Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Legends  (Read 1887 times)

-X-

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Legends
« on: October 16, 2006, 02:31:24 am »
http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23296&st=0
(where I first posted the idea, any other info can be found at that topic if I leave anything out)

I really liked FSA, but I thought that it could be way better. So the basic idea I came up with is FSL, I would like to end up with it being 60 all new levels, More Shadow Battle Arenas, Unlockable levels and Shadow battle arenas, more items from different zelda games (like the hook shot, mirror shield, Ether)

I had origionally thought it to be a 4 player game, but there would be a lot of problems with having it on one TV screen, so it would have to be over the Internet, kind of like a MMORPG. Players can chat (hopefully, its the only way the game would really work). All the level ideas I have can be found at the link I posted, along with some minigame ideas and such.

If there is an interest I will keep posting all the new ideas that I have here.

Unfortunately, I don't really know anything about programming, so I'm definately going to need lots of help, making a game like this can't be done alone anyway

So Post any other ideas you might have to make the game better as well as comments, and especially post if you'd like to help :D
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Legends
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 01:47:07 am »
  • ..Goodbye..
I had an idea like this a while ago. Some guy and I were actually going to start working on it. We were basically going to turn the world into one that you can explore, instead of hopping from one area to another, so it'd be like a normal zelda game, and adding several new items. Anyway, 60 new levels sounds like its pushing it. Maybe you should lower that number?
Helios did it.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 03:03:16 am »
  • =/
I had an idea like this a while ago. Some guy and I were actually going to start working on it. We were basically going to turn the world into one that you can explore, instead of hopping from one area to another, so it'd be like a normal zelda game, and adding several new items. Anyway, 60 new levels sounds like its pushing it. Maybe you should lower that number?
If you designed your own level editor to work with the game, it would be easy to design that many levels. Have your game read off of a string that is exported from the map editor into an encrypted doc/word file. Then, have your game un-encrypt the word document, place all the objects/tiles, then delete the unencypted version from memory to avoid hecking. Your room would then be filled with hundreds of tiles and objects with barely any real work done at all.

In theory, it could easily work. (In theory of course, I have no experience at all with online games but I have alot with Game Making programs and map editors.)

I would love if this idea was to become true but unfortunatly, not enough people on ZFGC have online experience to help you.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 01:25:12 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
May I make a suggestion?

Have a level editor coupled with the game when you distribute it, and you will have people sharing their "campaigns".
This also sounds really good, as I too was somewhat dissapointed my FSA.

If you were dedicated enough, you could learn some Nintendo DS programming and make it for that, multiplayer of course, with a scaled depiction of where everyone is ,a la SSB, on the top screen.  (Players that got too far off would go OFF the screen, and only he would be displayed.  On both screens, of course)  If you were even more dedicated you could create a program on the computer that interfaces over wifi with the DS to transfer new campaigns.

Then again, just a thought.  Sorry I went off on a tangent like that.  Good luck with your game.  It sounds really good.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 05:30:44 pm »
Incredibly ambitious. I wish you the best of luck, because I think you're going to need it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 44 queries.