Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter Kit)! [with Screenshots & video!]  (Read 116800 times)

Twilight Alchemist

State Alchemist
Re: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter ...
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 03:43:28 pm »
Quite obviously it's a permissions issue, try running the game/editor with admin privelages and see if that fixes it.
If it does then either adjust your UAC settings or just run as admin whenever you want to use it :P
Since RPG Maker XP is no longer supported it's doubtful you'll be able to get them to fix it.
I don't get what your saying. I'm not sure how to load the game with admin privileges. How is RPG maker XP no longer supported?
(>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<) <(  )>
"Oh! The Rock of Death, my mortal enemy! I'll deal with you later rock." Later "Oh! Rock of Death! We meet again. Well this time things will go differently, cause I'm not five years old any more, AND THERE IS NO BANANA!" - ???
My PZE account: http://zeldaengine.net/user-112.html
If you're going to be Mr. FMA over here,
Shadow of Termina spriter
http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 03:56:28 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Simple they don't sell it anymore, and they don't have any of the data for it anymore. In other words, they pretty much tossed it aside.

Twilight Alchemist

State Alchemist
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 06:33:46 pm »
Simple they don't sell it anymore, and they don't have any of the data for it anymore. In other words, they pretty much tossed it aside.
Ok!
"Oh! The Rock of Death, my mortal enemy! I'll deal with you later rock." Later "Oh! Rock of Death! We meet again. Well this time things will go differently, cause I'm not five years old any more, AND THERE IS NO BANANA!" - ???

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 03:14:10 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
Right click and select "Run as Administrator" or something similar.
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2012, 10:01:10 pm »
In the Update Patch 4 (of which the link to download it is in the previous page, here on this topic) comes with some really nice cinematics - references from the official Zelda games.

Hope you like them. Here for example, if you talk to the mayor by standing in front of his office, you will trigger a special cinematic with a very funny dialog as the NPCs are fighting each other about if the town's carnival could go as planned, or if the citizens shall evacuate due to the upcoming moon's fall on Earth.

Soon will post more updates done on the PZE.
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
The official website here: projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net
Download it here: www.rpgrevolution.com
Download it here: www.rmrk.net
Download it here: www.rmxpunlimited.net
Download it here: www.creationasylum.net
Download it here: www.zfgc.com
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2012, 10:10:28 am »
Here are comparison pictures between the Nintendo 64's Clock Town, and the Project Zelda Engine's Clock Town, for those who haven't tried the upcoming PZE UP4 yet (which features the whole Clock Town for you the gamers).

Im posting the pictures here, so there is no need to reply to the mails asking for such pictures. Here are your pictures!

Enjoy! :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:15:21 am by SilentResident »
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 08:10:26 am »
We have done a significant progress on the Update Patch 4 for the Project Zelda Engine. Today we are sharing with you some info about those new features, capabilities and mechanisms that have been added to the starter kit, with the primary goal of enriching it, and turning into a capable Zelda Starter Kit for creating your nostalgic games with.

New or existing items:
Of course lets start with some of the improvements on existing items, or the addition of new items to the engine:
The Lens of Truth now have been turned into a full script, which updates in real time! As real time, we mean as soon as an enemy or object falls within the range of the Lens, it's truth will be revealed to you!

The Powder Keg (from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask) and the Super Bomb (A Link to the Past) have been added to PZE, and are unique that they feature a much bigger explosion radius and have a stronger explosive force which can really hurt Link alot if standing near it.

New enhancements:
The Transformation Masks now will no longer, instantly, transform Link from one form to another. Instead, they will now have a beautiful, Majora's Mask-styled transition which allows for a gradual transformation that can be of many frames per second as you wish, and brings more realism to your game!

Also our dear Deku Link, now is using the Pipes of Awakening to play the songs!

New Mask Forms:
The long-waited Fierce Deity's Mask which many Zelda fans love and call with the nickname "Oni Link", finally makes its return to the Project Zelda Engine! Now, Link can transform into an adult Fierce Deity Link, and in this new form, he is equipped with the finest sword: the Double Helix Blade.

New interiors and maps to playtest!
Although they seem not necessary in a Starter Kit, we decided that some more maps will bring you some extra Zelda-related mechanisms and unique features which you can use in your games if you want so. Those includes a "black market" styled Curiosity Shop from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask!:

New companion!
We kept the best news for the end! Try guess who has been returned to the Project Zelda Engine Update Patch 4!
Epona the Horse! The famous animal friend of Link, who accompanies him in his adventures, now is available for you to ride and explore the vast world of Hyrule with her!
Epona can be called through 2 ways so far, (but you can add more ways of calling her, if you wish): By playing the Epona's Song, or the Horseshoe Flute (aka Horse Call)! Of course, when you call Epona, you can see her as she is coming at you, and when you dismount her, you will see her leaving!

Epona is a ride-able female companion of Link, which allows him to travel across maps at a higher speed, jump over obstacles, and engage in mounted combats with other enemies.  But Epona may not be called in, or enter, the indoor maps such as houses and dungeons. Also in the Starter Kit you can define which weapons/items may not be used while riding her. We don't want a crazy Link to throw bombs on her head while riding, or to transform himself into a heavy Goron that could kill Epona with his weight. Could we?

As we mentioned above, we granted Link the ability to engage in mounted combat and fight enemies while is riding. Link, so far, is able to use the Bow and the Sword, which can bring a new immersion to your games! The movement controls of Epona, of course are easy, simple and pretty much the same as the ones of Link. The Shield in the Z Button (Shield key) is automatically being replaced by the Bow which saves you from having to assign the bow manually to the C-Buttons to use while riding Epona! ;)

That's all for today! :) We hope you are excited to try the Project Zelda Engine Update Patch 4 when it comes out!

Have a nice day!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:45:08 am by SilentResident »

Twilight Alchemist

State Alchemist
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 05:54:05 pm »
Say S_R, when is the next update with all these goodies coming out?
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2012, 06:03:27 am »
Say S_R, when is the next update with all these goodies coming out?
Sometime around Autumn 2012. We are trying to finish it...
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2012, 08:22:04 pm »
Guess it is the time some news about our work on the Project Zelda Engine Patch 4 (well, lets from now call it PZE Version 4 Build 0!).

Really, this period we are mostly spending our time debugging the scripts and tools of Project Zelda Engine, so the engine has the minimal amount of bugs possible before the engine's release to the public. We also are adjusting some details about the weapons so they function properly. For example the Bomb Arrows now consumes BOTH 1 Arrow Ammo and 1 Bomb Ammo.

We made progress on the configuration of the PZE's swimming system and sword spin attack. ;)  Here are some samples of the work doing this second half of August. ;)

The Sword Spin Attack is a work in progress and we are aiming to give you a realistic spin attack in the style of most 3D Zelda games, although it is kinda difficult to replicate it in a 2D platform such as Project Zelda Engine.

----------------------------------------------

We made decent progress at configuring and setting a nice swimming system for you all the Zelda gamers to enjoy in their games! We are providing you the best Swimming System that can be used with ease, and efficiency.
You can set the swimming systems parameters very easily - for example be allowed to swim without flippers like in Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, or flippers are required to avoid drowning like in Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past.

To set which water tiles are swimmable, in UP4, is very simple: just go to Tileset editor and set the Terrain Tag for the Tiles from #0 to #4, which is the terrain tag associated with Water tiles (swimmable). ^_^ 
The rest is absolutely automated: if you have no flippers and try enter the water, you will get drown, lose some health, and then respawn to the nearest safe tile you was before you get drown.

The swimming system in UP4 is purely automated and fully scripted, with awesome performance and very impressive animations, and swimming has a slower movement speed than walking, and there is no extra configuration needed to be done by you the gamers.

In older versions of PZE, such as UP3, on the other hand, the swimming system didn't exist at all - you had to set it manually, using events, and it was a pain to set it. It needed thousands of events to make it work, and this often caused map lags.

Next has to do about the Magic Beans (an inventory item seen in 2 Zelda games so far - Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask)
The Magic beans can be purchased and be planted into patches of soft soil. but to grow, they definitely will need from you to wait.... 7 years. Of course some people may not have that much patience and wait 7 years, so we gave you some extra options such as using a bottle with water, or the Song of Storms to summon a thunderstorm, will cause the Bean plants to grow and mature, allowing you to climb on them and transport you to secret areas of a map.

Who doesn't love the adorable Deku Link and his ability to fly with the help of the Deku Flowers? Here is some progress done on allowing the Deku Link to use Deku Flowers in Project Zelda Engine and be able to fly around on the game's map, for a short period of time, and reach difficult or impossible areas.

Also we made a nice progress to finish the maps that come with Project Zelda Engine, and we are pleased with the results of our work! Here are some samples - the Knife Room in Stock Pot Inn!

The Treasure Chest Mini Game Shop! Play and win prizes! (if you are a fair gamer, do not use the Lens of Truth to see what the treasure chests may hide from you!)

Can't decide which chest has the key to bigger prizes? Cheat you way with the Lens of Truth (Just make sure you don't tell that to the Game shop's operator, she won't be very happy!!

Stay tuned! :)

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2012, 11:19:06 pm »
  • You can find me on Deviantart to! :D
OMFG, this is one of my new favourite pages now. Im gonna update this page pretty much daily for news. I dont want to miss a bit of it. This is what i have waited for. Zeldaclassic didnt work for me, i got bigger hopes for this! What was that about rpg maker? What is it, and cant i get it anymore? If it isnt supported, does that mean one cannot buy it anymore??? If so, cannot i get this engine?

Those songs, can one make its own song for the engine or are those in already set? Like, no more songs can be added by users? I wish to see more about how you use this engine, would you say it is easy to use? In wich way? Im so excited! :D XD XD XD
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

Heres my Deviantart: http://arceusrules98.deviantart.com/

Wiki page:http://wiki.zfgc.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Time_Collapse
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2012, 11:26:55 pm »
  • It's the grineer
OMFG, this is one of my new favourite pages now. Im gonna update this page pretty much daily for news. I dont want to miss a bit of it. This is what i have waited for. Zeldaclassic didnt work for me, i got bigger hopes for this! What was that about rpg maker? What is it, and cant i get it anymore? If it isnt supported, does that mean one cannot buy it anymore??? If so, cannot i get this engine?

Those songs, can one make its own song for the engine or are those in already set? Like, no more songs can be added by users? I wish to see more about how you use this engine, would you say it is easy to use? In wich way? Im so excited! :D XD XD XD

First of all: welcome to ZFGC! Nice forum it is, right? I'd recommend on staying tunned, so you can get to know a lot of new thinga happening around here, about fan-games! (Zelda fan game central, right? Duh, Blaze!).

Now, what you need (for what I understand), is having installed in your PC, RPG Maker XP. Don't know where you can get that older version. Sorry  :-\

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2012, 11:39:35 pm »

First of all: welcome to ZFGC! Nice forum it is, right? I'd recommend on staying tunned, so you can get to know a lot of new thinga happening around here, about fan-games! (Zelda fan game central, right? Duh, Blaze!).

Now, what you need (for what I understand), is having installed in your PC, RPG Maker XP. Don't know where you can get that older version. Sorry  :-\
Thank you ^-^ and no problem, someone around here must know :)
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2012, 01:32:50 pm »

I am sorry for taking that much to reply to your questions, been kinda too busy lately. Yes, you can create your custom songs! :) Its very simple, and your only concern could be the compromising of the song's melody. :)

PZE supports infinite ammount of songs to be added to it. So far we added 21 Ocarina songs to it, all of which run perfectly! :D
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 02:29:51 pm »
I am back to work, now doing the final touches to many of PZE's sprites.

What do you think of Epona's new sprites? Credits will be given to the author of the original, pixelated model.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 02:33:36 pm by SilentResident »
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2012, 03:06:08 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I'm surprised I haven't seen this yet, very impressive work!  The art is fantastic!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2012, 03:46:41 pm »
These special effects, can we use the ones in-game but be able to change their color easily with some kind of filter? What if i want green heart effects instead of red for something?

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2012, 04:39:29 pm »
These special effects, can we use the ones in-game but be able to change their color easily with some kind of filter? What if i want green heart effects instead of red for something?

Yeah, all the graphics in PZE are 100% modifiable. The song's visual effects are stored in .png (image file that can be opened with most image editing softwares you can find out here, including Photoshop and Gimp).
You can open it using Photoshop, and change the color of a song, or add new effects to it. They will all show up when you play the game, next time. :)

Here is the .PNG file for the Song of Healing, to give you an idea how each .pgn file looks like when you open it with an Image editing software:

Ocarina - Song of Healing.png

Pretty self explanatory, heh? :)

This particular .png file consists only of 5 frames because the Song of Healing is a pretty simple effect. (but you can expand it to have as many frames as you want, if you are after making a complicated effect). The Project Zelda Engine rotates (clockwise or counterclockwise) each frame independently of each other, and each frame is played above the other frames. This way we have a very beautiful Majora's Mask-styled graphical animation when Link plays the Song of Healing in his Ocarina.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:47:28 am by SilentResident »

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2012, 06:11:37 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
That is some awesome stuff man   :o now if only that existed back then when I used rpg maker lol.  XD

Keep up the good work.  ;)
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2012, 10:10:48 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
If you could somehow implement diagonal movement, I would be happy, otherwise, I am very sad, because this entire project would be superb if it allowed for that kind of free movement. But without it, I would personally find it unbearable to play with. But dang, it does look amazing.
  • My Music
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 77 queries.

anything