 02:27:29 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
not just this galaxy but all the other galaxies in the universe, there will be life out there somewhere but do you seriously believe they're adbucting our cows and hilbillies?

no, I doubt they can easily travel space with supernovas, blackholes, gamma bursts etc getting in their way.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 02:54:50 pm »
Yeah, not to mention the fuel capacity they'd need and how long their lifespan would be or how many years they'd spend cryogenically frozen

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 03:12:25 pm »
Who says they'd need to be frozen? Or need fuel infact? There's a whole lot of scope for new ideas, they might have found them. Although I am still slightly confused why everything to do with aliens has to be OMG SUPR HIGH-TECH
URL=http://z7.invisionfree.com/VGRP/index.php]My new website![/URL]

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 03:36:15 pm »
Its is beyond us to imagine what such beings could and couldn't do: Restrictions on Fuel and mortality equivelant to what we face are irrelevant. On the other hand, one could consider that any other life -containing solar systems hold creatures which are similarly bound to only travellinng their own system, and that that is the only way.
But, radiation.
If we could disintegrate ourselves into information and send ourselves anywhere at light speed to be recombined ... All that we need is the time to get there initially, to set up a reciever.

... :) ...

Still, i doubt anything has ever come near here.

Its still even possible that once apon a time, a race as advanced as us lived under the sea, died out, and had its entire civilisation buried in the mantle. ( ocean crust lasts ~ 100-million years ).
Much more feasable to me, than it is that aliens ventured to our solar system from far away lol.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 03:41:33 pm »
Who says they'd need to be frozen? Or need fuel infact? There's a whole lot of scope for new ideas, they might have found them. Although I am still slightly confused why everything to do with aliens has to be OMG SUPR HIGH-TECH

Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, if they were coming from another part of our galaxy it would take them years never mind if they were coming from another galaxy in which case it would take centuries. So by deductive reasoning to travel that far they'd need to have lots of fuel and a long life span or go into stasis.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 03:47:31 pm »
Either read my post or watch star trek!
There is the theory to travel AS light.

I ♥ Sol
  • MySpace
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 03:51:30 pm »
I read it, it's just nonsense, there is no scientific basis behind such a theory and star trek is such a load of crap it gave me diarrhea, needless to say, I'm not a fan eh?  :P
They do however believe that there is a theory about a different type of light which is faster than regular white light, apparently the closer to the center of the universe you get the faster this light travels, again, its a theory with no real proof.

anyways the closest we've ever gotton to teleportation is an experiment which led to 1 atom being in two places at once, i remember reading about it in school.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 03:56:48 pm by Uppy »

Gilgamesh

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 03:56:10 pm »
Regardless, even travelling as light or any other form of radiation would still be pretty damn slow if you want to travel around in just this galaxy. Really, we need some sort of warphole device. :p

Ben

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 03:59:28 pm »
Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light

*shakes head*
Soooooo wrong.
Quantum tunelling, they can travel faster than the speed of light.
Hell because of the way waves work, part of the wave can travel faster than the speed of light, as long as the product of that speed and the speed of the wave front is c2 then it is possible, and does happen.

Plus, based on the idea that e = mc^2, and e = hf, we can therefore establish (because of the fact that e is removed and we know the frequency, the speed of light, and planks constant) that photons have a mass. It may be less than say a proton, but that would explain the limit on speed on a proton, because it's simply too big. So perhaps  find a way to transmit the quarks? (Though I think they might be bigger than bosons/photons so that might not work) and you're travelling faster than the speed of light.

What's more, seeing as I'm pretty certain this is true, in the days (or rather less than a second) of the creation of the universe, the universe expanded in size from the size smaller than an atom to something the size of a grapefruit, in so small a time that it had travelled faster than the speed of light. WTF? You might ask? Well ask yourself this as well, if gravity is the strongest when everything is incredibly dense, surely when the universe was in it's "proto-particle" stage it wouldn't have exploded, but simply imploded? But seeing as it didn't, then you must assume that in certain circumstances gravity performs differently, and matter/energy can move faster than the speed of light (because of the proto-particle to grapefruit thing).

So it's certainly not impossible, just highly improbable.
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 04:03:23 pm »
I read it, it's just nonsense, there is no scientific basis behind such a theory and star trek is such a load of crap it gave me diarrhea, needless to say, I'm not a fan eh?  :P
They do however believe that there is a theory about a different type of light which is faster than regular white light, apparently the closer to the center of the universe you get the faster this light travels, again, its a theory with no real proof.

anyways the closest we've ever gotton to teleportation is an experiment which led to 1 atom being in two places at once, i remember reading about it in school.

Future, Uppy - Future.
Flying machines were ridiculuous theory hundred of years ago.
Once upon a time, the earth wasn't round.
Star trek is science fiction. I'm insulted that you seem to regard me as trying to provide fact in a debate that isnt limited to excluding elements of space, time or dimension to which we have very limited knowledge.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 04:05:10 pm by aab »

I ♥ Sol
  • MySpace
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 73 queries.

anything