Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fire Alarm  (Read 3099 times)

Fire Alarm
« on: April 17, 2006, 03:44:08 am »
  • The Broken King
Yep, the fire alarm in my building went off. After quickly grabbing my keys (in case I needed to get back in), my wallet (in case it was the real thing), my cell phone (in case I needed to call anybody), and my cat (not gonna leave her to the firemen, just in case). After standing outside for about 10 minutes, with the cat meowing prety much the entire time and getting attacked by a neighbours dog once, the firetruck showed up (which really upset the cat, probably because of the noise). The firemen quickly figured out that the problem was water damage (for those of you as clueless as me, no, I don't know how that causes a fire alarm to go off), and then let us back in, although they didn't disable the fire alarm until after I had gotten into my apartment, so the cat meowed the entire way up the stairs.

And that is why my arm and ribs are covered in cat scratches.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
Re: Fire Alarm
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 04:03:05 am »
  • Huzzowee!
Wow... that sucks... really.... wow...

KITTY!!! :D
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539

Busternaut

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 04:11:13 am »
lol that sucks...at least the cat is safe in case it was an actual fire...and i don't know how water can start the fire alarm. XD
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 04:24:36 am »
  • The Broken King
me neither, tdoesn't really suck anymore though XD
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 04:30:21 am »
Sounds like an exciting adventure; now, you can reminisce with your cat.
Well the wind that blows, it's blowing colder.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 11:31:48 am »
Well I don't know about water damage but you can have fire alarms connected to leak detection systems that then set your fire alarm off in the case of a leak.
Or the fire alarm could have been damaged by the water, one of the detector bits.

Hehe I had a cat once, didnt like to be handled one bit :P

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account

Drew

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 01:10:00 pm »
Lots of people wouldn't take their pet out (I know I would fi I could find them), so that was loyal of you :D
Good thing it wasn't for real anyways... you'd have no clothes

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 01:12:45 pm »
Or the fire alarm could have been damaged by the water, one of the detector bits.
You could always shoot the fire-alarm witha  water pistol to find out  ;D

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

Ben

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 01:15:45 pm »
One of the guys at my school once managed to set off the fire alarm by throwing a tennis ball into the building and hitting the fire alarm button
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion

bran371

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 02:06:13 pm »
The alarms at my school have these big plastic covers on them, so you have to pull up the cover, which sets off the alarm, and then pull down the red part, which will call the fire department. My friend managed to set off the fire alarm by running into it once, but he didn't get in too much because it didn't call the fire department.

<__< As for your story... that is why I hate kitties. The stupid things treat it like their mission in life to inflict a lot of pain on you for no damn reason. A trained dog wouldn't have done that. I remember when I had a cat before, and it snuck outside and got attacked by the neighbour's dog that had broken out of his yard somehow. I went outside and fought off the dog, with the cat slashing at me the whole time. Then on the way in he sunk his claws into me. Stupid cat.

Though, sorry about the cuts. Cat scratches are always somehow more irritating than regular scratches.

Limey

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 02:08:50 pm »
At least your building didn't burn down, and I'm glad your cat is okay, though Nice cats dont scratch ;)
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 07:09:27 pm »
  • The Broken King
At least your building didn't burn down, and I'm glad your cat is okay, though Nice cats dont scratch ;)

My cat doesn't normally scratch, just when she's scared.

<__< As for your story... that is why I hate kitties. The stupid things treat it like their mission in life to inflict a lot of pain on you for no damn reason.

Again, my cat doesn't normally scratch, the poor thing was scared XD
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 07:39:20 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
yea, the fire alarm went off in my school when the water pumps and whatnot were screwed up and leaking..so they're probably connected to the water system as well.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Limey

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 09:34:36 pm »
.. that is why I hate kitties. The stupid things treat it like their mission in life to inflict a lot of pain on you for no damn reason.

My kitty cat has never scratched me ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 62 queries.