Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: school program blocking  (Read 2423 times)

school program blocking
« on: June 15, 2007, 02:26:36 pm »
ok, it's like this. at my school we have this #*$%ed up thing that pops up every time you try to run a program off of a usb or in the so called "custom block list" thingo.
it says (to this effect):
"cannot access the exe E:\game_maker_6\gm.exe . this program has been blocked by a software restriction policy. access denied."
we used to be able to just use the visitor account to run games and crap, but that got blocked. anyone know how to get through something like this?
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Re: school program blocking
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 03:15:55 pm »
  • :D
Why don't you just... study or something.  They don't want you mucking around on their computers.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 03:54:08 pm »
  • Captain Banana
Why would you want to use your school computers for other things than.... school?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 04:04:42 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
^^When you're sitting in a class such as web design with nothing to do, you'll understand.  Tetris suddenly becomes your best friend.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 04:23:26 pm »
  • :D
^^When you're sitting in a class such as web design with nothing to do, you'll understand.  Tetris suddenly becomes your best friend.
Okay, and you can play tetris on the internet.  Why does he need to run gamemaker? :P
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 05:28:41 pm »
  • 笑い男
are you people nuts?
suggesting to use school pc's for school work. thats absurd. seriously.
if it blocks you from running them from the usb stick, just copy it to somewhere first? lol
otherwise, i can only think of having to kill the software that stops you from doing it. as long as it is an application.
when we had crap that like on new pc's in school, we soon figured out that when you logged in, as soon as you were clear checking the password and it letting you in, you could unplug the ethernet cable, so you lose connection to the network. then, it just screws up it. so you can press ctrl alt del and run a new process. like "explorer" and do whatever you want freely :D
dunno if your system works ina similar way though :/

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 06:38:34 pm »
  • Captain Banana
Lol, at my school it is strictly forbidden to do something on the computers that has nothing to do with school. If they catch you, your school computer account get's banned and such. So nobody tries it (at least not to my knowledge XD)
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 06:51:54 pm »
I love how my school tries to block us out of everything on the computer, but they don't block batch files so we can just access the command prompt and do whatever XD

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 07:15:46 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I once sent a message to the whole of the school when I was messing around in CMD...good times...I didn't 'get away' with it, but I didn't get punished AT ALL either :D
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 09:33:16 am »
Why don't you just... study or something.  They don't want you mucking around on their computers.
Why would you want to use your school computers for other things than.... school?
when you finish something in the first five or ten minutes of lesson, and you can't talk or use mobiles or ipods otherwise you get sent out to the withdrawal room (4 withdrawals = suspension), all the default windows games are removed from the computer, the internet costs you money (and almost everything's blocked anyway), and you don't feel like doing homework or other work (or can't, cause the teachers say it's not called homework to be done at school), why not? and I made a game for a project last year.
Lol, at my school it is strictly forbidden to do something on the computers that has nothing to do with school. If they catch you, your school computer account get's banned and such. So nobody tries it (at least not to my knowledge XD)
same, but the fact is there's only about 2 or 3 teachers of about 50 that will actually go out of their way to report you, but if you do get reported it's no big deal, we only get banned for a week.
I love how my school tries to block us out of everything on the computer, but they don't block batch files so we can just access the command prompt and do whatever XD
the command prompt's blocked too, I tried that alraeady. when it wasn't blocked though...
I once sent a message to the whole of the school when I was messing around in CMD...good times...I didn't 'get away' with it, but I didn't get punished AT ALL either :D
we used to use the netsend prompt all the time, especially if me and my friends were in different classes XD.
are you people nuts?
suggesting to use school pc's for school work. thats absurd. seriously.
if it blocks you from running them from the usb stick, just copy it to somewhere first? lol
otherwise, i can only think of having to kill the software that stops you from doing it. as long as it is an application.
when we had crap that like on new pc's in school, we soon figured out that when you logged in, as soon as you were clear checking the password and it letting you in, you could unplug the ethernet cable, so you lose connection to the network. then, it just screws up it. so you can press ctrl alt del and run a new process. like "explorer" and do whatever you want freely :D
like I said, it's only when I've finished my work, or in a lesson like music theory (nearly always in a comp room for that), where the teacher doesn't care (and I still get A's and B's), it's just to have some fun. I tried copying to my server, but that didn't work.
I have no idea, I went into the proccesses and closed off about 10 random ones once, but either I didn't get the right one, or it's just not an app.
when we had crap that like on new pc's in school, we soon figured out that when you logged in, as soon as you were clear checking the password and it letting you in, you could unplug the ethernet cable, so you lose connection to the network. then, it just screws up it. so you can press ctrl alt del and run a new process. like "explorer" and do whatever you want freely
I'm sure I can find out. I haven't tried that yet :).

lol though, my school administrator told one of my friends he hacked the school network when he was at school (about 4 years ago) and damaged server data or something. although I do agree with him that school security and blocking programs have "heck ME" or "FIND A WAY TO GET AROUND ME" written all over them.
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 03:33:11 pm »
  • Captain Banana
same, but the fact is there's only about 2 or 3 teachers of about 50 that will actually go out of their way to report you, but if you do get reported it's no big deal, we only get banned for a week.
I wish I were on your school, all teachers on my school enforce that rule.
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 06:05:05 pm »
http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2005/12/12/circumventing-group-policy-as-a-limited-user.aspx
^^
you could try something like that

fortunately i don't need to deal with any restriction crap, in fact we even have one room that has steam (cafe version) installed.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 11:18:43 pm »
  • The Mike
At my school they block some sites on Internet Explorer like MSN Hotmail, so I just use FireFox instead. Yeah, some programs won't install for me like Adobe Flash Player at school.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 03:08:09 am »
  • w00t
For me, they blocked cmd.exe but not command.com, so I used that if I absolutely needed the command line.  Of course, then they blocked out access to the C:\ drive, which I circumvented by choosing "open" when downloading a zip file, which let me scroll up from the temp directory until I was at C:\ and could get to command.com

Oh, and our school website has a proxy on it that bypasses the schools filters, and since it's on the school website itself, it won't be blocked like the other proxies were.  Previously it was just a matter of finding the correct url, but then too many people would find out and it would get moved.  Now they added a username/password field to it so that they could keep it in one spot for all time.  I was lucky though, as I was in Web Design and as such I got access to the website's directory structure via DreamWeaver a couple of times throughout the year.  During one of those times, I found the page and looked at the login script to find the correct login details.  Great fun.  Just tested it now and it's still up, hehe.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 06:33:32 am »
nope, the command.com is blocked too. and I know an easier way of browsing the c drive, it's just a matter of making a shortcut to C:\ on a usb and using that.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 02:42:50 pm »
which I circumvented by choosing "open" when downloading a zip file, which let me scroll up from the temp directory until I was at C:\ and could get to command.com

you could just make a batch file with the text command.com in it and the run the batch and you'll get the command prompt lol.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 10:30:00 am »
got it, I finally found a way to get around the blocker. just zip it and run it in the zip. only works with exe's with no other files needed though.
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 08:29:14 pm »
  • odens knop
I say get a Windows live boot cd and a thumbsize CS edition, there are some good ones.  Works at my school. :P
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 72 queries.

anything