Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Do UFO's really exist?  (Read 5155 times)

Re: Do UFO's really exist?
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 04:06:37 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
@ Ben: No physical object can travel faster than the speed of light, god said it! probably
@ Aab: Yeah i suppose you're right about that! maybe one day....

Ben

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 04:09:07 pm »
@Uppy
That's just naievity. And it's one that most of the human race share.
First of all, due to the duality of light it is a physical object, so you can at least travel at the speed of light if you are light. But light travels at different speeds through different materials, so there really is no set speed of light ;).
And I love how you just brushed away my point of "we believe that it happened during the big bang".
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 06:39:16 pm »
I give for your reading pleasure this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light

scroll down to "Faster than light" it covers tunnelling and quantum mechanics and does indeed say that somethings can travel (Up to 3x) faster than light....different types of light and tachyons particles but still it cannot be used to transfer information any faster, this includes denser physical objects.
As for the comment about traveling as fast as light if we were light...how would we become light?

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 06:48:13 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
There must be other life forms and space ships, otherwise how would Xenu, thetans or scientology exist? [/sarcasm]
  • Netterra Virtual Pets

gm112

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 07:03:03 pm »
scientology is all a lie
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2006, 07:11:33 pm »
scientology is all a lie

Wrong topic to be talking about what a pile of bull-pie scientology is ;)

Ben

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2006, 07:44:07 pm »
how would we become light?

Now this is where uninvented technology comes in, and a little bit of physics that we are yet to discover.
In that grand scheme of things there is an idea that all matter, and energy are the same (see e = mc2). And the idea is that if you go down to a simple enough level you'll find the elementry particle that both quarks and leptons are made out of. With the discovery/creation of quarks we solved how neutrons and protons are actually the same thing, sorta. A neutron is made of two down quarks and an up qurak (a down quark has a charge of -1/3 [Relative Atomic Charge] and an up quark has a charge of 2/3, -1/3 + -1/3 + 2/3 = 0). A proton is made up of two up quarks and a down quark (2/3+2/3+-1/3 = 1).

This is the part where my quantam physics gets a little... blurry. Now I *think* that leptons are a group of bosons. (An electron is a lepton). And bosons are things like photons, gravitons, gluons etc. So the story doesn't end with the quarks :-p. But basically, an electron is akin to a photon, and if we can figure out how to turn electrons into photons, and quarks into photons (maybe by turning them into another type of boson first) then we could, theoretically travel at the speed of light.

But it would be difficult.
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 08:05:44 pm »
Ofcourse they exist I just saw one a second ago.
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 08:11:04 pm »
  • Personal Text
of course they do, I just saw Hyrule Boy's face :)

Ben

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 08:15:00 pm »
* Ben Points to "Ad Hominem" rule and kicks Hyrule_boy and Mewgull out of Debates.

Guys this is supposed to be serious debating, I just spent time on my post explaining something, and your like "LOL FLYING SAUCERS" practically.
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2006, 08:16:30 pm »
UFO does exist. "Unidentified Flying Objects".

But what we're talking about is ALIENS, creatures who live on other planets, etc. I believe in aliens, yes. I don't believe this is the only planet with living things in the whole Universe. Seriously, there must be living things, we just haven't got there yet. Or they get to us, who knows, they maybe have much better technology than us. So..

And just for fun: Did you know it takes you 7 hours to fly to Pluto in the speed of light directly from Earth? :D

gm112

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2006, 08:17:41 pm »
yeah this is starting to go off topic.....What Ben and Frebby pointed out was just amazing
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 08:20:32 pm by gm112 »

Ben

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2006, 08:22:34 pm »
Believing in aliens also depends on your view of the universe itself.
If you are one of the few that believe that the universe goes on forever, then quite simply you have to believe in aliens, as if there's infinite space then there's infinite possibilty for things to be happening :D.

Limey

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2006, 08:25:35 pm »
I think anything is possible, just not in this world (meaning we won't ever learn about these things or anything EVER).  Space is crazy !@#$%.
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 08:31:12 pm »
If we somehow found out that the Earth isn't flat, or that the yellow-ball thing in the sky really is a star we today call sun, and that there is a distant small planet really far away from us called Pluto, then we should be able to uncover other things beyond that. Our knowledge has no limits.

Limey

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2006, 08:32:57 pm »
But its impossible to see present time at pluto.  When we look at pluto today, we see it 7 years ago.

Ben

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2006, 08:34:19 pm »
*7 hours.

And No it isn't impossible to see present time at pluto, you just have to be there.
But you want to see present time on pluto here? Well you're just being pernickity, you don't even see present time in live football matches >_>. Hell you cannot see present time for whats in front of you, light still takes time to travel.

gm112

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2006, 08:35:30 pm »
Light travels a miliseconds off in cases such as a football game. It's true that we cannot see the exact present time of anything but at least we are close.

Ben

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2006, 08:40:14 pm »
We are close, true. But if you are at that football game you have made the effort to go there and therefore you would probably make the effort to go to pluto.
If on the other hand you had to wait 6/7 hours for the football match to get round the earth because technology truly sucks and it takes that long, you wouldn't complain.
Yet there are complaints of "But I can't see pluto in realtime".

gm112

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2006, 08:44:16 pm »
Wouldn't we be able to see pluto at a more acurate time if we invented the technology to transfer info for us at a faster rate?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 73 queries.